Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I like some Boars Head rosemary ham on a Martin's potato roll with mayo and leaf lettuce. Maybe swiss cheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Honestly, I've found that standard ingredients make the best BLT. The fancier you try to get with it, the worse it becomes.
Oscar Meyer Bacon
Hellman's Mayo
The whitest of white bread
Lettuce
Tomato
Profit

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
-Just a piece of cheese between two slices of bread, maybe a little mayo or mustard if your bread is too dry.

-Just some peanut butter between two slices of bread.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

leftovers. Bolognese, chili, whatever's cold and uneaten from yesterday.

Sugarpuffs

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Dave's Famous bread is available at Walmart. It's my go to brand.

Grilled ham and cheese:
Butter
1 Ham slice
2 American cheese slices
2 bread slices
A medium hot pan

Butter both sides of two slices of bread
Cook ham first, get it nice and hot
Layer on pan bread - cheese - ham - cheese - bread
Flip when appropriate, I like a little more char

SLICE DIAGONALY

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

dudeness posted:

-Just some peanut butter between two slices of bread.

Drizzle some honey over the peanut butter if you need that extra oomph.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Grilled PB&J

I also like olive loaf with american cheese in lovely white bread.

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Admiral Parry "Terror" Sornis,
Dead Birds Society

Kroger brand hard salami x3 slices,
American cheese x1 slice,
Yellow mustard,
White or wheat bread.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Two pieces of bread, doesn't matter what kind, toasted to your preferred level of toastification.
Ham, could be cheapass Buddig, could be a leftover slab of something you smoked up while smoking up, turkey ham is all so acceptable
Cheese, boiled egg, and pickle, all sliced. Adjust type and quantity to preference.
Honey mustard

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
Trader Joe's ciabatta, the whole loaf cut in half, then cut the largest plane through the middle of one half, but don't cut the crust, so it's like a giant fat pita.

Put some slices of cheese in there, and some kind of meats spiced up with a bit of chili powder, turmeric, garlic and coriander, and browned in a pan. (I use fake meats and fake cheeses, so I don't know what sort of meats are right, but I guess the sort of thing you'd use for a gyro.)

Once all the things are in there, butter the outside and cook it on both sides in a cast iron pan with a lid over it, so it gets hot enough to melt the cheese in there.

Some people also like a thin spread of mayo on the inside before you put all the stuff in, but I don't find it worth the effort.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Is there room for some tuna?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Croatoan posted:

Grilled PB&J
Try this with frozen waffles. It's more dessert than sandwich but it's delicious.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

focaccia (normal stores have that usually, right?)
boars head garlic roast beef
mayo
sharp cheddar, sliced up
zucchini

cut a sandwich sized piece of focaccia, then cut it in half (into a top half and bottom half)
slice the zucchini into 1/4 inch pieces, toss with some oil and grill
mayo bottom half of the bread, add grilled zucchini, then cheese, then beef and then the top half.
let it sit so the hot zucchini melts the cheese a little.
eat it. best sandwich.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

killer crane posted:

focaccia (normal stores have that usually, right?)
boars head garlic roast beef
mayo
sharp cheddar, sliced up
zucchini

cut a sandwich sized piece of focaccia, then cut it in half (into a top half and bottom half)
slice the zucchini into 1/4 inch pieces, toss with some oil and grill
mayo bottom half of the bread, add grilled zucchini, then cheese, then beef and then the top half.
let it sit so the hot zucchini melts the cheese a little.
eat it. best sandwich.
Oh yeah, focaccia was what I meant, not ciabatta. So this is pretty similar to mine it turns out. Try not breaking the crust on your sandwich made of end-piece though, so nothing can fall out!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Is there room for some tuna?

FIGURATIVELY A BIRD (OF THE SEA)

Sure

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012
Bread
Pepperoni
Salami
Mozzarella
Onion
Salad greens
Tomato
Oil
Vinegar (balsamic is best but whatever you have around is fine)
Salt
Pepper

Slice a little onion real thin and set it up in a vinegar/oil/salt/pepper bath while you get the rest set up

Layer:
Bread
Meats
Cheese
Tomato
Onions
Greens
Bread

Use however much or however little you want of your oil mixture on the inside of the top slice of bread. İt's a lazy Italian sandwich pretty much, but the greens help it feel like a regular meal.

Bomrek has a new favorite as of 04:58 on Aug 31, 2019

Truck Stop Stall
Jul 11, 2006

Norwegians call generic sandwich things "palegg". Ham, cheese, lettuce: all palegg.

I have the palette of a baby so I like to mash together:
- hard boiled eggs
- avocado
- canned salmon and
- various spices/sauces

Then add some crunch with lettuce, toasted bread and so on

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toast_sandwich

Smackdillion
Feb 18, 2001

Someone paid :10bux: to give you this shitty icon and give Lowtax his cyborg spine parts
If it weren't for the homemade egg mcmuffin i'd have starved to death in college. Even to this day it's what I make when the wife is traveling for work and I'm left to fend for myself.

English Muffins - super cheap and keep for a long time. freeze them and they will be around for your grandchildren.
eggs - cheap. protein and whatnot
american cheese - gently caress you if you don't like the greatest cheese product this world has ever known
whatever lunchmeat you have laying around
pepper

gently caress yeah

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

jam, op

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Fluffernutter

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

This reminds me of Down and Out in Paris and London where all the poor people British people are living off of meals of tea and two slices of toast with margarine. This is the fanciest meal someone could imagine after eating that diet for so long your soul dies.

Truck Stop Stall
Jul 11, 2006

Would it work with 2 toasted on the outside and one untoasted in the middle? I'm a cook, not a chef, you know what I mean? Need guidance

cnut
May 3, 2016

CannonFodder posted:

Dave's Famous bread is available at Walmart. It's my go to brand.

Grilled ham and cheese:
Butter
1 Ham slice
2 American cheese slices
2 bread slices
A medium hot pan

Butter both sides of two slices of bread
Cook ham first, get it nice and hot
Layer on pan bread - cheese - ham - cheese - bread
Flip when appropriate, I like a little more char

Sounds interesting :thunk:

CannonFodder posted:

SLICE DIAGONALY

Now you've gone too far!!! :argh:

cnut has a new favorite as of 06:30 on Sep 1, 2019

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

you get yourself some baba ghanouj
some cream cheese
some cherry tomatoes
little bit of salt
put that on anything and everything

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Wholemeal bread.
Butter.
Peanut butter (100% peanuts - no added sugar or salt).
Sliced apple.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Peanut butter and onion sandwiches are my go-to for a quick snack :yum:

e: some dill pickle slices in there too if I’m in the mood

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

going to have to say jam again, op

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

I love tuna but hate mayonnaise, so I've always avoided tuna fish sandwiches. Instead, I'll substitute a little coconut and/or pineapple Greek yogurt to bind the tuna together.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Okay so this is getting a little bit GWS especially since I remember making this around the time chickencheese was a thing but you can pick all of this stuff up at a supermarket and it was mostly a way to get rid of leftovers.

So I took a bunch of firm vegetables - carrots, capsicum/bell pepper, spring onion, etc. Caramelised them with a bit of brown sugar and vinegar (apple cider but use whatever) and let that simmer and reduce down so I got a sticky, sweet sauce. I scooped out the bottom of a few long rolls that were going stale, spooned in that mixture, put some leftover chicken on top of that, sprinkled some cheese, and put that in the oven til it turned golden brown and crunchy.

It worked pretty awesomely and was a great use of a bunch of leftovers in a different way.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Tortilla, scrambled eggs, bell pepper and seeded tomato, your favorite herbs. The one and only breakfast sandwich.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Slicing diagonally is the only way to go.

Truck Stop Stall
Jul 11, 2006

BigHead posted:

Tortilla, scrambled eggs, bell pepper and seeded tomato, your favorite herbs. The one and only breakfast sandwich.

This sounds good and also super easy

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

multigrain rye (preferably with seeds and stuff)
hummus
heirloom tomatoes
spinach
roasted red peppers
salt/pepper
cotija cheese
artichokes

messy n' good

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

big fan of that jam

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Slicing diagonally is the only way to go.

diagonal cut if the insides aren't likely to fall out. if youve got something like a tuna or egg salad you should rectangle cut.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Bread omelette sandwich. Make an omelette (cheese, onion, peppers, ideally Indian spices for authenticity and general tastiness), slap it between two slices of bread, toast it up like a grilled cheese, throw some hot sauce on it. Ultimate breakfast food.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
A hotdog

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Turkey/provolone/greens/avocado/cucumber on good bread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Smoked turkey, mayo, sweet onion msutard, havarti cheese, and spinach on herbed focaccia. Made it to eat on top of a mountain and it was the absolute best.