Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I got the game yesterday and had a blast.

Today I CTD with no error after 2 minutes in a match. Seems others have been having the issue too and their patch day is Tuesday.

So I guess I'm gonna miss out on the newbie buff period waiting for the next patch. :rip: Serves me right I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

ecavalli posted:

I'm gonna be really bummed when this 2x Weapon/Character/Battle Pass XP event ends. I'm getting way too used to earning a new tier every other Warzone game.

I'm missing it because the game is broken :smith:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

The game is working again finally.

Now I'm just mad about how much I suck.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Shoot the ship is basically just to power level right?

I was having a blast just farming points like mad last night. It's so compact and frantic you basically can't help but get kills.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Great, the bonus week is almost over and the crash bug is back. Also needs to install shaders literally every time I play.

This is one of most janky games I've ever played... but it's the biggest franchise in the entire industry. :psyduck:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

So it seems like there is a general CTD bug on PC version and its not just me? Got the game to play with my roommate (on PS4) and the game crashes enough to be not worth playing - runs fine until it hangs and crashes with no error. Good framerate until the crash, no signs of a problem until it just shuts.

Game and drivers (video and general system) are up to date, scanned game files for errors, etc.

i5-4570K, Nvidia GTX 960, 8gigs ram, so I should be ok to play on medium-low settings?

Do I just have to wait until its fixed?

:same:

This week's patch didn't even address it. If anything it made it worse. It was stable for a few days and now it's back to crashing.

Again, this is the biggest franchise in the business and it's just randomly unplayable no matter what you do or what hardware you have. Indie devs in their bedrooms manage to get at least basic stability right. It's baffling.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

totalnewbie posted:

Not to mention that some of these weapons (e.g. AUG) are loving AWFUL trying to level. I ran around solo for a couple games of plunder, got the drop on a bunch of people, and then they just turned around and killed me because I'm here poking them with 9mm bullets.

At least I'm not the only one who feels this way. I put like 4 rounds into people's torsos and they can always snap over and one shot me it seems.

I was playing and then it disconnected me and now I'm in a queue to login that's 18 minutes long. Greeeeat.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

no pubes yet sorry posted:

It's a busy day for Blizzard Services!

First time I've seen this. I finished a game of warzone then it dumped me to desktop. Trying to log back in and I get a 20 minute queue to open up battle.net with that message.

Edit: And when the countdown finishes the app just sort of disappears but stays resident in memory. Can't bring to front or anything.

This game really really resents me playing it lol. I've played a lot of games over the year, thousands probably, never have I had one that crashes so much and now refuses to let me log in.

Edit: No you can't play the campaign offline. That would be too consumer friendly.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

explosivo posted:

Lol yikes. That really sucks.

I think on consoles you can, because the console makers insist.

PC, no such luck.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Tokubetsu posted:

If you're having random ctds on PC limit your fps to 100.

I limited it to 60.

It's been ok for a few days but the update screwed everything up.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Tokubetsu posted:

ah well what helped me around launch when this first popped up was to limit fps and drop a few settings. Reddit snooping and google searching seemed to indicate the game was using way more vram than it was indicating so to be safe you want to be a couple hundred under w/e the max bar says in the options screen for you. So whatever best works for you to hit that, give it a try.

lol the only game that requires more fiddling than this is like, The Sims 3. And directdraw games from 1998.

Limit your FPS, lower your graphics settings, reset shaders let it stay on for 15 minutes before you play, pray to Slaanesh, just so the biggest AAA game of them all from 3 months ago might deign to let you play. :allears:

I was in a co-op game last night, about to win, and it disconnected me.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

I got say, BR and co-op is kind of all I've ever wanted out of an Arma game.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

As much as I dig the Wyatt skins, why would I care about cosmetics when I can't see them unless I die?

I would be kind of interested in Battlepass if I didn't have so many CTD issues with this game.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

The anime pack they have on the store is so obnoxious. I love it, I’m actually tempted to get it lol

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Updated my PC to Ryzen 5 3600. Runs like a champ now, 100 FPS in MP. I only played as a proof of concept due to time so idk if my crashing issue is gone but at least when I can play, it'll be more smooth.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Terminal autist posted:

Domination deathmatch was in constant rotation with my squad and pretty annoyed they removed it.

They really should have a set of modes that just stay there, at least for a season. Is Mosh Pit ever going out of style?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

I usually come in here to bitch, but I fired up some CODMW after a long break and saw the 2X and 24/7 shipment. I genuinely had a lot of fun. Just chill times holding W+M1 high as gently caress.

If I buy the battlepass, can I still do the missions later or if when it rolls over to season 4 it's all gone?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

codo27 posted:

I think we all oughta make our tags ATIFA for the time being

I wasn’t gonna talk at first about it because it feels lame, but I made my tag BLM

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Fried Watermelon posted:

activision frantically panicking trying to add more non-police operators in the game

Well, at least the new skins for the defaults are British police.

So what happens now? Do they keep the 2XP going? Do they stop that and just let it be a normal week in season 3?

Maybe if they're sitting on it anyway they could test it?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Fart Car '97 posted:

I'm completely in support of Activision delaying season 4 because it's gonna piss off a massive amount of their maga playerbase and that's cool & good

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Macaluso posted:

I think a good change to this game would be removing that garbage cowboy cop skin

But then you don't get to shoot him in the face or gas him.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

I festooned my M4 with the rose stickers for the DSA. They gave away these away last season or something. It's not a red rose but it's what I got.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Did you try shooting them that may have helped

Also try shooting the gas. It's what I do when I inevitably don't pay attention and die stupid.

Actual in-game footage.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Theophany posted:

It takes a special kind of hosed up brain to enjoy. I feel you brother.

I like it because it’s not serious at all. Just W+M1 all match with music on, or try some stupid gimmick build. Nobody cares about the score because it’s just random carnage and farming

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

drunken officeparty posted:

I hope they take shipment away because I can’t not play it if it’s available

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

who the hell is out here buying weed with anything but cash lol.

It's easier for the dispensary to handle cash since banks don't do business with them (that's only for big boy drugs) and I don't want to leave a paper trail. It's legal here today, but who knows what tomorrow will bring.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Always feel like getting a BP for some skins and then I never actually play enough to justify 10 bux

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

priznat posted:

Yeah I think I am hitting burnout as I keep banging against some skill ceiling where i get dropped in a multiplayer match with a bunch of sweats and go 0-10 before finally just saying gently caress this and alt-F4ing out to go organize my music collection or something.

Same with warzone plunder, I get murdered so often now without even seeing my killer and it’s just not that much fun a lot of the time.

Part of the problem is self inflicted though as I try to level up otherwise lovely guns and then when I switch back to something I’m good with like a RAM or Bruen I do alright.

:same: I'm too much of a carebear to like WZ too much. And I have a full time job so getting put back to square one or watching a game while I cannot play is inefficient and frustrating.

I'd rather chip away at a long term goal even if my minute to minute performance is mediocre and unfocused. The Forzas and COD and Elite Dangerous is great for that.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

I got a HyperX with reds. I like it but sometimes I think I should have went brown.

It probably doesn't matter.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

priznat posted:

Yeah that is true I kind of get a bit tunnel focused on capturing points or whatever and die by the boatload. And running around like a maniac.

It seems the best strategy is sticking together in groups of 2-4 and sweeping through a map like shoothouse as a tight group regrouping as necessary, you can really gently caress poo poo up that way.

It's the only way since most maps have tons of sightlines and spawning is totally random.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Splinter posted:

Roughly how long do you have to be in game per BP level? I'm also at level 80 or so right now and am trying to figure out if grinding the last 20 levels is feasible given my play time.

An hour per level.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Anybody know a twitter or something to notify you about double xp things? The official Twitter has a lot of noise, I just want to get pinged when there's something time sensitive.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

I make just about every gun into an ADS beast.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

I used the 1911 in hardcore and it felt like cheating. I was one shottng tons of dudes from the hip.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Good soup! posted:

Still about 17 levels away, just don't think I'm gonna be able to do it :negative:

:same: bought in way too late. No FGF skins for me :rip:

I'm hoping to get 2 more CODbux levels so I can get the next BP free. I really should have ponied up earlier so I'm not cramming it all in at the last minute.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

But I'm sure you can tag as MAGA or TRUMP to your heart's content

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

:hmmyes:

It'll go great with my BLM tag. I wonder when they'll ban that.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Theophany posted:

He that is without a credit card and a finished six pack among you, let him first cast a stone at the store

I've never bought a skin pack. Hell, I bought my first BP 3 weeks ago but I've been playing since S2.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Yeah my usual download speed for gaming platforms is around 20 Mbps but battlenet doesn't even try to reach that half the time. For me not only are the patches huge, they also download slower than on any other platform!

Try using a different DNS provider. It's weird but it happens. Origin wouldn't download for poo poo on OpenDNS, as soon as I went to Google's DNS it was fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Tagged up at ANTFA and it let me.

Now I can play like the cool kids too.

I finally realized that oh wait, maybe if I follow a squaddie around it'll go better for me than if I just gently caress off in a random direction after spawn.