Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Was Ramzan Kadyrov ringside? Kind of looked like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

omg chael crash posted:

Was Ramzan Kadyrov ringside? Kind of looked like it

need to chase that valuable war criminal market.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Yeah, he showed up like halfway through the card, apparently.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

There was a dude I kept thinking was George Clinton but it is not and now you tell me there WAS a war crimester? terrible

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

That was 2 Chainz

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Yeah I had the same thought (a mucher younger, fitter George Clinton )

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think if Conor changes literally everything about his skillset and ability to fight and gains the ability to suddenly become a heavyweight overnight, he could beat Khabib

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/Justin_Gaethje/status/1170570497400037378

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Gaethje owns.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I liked when Conor was a fighter better than when he became a mythical coke addict Irishman who trains once in a while and occasionally parachutes into areas with a money trail like a jet stream behind him.

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.
On the ufc 242 card it said something like: Khabib's on a 10 fight win streak (actually 11). Did anyone else catch that? What does it mean?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Flaskraven posted:

On the ufc 242 card it said something like: Khabib's on a 10 fight win streak (actually 11). Did anyone else catch that? What does it mean?

It might have been because he missed weight once, so he's on an 11 fight streak (now 12) but only 10 (now 11) of those was actually at lightweight

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Poor dustin, jesus.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

CommonShore posted:

It might have been because he missed weight once, so he's on an 11 fight streak (now 12) but only 10 (now 11) of those was actually at lightweight

Apparently his fight against Horcher was at a 160lb catchweight but I don't know why

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Brut posted:

Apparently his fight against Horcher was at a 160lb catchweight but I don't know why

Horcher took the fight on like two days' notice or something stupid and wasn't going to be able to cut the weight in time, if memory serves.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Brut posted:

Maybe Horcher couldn’t make the weight on short notice. That’s probably one of the many times he was scheduled to fight Tony and one of them pulled out.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Khabib broke Dustin so hard he’s considering retirement

God daaaaaammmmmnnnnn

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
It's not surprising, going on a run to the top only to get that thoroughly smashed has gotta be absolutely devastating :smith:

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
What does he have to look forward to? Sitting in the top 5 and maybe getting another chance in a few years or if someone manages to beat khabib? He’s in a weird spot career wise and I don’t think retirement is right for him at all but I can see why he’d consider it.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Is that Platinum Patrimony Mike Perry?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

The Automator posted:

What does he have to look forward to? Sitting in the top 5 and maybe getting another chance in a few years or if someone manages to beat khabib? He’s in a weird spot career wise and I don’t think retirement is right for him at all but I can see why he’d consider it.

pretty sure he can keep getting paid to fight guys that aren't Khabib, what the hell else is he gonna do?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Over the years Poirier's repeatedly talked about the whole "being champ is my destiny" mindset and this is the fourth time in his career he's spent years building his way towards contendership only to get bounced from the top and have to start all over again, I can understand starting to wonder if it's worth trying again.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Wise Learned Man posted:

Is that Platinum Patrimony Mike Perry?

Who else could possibly get married in a sleeveless tuxedo coat, black cummerbund and boat shoes?

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Guys can we talk about how the UFC again failed at stopping Khabib from jumping the fence.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Destro posted:

Guys can we talk about how the UFC again failed at stopping Khabib from jumping the fence.

Somehow Khabib couldn't be outgrappled by the red jacket guys

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

pretty sure he can keep getting paid to fight guys that aren't Khabib, what the hell else is he gonna do?

I get it staying in for the paydays, but also getting punched in the head sucks, so maybe finding literally anything else to do.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

mewse posted:

Somehow Khabib couldn't be outgrappled by the red jacket guys

Need to put some pointy spikes at the top

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
If the Gracies got their way and an alligator-filled moat surrounded the cage, nobody would jump the fence

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Apparently Khabib had some uncles who were sitting behind Dana and he went to hug them but Dana got in the way, Khabib said something like just kidding after telling that story but he is hugging some older looking people I don't recognize on the cage jump footage. :shrug:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

During Poirier's 2019 LW championship concession speech he apologized to anyone offended for saying he was in "enemy territory" before the event, especially since they were one of the nicest venues he's ever attended.

I think this may be the single only genuinely sincere professional sports apology I've ever heard in my entire life???

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

Can we talk about how Khabib threw a flying knee randomly at the start of round 2 lol. When you try each button to see what it does.

Also Poirier saying "I can't get that fucker off me man" after round 2.

awesomeolion fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Sep 9, 2019

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
worked for masvidal

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
I feel like Khabib is basically a grapple-lich that collects souls for a living. With the exception of RDA who decided to fall off a little later, pretty much everyone Khabib faces is considered a, or THE top prospect at the time, and then ends up on a skid after the fact.

loving frightening.

Still think Ferguson and Gaethje are the most interesting matchups for him moving forward. I don't see how anyone else in that division has even the slightest chance against him.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Despite the weight difference I still want to see Ortega vs Khabib. Ortega has a great ground game from his back but can't shoot takedowns to save his life and Khabib will 100% take him down unlike most of Ortega's opponents. I'd still say the odds favor Khabib, but probably to a lesser degree than most.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

It has to be tony next? Unless they make gaethje and ferguson fight for the honour? I think Tony would ruin gaethje, not necessarily win, but ruin him. The way Robbie killed Rory.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Justin has to kill Cowboy first, but Tony needs to get the next title shot

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

tferg will get ground into paste but he absolutely should be the next to get that honor

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shadow225 posted:

tferg will get ground into paste but he absolutely should be the next to get that honor

Yeah I think the belief that he might do better than everyone else is ignoring the reality that he’s going to get backed into the cage and wrestlefucked to death like everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah I really don’t see Tony doing any wild bullet time poo poo that doesn’t end with Khabib smothering him.