Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
can't wait to play this game for 2 weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
mw2boycott.jpg

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
To redeem the MW promo, you need to have an RTX card installed and redeem it through GeForce Experience (where after redemption, it'll ask you to link your Blizz account). So it's probably best you have an RTX card yourself or pre-emptively do something to safeguard your Blizz account before giving away credentials.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
Yeah, FOV is still trash on console. Other games like BFV added it despite the additional performance hit, so who cares, just add it IW. Picked this up on PC though, so I don't really care all that much. I'm really hoping crossplay actually keeps this drat thing alive. (worst case using a controller on PC to connect with PS/XBL players when the PC community dies out again)

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005

Broose posted:

Anyone here play the beta on PC with a Ryzen 3600-ish processor and a gtx 970?

I'm kinda hesitant to drop 60 on this cause the beta ran like dog doo doo on my i5 3750 (3.4 Ghz) with a gtx 970. Lobbies textures would take half minute to load, if they loaded at all. Game itself was all over the place fps wise and unplayable at times. Boot-up of the game would freeze for about 10 seconds just at the splash screens.

I don't know if a new processor and ram would be enough to run it. Yes, I'm aware the game specs say 970, but that doesn't mean an enjoyable experience.

Really hoping a new processor and faster ram will be enough since the beta maxed out all the cores at all times on my 3750. I am really trying to put off buying a new graphics card until the next gen.

I think it just comes down to the 970, so I don't have an answer for you. I tried it on an HTPC with a 3770K and a RTX 2060 @1080p and had no issues. 2060 is a lot better obviously, so that doesn't really tell you anything. Ryzen 3600 should be totally fine on the CPU side of things.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
Goddammit, Activisionnnn

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
Shroud got in on Mixer lol

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
It doesn't matter if you bought it digital or on disc, it still installs the game to your hard drive. (you just don't need to download all of it online) So you'll still need to clear up space regardless.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
Movement feels pretty nice, people who wanted boots on the ground will definitely like it since it's a good compromise. Maps seem pretty good, looks like the map can get pretty big for TDM and Domination. Lots of verticality as well. Too early to tell, though.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
Yeah, if anything that one map here is Siege of Shanghai V2

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Has anyone else had constant crashing on the PC? I get dumped to the desktop every 5 minutes, in both single player campaign and multiplayer.

Sounds like a bad overclock, but not bad enough to BSOD. Check Event Viewer for WHEA errors and adjust your overclock accordingly.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
Soundwhoring has been a regular loving term in COD since like, forever. Same poo poo as headglitch and flinch (more commonly called "aim punch" in other FPS)

The implementation in this game isn't even that great compared to how pinpoint accurate you could hear in previous games with perks like Dead Silence + Awareness, especially with Dolby Headphone.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005

GyverMac posted:

Uh, it makes you practically silent in regards to footsteps. I get the drop on people all the time when im using it.

It tones down the footsteps a bit, but definitely not practically silent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmqPaojsnv0&t=418s

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
It's just really good at all ranges, especially so with the hybrid scope

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I’ve had my character see enemies before i do a few times

A few times? How about all the time, friend.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
ahh, rip javelin glitch

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
not when on mouse input lol

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
It's a combination of:

Skill based match making meaning if you're competent, the other guys are also competent

People have been playing cod for a long rear end time and the only learning curve they need for this game is learn the maps and be more patient (and also just pick overkill+m4+725)

Low ttk

Bad netcode

People only obviously showing off sick replays or really dumb deaths

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
No 4 player squads, duos or solos? No wonder BRs are dead. (why did you have to ruin this Apex)

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
Yeah, really enjoying Warzone so far. It feels like the perfect mix pace-wise with all the current BR's.

Only gripes are:

No attachment customization - Doesn't really bother me as much as I thought it would. Plus I totally get the need to simplify this down for people used to Fortnite and for console players and menu'ing

Loadout drops being so cheap and can be bought for the whole team - Seems pretty OP since everyone will just have their favorite AR+Sniper combo all decked out the moment someone has $4500 instead of "earning" it by looting/killing/surviving till late game like PUBG. Will definitely cut down on weapon variety since everyone will just use the best meta weapons immediately.

No four player squads - Hoping they have legit plans to put this in. Pretty tired of playing musical chairs with my usual gaming crew.

Also, since most players aren't running Ghost, heartbeat sensors are hilariously OP right now.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
Honestly my only gripe with warzone is no loving quads and they need to fix the ping system. Its range is pretty limited horizontally and vertically. Inconsistent behaviour with the double tap and the icons for things like vehicles is also annoyingly huge.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005

AbortRetryFail posted:

Yeah I'm not gonna tell people not to play, but play at your own risk because there is no appeal process or way to even find out why you are banned, they just link you to the policy document and ask you to figure out why you are banned on your own. We turned chat off immediately after installing so it's definitely not for being rude in chat, and I know everyone would say this, but I can't imagine him ever using cheats. We don't care about being good at the game. We just want to relax and click on people (poorly).

Yeah, my friend just got the permanently banned message tonight when we tried to play with him. The dude doesn't even play much, doesn't even use in-game chat and has like 0.7 K/D in Warzone lol.

I'm going to assume it's some sort of false positive with their anti-cheat. The same exact poo poo happened with Destiny 2 on Battle.net near launch and the internet predictably accused everyone falsely banned as cheaters. Bungie eventually unbanned them. I don't know if Activision would care enough or bother this time around though since Warzone's free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
Legit non-cheating players and non-racists were being wrongfully permabanned. It's not like there's no precedent to this (Destiny 2, The Division, etc). Shame on you goons.

Glad Activision figured it out though, now please ban the real cheaters