Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Captain Beans posted:

bring back the lovely gehtto guns for the gulag

This. ARs in the Gulag is some serious horseshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Do skins do poo poo? I just like being cussed out by the person I just killed, I think I've discovered my fetish.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

jisforjosh posted:

shipment is cancer but I can't stop

It takes a special kind of hosed up brain to enjoy. I feel you brother.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

priznat posted:

Yeah hardcore shipment can have moments of just pure gaming bliss and it is pretty addictive, I find. Sometimes anyway. Other times it’s just “gently caress this poo poo!!”

So far the only thing I really dislike is ground war especially on the farm map. I just get sniped constantly and it’s annoying as hell.

Yeah that mode/map combo is pure misery

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Inspector Hound posted:

The best skin is the goofy Russian guy in the track suit you get right at the start

e although for some reason I can't explain, getting killed by the guys in the ghillie suits makes me really mad every time, so that might be a good one too

Ground war overall is pretty disappointing, at first I was excited it seemed like they shoehorned a while battlefield game into just one extra mode, but the lack of squad selection and vehicle spawning shows things down a lot. Plus, even in HC you should at least get a map with a compass, just hide the enemy locations

Grinch and Mace are hands down the dopest operators for Allegiance. It's like they phoned in all the others.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

priznat posted:

Yah if u get mad about dying repeatedly in shipment should probably chillax

In shipment hardcore I die so much from TKs alone, I once tk’d with a throwing knife when a guy ran in front of me just as I threw it.

And now I just fling c4 all over and blow em.

Throw stun grenades as soon as you spawn just to piss the other team's players off. The hate gives me a supreme hard on.

And yes, I am seeking therapy.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

priznat posted:

Hell yeah I fling stuns or flash too, whatever happens to be in my loadout. I know I’m gonna die in 10seconds or less so it’s like a freakin yard sale.

I think I stun my teammates too lol oh well

I'm gonna die because I'm jackin it to being screamed at by the person who just died WHY AM I SO BROKEN

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

CJacobs posted:

Why are people named poo poo like "DonaldJTrump_45" and "[420]Mia Khalifa" always at the bottom of the scoreboard

In life in general or specifically COD?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

priznat posted:

Ohhh jeez that’s a nice hit of nostalgia right there, hell yes.

Anyone remember the battlefield 1942 addon with the jetpacks as well? That was the poo poo.

Bf1942 was the poo poo straight out of the box.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

CJacobs posted:

Insane mods for oldschool multiplayer fps games were always fun to experience. It's a shame they've been basically rendered impossible by modern games becoming so restrictive on private matches and hosting public servers. TF2 shoving the server browser off to the side and going all-in on matchmaking was the final nail in the coffin I think.

edit: I have fond memories of joining random HL2 Deathmatch or GMod servers and having absolutely no idea what I was in for. Cue spawning in and getting immediately blasted with loud rear end Korn or J-Pop or something while Reimu and Hatsune Miku jump around with rainbow colored gravity guns slinging sawblades at Solid Snake.

Hell yeah, some of the half baked mods of Wolf ET were hilariously dumb but so much drat fun.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I've been melting down over these loving sniper rifle gulags. Now I know why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSzfkpouYRk

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Burden posted:

No more shipment or shoot house 24/7. :sadwave:

gently caress this earth

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Yeah I hate the FAL but I understand its use and understand why someone would wanna use it but the VLK is straight trash.

Idk if you're a war zone building camper the VLK is a solid point blank face melter.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

codo27 posted:

Fudged something and had to reinstall windows, I downloaded the full 212gb game in like 45 mins. Just nasty

Lol having garbage internet makes backing up all your big downloads to a NAS imperative. gently caress ever downloading this game on a 20Mbps line ever again.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

moist turtleneck posted:

I think we are all guilty of buying a pack or two because gently caress the skins/bullshit are so good in this compared to the absolute crap games like destiny put out

He that is without a credit card and a finished six pack among you, let him first cast a stone at the store

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

skooma512 posted:

I've never bought a skin pack. Hell, I bought my first BP 3 weeks ago but I've been playing since S2.

I couldn't resist Grinch's hellbastard ghillie suit skin.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Al-Saqr posted:

I am usually at 6-8 Mb per second on steam but right now on battle net it’s like 1.5 mb per second and for the last 30 minutes has even went as low as 700 kB per second. My internet should be able to get massive speeds but it’s not showing in the downloads for some reason.

In Europe we VPN to a US/Canada server in the morning (whilst you're all asleep) and in the afternoon VPN to Asia Pacific (whilst they're all asleep). It's literally the only way to get a non-mid-1990s download speed on patch day.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I've started playing solo warzone for kills and it's way more fun. You just can't let yourself get mad about dying. Chalk it up to experience and click play again.

I get more stressed playing safe and get madder when I die after spending so much time playing safe

Absolutely, if you play at camping it just feels like you've wasted 30 minutes doing piss all.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

codo27 posted:

Dont go down this rabbit hole else you wind up realizing that no matter how you play the game its a waste, as all video games are 100% of the time
camping still bad

It's all worth it when you get the death chat rage outs :kiss:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I know I'm late to the party on this but dad mode BR fuckin owns

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

mrking posted:

All the bigger maps need something like hardpoint or domination to help focus the action imo. Is search and destroy any fun? It always through me off when I was expecting to respawn and then didn't, so I never have it a chance.

It definitely helps, but even then it feels like you're spending a disproportionate amount of time hauling rear end to the next hardpoint or flag.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Black Griffon posted:

how are the remasters by the way? it's been a while and I sort of want to experience the spectacle again, but I own every cod since mw1 already.

The MW remaster was a shitshow of crashes and didn't look tremendously better imo. MW2 remaster was good and wasn't a flaming trash fire either, but it's not like the original MW2 has major compatibility problems and still looks just fine to me, so I wouldn't really recommend it as a buy.

I am still excessively bitter that Soap hasn't featured in this reboot though.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

VulgarandStupid posted:

It’s kind of bizarre that firestorm didn’t realize the reason why Blackout didn’t do well long term was because it was behind a $60 paywall.

Probably would have been good to not make everything white on white on white. But here’s a video of me getting 7 kills in minute and a half en route to a 10 personal kill squad win with a base rarity gun.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/401367397

Were you playing with Steve O??

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Ok, so you're looking down the sight and can't see poo poo because you're still enormously zoomed out. Idgi?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Looten Plunder posted:

Depending on your preference (which is mine), you can have the advantage of a super wide FOV when your walking, but then get a nice zoomed in view when you ADS.

Ah ok. I remember I used to love playing at like 120 fov in my quake 3/wolf days but I just find I don't see poo poo until I'm getting a blue flash on my screen in Warzone.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Collapsing Farts posted:

I can't find Call of Duty modern warfare on any shops in my country, except for the console versions

It's called Call of duty: modern warfare right?

I'm fairly sure it's exclusive to Battle.net on PC, so you'll need to buy it straight from Activision/Blizzard.

ETA: full download is like ~205GB, so if you're on a slow throughput connection there's a nonzero chance that the next game will be out before you've finished downloading this one.

Theophany fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Sep 6, 2020

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
F9 is much easier than telling my teammates to shut the gently caress up so I can hear the dickhead stomping around in the rooms next to me so I can kill them and buy the braying dumbasses back. :shrug:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Loving all this wooden turn to camera poo poo.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Blops the fifth looks like it will be the worst call of duty ever made. Everything about it was abysmal.

Sure does, both Activision and I are glad I got my ultimate edition preorder in before I watched that livestream and I eagerly await the three day download of the game beginning on November 13.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

RichterIX posted:

I am an avowed bad player of this game but I still like to beat my head against the wall, but what is up with the matchmaking in this game? I am not good enough to ever really stomp anybody, but if I am doing "well" in say TDM I'm usually only going positive by 5 kills or so. If I am doing badly, I just get stomped into the mud and end up going negative by 10+ kills. Am I just staying up too late at night and playing into sweatlord territory after all the other casuals go to bed?

It's part of the experience that having a good game is immediately rewarded by getting absolutely skullfucked in the next lobby.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I will immediately bounce a lobby where I see multiple identical clan tags. I notice a lot that when I join a game in progress this is often the case. gently caress that noise forever.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

AlternateAccount posted:

This triggers me horribly. People just running by tags and I am running around behind them cleaning up like a frazzled parent. I KNOW, FIGHTING AND GETTING KILLS IS FUN, BUT I AM COMPELLED TO ALWAYS BE WORKING TOWARD THE OBJECTIVE/WINNING OVER ALL ELSE.

Yeah see this is why I'm convinced SBMM is based on score, not K/D ratio, because every time I do this I end up in a chain of lobbies where I feel like I'm just there to give the other team more people to ventilate.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Push El Burrito posted:

Tapping fire seems like a good way to not send as many bullets downfield as you can in the shortest amount of time. If you full auto you don't have to aim as much.

Unironically this. Throw bullets at fuckers.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

drunken officeparty posted:

I wouldnt be shocked if they unplugged the mw servers as soon as blopswar released tbh

CoD WWII servers are still online so I doubt MW2019 servers are going anywhere soon. It'll probably have WZ yanked out of it though.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Reinfected ground war is fun until some shitlord gets a juggernaut and glitches into a cliff face and ends up with a 250 kdr.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Yardbomb posted:

Went into a solos just trying to grab some contracts then go die for ribbon stuff, I drop at prison and get one of the easy secure area contracts, take the truck from the prison, get there and in the loot is a big glowy blueprint, tells me to go secure another area, I do so and it gave me an actual blueprint for completing it which all I'd never seen before, I then go on to complete a couple more contracts from driving around and being a menace, shotgun two dudes when randomly stopping to loot houses, roadkill a guy who was too slow on the draw to satchel my big honk truck, end up winning my first solo at the end because I snuck around as people died from gas, then climbed up some rocks and the last guy was crouch walking the direction away from me and I blatted him with an AK. When your match where you were initially planning to just suicide after a contract turns into something great.

Also make Shoot House and Shipment individually selectable modes like they are now, but forever.

I swear every single solos win I have has started off as trying to unlock something, not giving a poo poo and somehow finding myself in the final circle with somebody who somehow has the aiming capacity of a potato.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

lite_sleepr posted:

I'm tired of agonizing over graphics settings. If someone has a similar set up I'd greatly appreciate it if you would share your graphical settings so I can try and get good frames with hardware that is supposed to be 'nice.'

RTX 2070 Super
Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core
16GB RAM
LG 24UD58 monitors, which are supposed to be 4K, but I'm not 100% certain if they are!

Resolution to native, everything else to 'potato.' Frames win games, the gently caress you want to look at water reflections and smooth shadows for?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

gently caress yes gimme the leatherface skin

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Holy poo poo is zombie mode some stressful poo poo once the circle gets really tight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

veni veni veni posted:

I hate that the Kilo is so good in Warzone because it's bar none the most boring gun in the entire game. Basically almost all of the fun guns suck rear end in Warzone, because the only metric for what is good in Warzone is what is the biggest laser, or what sniper can down in one hit or what shotgun is the most bullshit atm. The other 50 guns are novelty items.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they're novelty items but it does usually force you to play a certain way that is either unfamiliar or straight up way more difficult to win with. My love affair with the Oden is testament to this, where ADS and rate of fire are measured on a calendar.