Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Nierbo posted:

If it's not Tony vs khabib, I'm going to lose my poo poo.

Thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Tony is fighting Gajethe and they booked McGregor in Moscow for Kabob

jk

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Mods?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Waroduce posted:

jk

Boo this man!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Waroduce posted:

jk

You're a sick puppy you know that right?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Waroduce posted:

Tony is fighting Gajethe

No matter how much loving fun this would be, it would still be a sickly-sweet dose of methadone compared to the pure unadulterated high of Khabib vs. Tony that I need.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Waroduce posted:

jk

Boo!

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Can’t wait for Tony/Khalabib to fall through for the fifth time.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Gaethje vs. Khabib in April 2020. Save this post.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Untrustable posted:

Gaethje vs. Khabib in April 2020. Save this post.

Why should I trust you?

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Answering a post in the GDT.

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Dagnabbit, how did Gunnar gently caress up this time?

Gunni never seemed to commit to a takedown, I understand that the fight between two high level grappledudes is inevitably going to have a lot of back and forth from the feet but it really looked like nelson never got out of first gear, whereas Burns seemed to have a pretty together gameplan and a willingness to explode if he saw an opening. Nelson seemed to be fighting a fiver rounder for whatever reason.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Southpaugh posted:

Answering a post in the GDT.

Gunni never seemed to commit to a takedown, I understand that the fight between two high level grappledudes is inevitably going to have a lot of back and forth from the feet but it really looked like nelson never got out of first gear, whereas Burns seemed to have a pretty together gameplan and a willingness to explode if he saw an opening. Nelson seemed to be fighting a fiver rounder for whatever reason.

also, Burns made Gunny take the lead alot, and his hands down style is really risky for an offensive striker.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

I feel like I've seen Gilbert Burns on almost as many nights as Bruce Buffer this year, fighting or cornering or just hanging out.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Rumble no showed his court date for domestic battery.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/9/...-mma-crime-news

JaySB fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Oct 1, 2019

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Jon Jones apparently didn't pay his striking coach so he just went off on him and Jackson-Wink...Although saying he's gonna fight Jon probably isn't the best
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3DVc4TJM3a/?igshid=1ezqafcdtbe8u

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Mike Winkelloser

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Loudly telling everyone that I was Jon Jones striking coach for his fight with Thiago Santos.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I mean it’s Jon Jones so simple theft from a pregnant woman is progress.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Dan Didio posted:

Loudly telling everyone that I was Jon Jones striking coach for his fight with Thiago Santos.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

JaySB posted:

Rumble no showed his court date for domestic battery.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/9/...-mma-crime-news

Yeah I saw this story and this part confused me:

quote:

Johnson had accepted a plea deal over that charge and had completed a court-mandated anger management program days before the warrant was issued.

Is this like a final test if the anger management program worked?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Looking at that document, here's what went down. Rumble was charged with misdemeanor domestic battery and entered into a deferred prosecution agreement with the state attorney. A condition of the program was anger management, which he completed. The warrant was issued because he missed his scheduled appointment with the people monitoring his DPA term. Most likely his lawyer will get the warrant dropped once they present a good case as to why he missed the appointment.

This is similar to a violation of probation for missing an appointment with the probation officer. Typically pretty easy to resolve. I don't think Rumble spends any time in jail over this.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Brut posted:

Is this like a final test if the anger management program worked?

Uh, it says "Romble Juhnsun". You got the 'O' and the 'U' mixed up. This might make it difficult to get my restraining order lifted.

Instructor : I'll bet that really steams your beans doesn't it, Romble?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Untrustable posted:

Uh, it says "Romble Juhnsun". You got the 'O' and the 'U' mixed up. This might make it difficult to get my restraining order lifted.

Instructor : I'll bet that really steams your beans doesn't it, Romble?

Heh heh, you're just a big chowder head *punches instructors head off*

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Rumble Rage.

I mean he got massive in a short period of time, no wonder hes ragin'

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

quote:

Tyron Woodley posted:

“When you watch the Kamaru Usman fight, I don’t have to watch it. It was a silhouette of Tyron in the Octagon or something happened when I jumped up and stomped down, I think my spirit left my body,” Woodley said during a Q&A with fans in Vancouver (transcript via MMA Fighting). “I can give him credit for what he did. He stayed focused, he executed but we all know that wasn’t Tyron Woodley.

Sorry guys spirit slammed too hard, fight didn't count

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Kamaru “the exorcist” Usman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
New thread is up - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3900105