Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Op, improve this op immediately. It’s poo poo, but a relevant topic. Add some actual info, opinions and stuff. One hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Who What Now posted:

What more even needs to be said?

In retrospect, you’re right.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Thesaurus posted:

Federal employees, of which I'm one, have to pay fed income, no dice :( either way you'd be paying taxes to the local gov, since they have their own income taxes

There is a fast-food chain that is everywhere called "the taco maker" but I haven't been yet. I looks equivalent to taco bell. Food isn't spicy here anyways, just fried meats and fried starches for the most part

I was cruising around the city earlier and it was pretty chill. Blue skies and zero traffic or tourists in the old Spanish fort

Pfft and you’re gonna want billions more to recover from that!?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Can’t even count the dead in a timely fashion. Corruption!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

kolby posted:

I was going to just update the OP with info from the thread. Lemme see what I can wrangle up for you in the meantime.

Edit-- If you want to just gas this and make another one, I don't care. I love Hurricane megathreads(shout out to Jeff) and noticed no one had made a thread about it. I've never read the OP of a Hurricane megathread because cameras are constantly going down and the best info is learned is by pressing F5. You can also just edit my OP if you have that capability. I didn't ask for this job!

Lol you want me to make an op for a thread you opened with a politix twitter. Just lmao

Be ashamed forever idc!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

VikingSkull posted:

remember goons if you get trapped in the storm hide in a self serve car wash

Keep your sliding glass doors shut if ur in a hotel room too.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Charles posted:

Let's update the thread title to Florida

Op suggestions?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

big nipples big life posted:

it looks like this thing just might swing around PR and head straight for mar a lago.

Imagine a G7 meeting during a cat 5. Lol

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Shinjobi posted:

Just take a vacation somewhere cheap to fly to.

Ever wanna see Iowa? Spirit airlines, baby!

I’m goin to Vegas tomorrow! Probe from a black jack table.

E for real hunker down goons we don’t need any bad poo poo to happen to y’all

Burt Sexual fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Aug 30, 2019

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

feelix posted:

Buying water is the dumbest loving poo poo. Anywhere that you are allowed to stay and isn't under mandatory evacuation is going to have running water. People are retarded.

Ever lost power?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kaddish posted:

I can’t tell if you’re dumb as poo poo, trolling, or both. Many cities experience water disruption after a hurricane. It happens literally every year.

Lol I don’t have to care either way!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Municipal or private? Where’d water come from?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Professor Skittles posted:

No storm chasers this time around?? Last time was a blast. It may have not hit yet. But it was just upgraded to an f-5!!! Theres plenty of foootage to be had

Way to early.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ruggan posted:

Yeah, watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyljKCkqZes

They're in the eye at like 3:30. You think poo poo gets crazy in the first half, wait until the second half.

Surprised they maintained power throughout that poo poo

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Coredump posted:

See this is funny because our president, Dolan Turmp, misspoke and said the hurricane might hit Alabama. And then when everyone was like “No Mr. President pretty sure you’re wrong.” He got an old NOAA forecast map and used sharpie to draw the hurricane heading towards Alabama, which is a wild and zany thing for a president to do!

Misspoke lmao.

So there is 20 reported casualties but they are expecting more. But I think of the long term casualties as well. Like disease and exposure will be loving terrible. We need to send a hospital navy ship. ASAP.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

soy posted:

Weird hot take/conspiracy theory: what if they are trying to downplay death toll so as not to negatively affect their tourism industry?

The current numbers just seem unbelievably low.

Underwater or washed into the sea....

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Excellent title Jose

hosed that if you get a hurricane you can have a bonus tornado imo.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I’m tired of the 5 pages of oranges stuff. Find new material to make fun of destitute people.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Beet Wagon posted:

Good luck Carolina goons. Thank you for taking the blow that was meant for Florida

Alabama

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Please tell me Washington DC is going to be hit. I have to go there next week I don’t want too!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Charles posted:

Fox News, I know, but the correspondent is a good one and on the ground on Abaco, it's pretty terrible :(

I think there is body’s in that video that are dead

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

poverty goat posted:

At least it's a really nice place to live the most of the time. People living in the midwest tornado zone really have no excuse.

They should move, amirite?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

I honestly wish I was so committed to a cause as he.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

blight rhino posted:

Wouldn't you like..lower the crane as much as possible before the storm? Or am I an idiot?

Also, anyone know how Charleston, SC fared? I kinda have assets there and haven't heard anything.

Are you joking? Have you seen a building crane before? They don’t work like that.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Picnic Princess posted:

Ah, you're one of those "LOL You don't have depression, others have it way worse than you, have you tried just being happy" types.

Stfu

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Coredump posted:

Abaco is experiencing disease outbreaks, people having to fight life and death to get access to clean food and water, and now outsiders looting what's left but drat I hope Nova Scotia is ok.:rolleyes: loving goons.

Has there been any word on a military response from the US to aid in the situation?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

It’s been mentioned in this very thread that you don’t read.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
The Dorian story isn’t even on any tile of the entire cnn news app.....

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

TontoCorazon posted:

You know they don't like brown people being the on the news unless it's to label them criminals

No?.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

bird with big dick posted:

What’s trump doing besides refusing to grant TPS and making GBS threads his pants on Twitter about the NOAA forecast

Separating evacuees from their children? Pay attention.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I said this before, but get this thing moving down there. Wtf

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercy-class_hospital_ship#Missions

Stationed out of Norfolk, Va., Comfort operates primarily in the Caribbean and Latin America. Her first mission was a combat one: serving coalition troops off the coast of Kuwait during Operation Desert Storm. Her first humanitarian missions both happened in 1994, helping Haitian and Cuban immigrants looking to come to America. In the aftermath of 9/11, Comfort was activated and sent to Manhattan to provide medical and mental services. Comfort headed into combat again for Operation Iraqi Freedom. In 2005 she was back saving American citizens following the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. In 2010 she undertook another disaster relief mission, in response to the Haiti earthquake.[4] In May 2015, Comfort was in Kingston, Jamaica providing medical services including optometry, dentistry, general medical, women’s health, pediatrics, and pharmacy. The Jamaica leg was part of ‘Continuing Promise’, a nearly six-month humanitarian mission across the Caribbean region.[5] Once again in 2017, Comfort was deployed to aid American citizens in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria.[6]

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

VikingSkull posted:

Comfort is currently off the coast of South America providing aid to Venezuelan refugees

gently caress. Maybe we give up one F35 and build 5 more of these for the wave of hurricanes coming in the next decade.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Charles posted:

Amazon is flying 2 cargo planes full of supplies in on Friday.

Lol nice. I’m sure I’ll read a tweet

I was thinking, why aren’t the cruise lines like big ones stepping up? Bahamas are a cash cow.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Uh thanks...for that?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hazo posted:

What press release was this? I don’t actively follow trumps bullshit because my blood pressure is already high enough but I feel like I would have seen something if he bullied a NOAA scientist into covering for him.

The lols are coming from inside the thread.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hazo posted:

loving lmao, I can’t believe nobody posted about that in this or the Weatherpocalypse thread

Follow the trump lol thread. It’s good. In cspam

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Charles posted:

Serious post: in the near future, why don't we build water pipelines instead of oil pipelines? Seems like with climate change, some places will get way more water than they want, while others will struggle with drought. Is this even possible? Has anybody thought about this?

Did you look?

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...i30.05kC2hP6nbQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Just heard PR had a 6.0 earthquake wtf man