Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Can't count Ferguson out completely so long as certain conditions are present: doesn't fight at night if any loose cords are present, doesn't fight at day so he doesn't disintigrate, doesn't have to fight overseas or at least has time to orchestrate a charter ship with room in the hold for several boxes of indiginous earth and a number of key real estate transactions

e: now that I think about it, historically he is undefeated against eastern european muslims

Bluedeanie fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Sep 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

awesomeolion posted:

Can we talk about how Khabib threw a flying knee randomly at the start of round 2 lol. When you try each button to see what it does.

Also Poirier saying "I can't get that fucker off me man" after round 2.

When he knocked Conor down he also ran across the octagon and threw a flying knee, except it didn't go flying very far since Conor's head was at about waist level.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

weve been promised ugly tony v khabib so many times, but hot drat so i want to see it

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Eat This Glob posted:

weve been promised ugly tony v khabib so many times, but hot drat so i want to see it

Raise your hand if you had tickets to Tony vs Khabib at some point.

I did once. I got to see Tony vs Lando.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

CommonShore posted:

Raise your hand if you had tickets to Tony vs Khabib at some point.

I did once. I got to see Tony vs Lando.

T W I C E

i have seen khabib vs da horch and also seen woodley vs wonderboy 2 in the main event (granted i also saw woodley vs wonderboy 1)

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

LobsterMobster posted:

and also seen woodley vs wonderboy 2 in the main event (granted i also saw woodley vs wonderboy 1)

Masochist!

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

LobsterMobster posted:

T W I C E

i have seen khabib vs da horch and also seen woodley vs wonderboy 2 in the main event (granted i also saw woodley vs wonderboy 1)

Truly the Job of MMA

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Bluedeanie posted:

Truly the Job of MMA

Yeah, that is some biblical punishment poo poo :stare:

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
i think tony will beat khabib

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

I would LIKE Tony to beat Khabib. I would really LIKE it if that happened.

:sigh:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
No need for predictions. Just let the fight happen and gimme a couple rounds.

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

I am actually hyped to see Tony rolling around with Khabib, win or lose. No interest in a KO, I just want flips

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

I would LIKE Tony to beat Khabib. I would really LIKE it if that happened.

:sigh:

an underrated part of khabib's game is allowing himself to push the pace and recover and work at his rate. i think tony will force him to never stop working and will end up with a better gas tank and be able to survive. if tony can not get finished in the first 2/3 rounds then i think it'll be interesting to see if khabib can not get finished in 4/5

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

champ poo poo only

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
If they ever loving fight, I have no idea who wins. Probably Khabib regardless of how much I want my crazy boy Tony to win it.

And as far as "if they ever loving fight" is concerned, Dana said "yeah Tony's got next if he accepts the fight" so I can absolutely see them pulling some bullshit here.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

if i recall, tony doesn't often do the smart-money "move to the fence and wall walk back to my feet", which is where so many of these guys get smashed and smothered by khabib. i for one really like tony's chances.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Khabib will take Tony down and blanket all the crazy out of him

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I think I'd really like Gaethje to fight Khabib. Got the feeling Gaethje could get some good shots in and make it interesting. Hopefully they'll work on him vs Khabib after Tony. I also say this because Gaethje is gonna gently caress Cowboy up bad.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Zzulu posted:

Turns out all Tony needed was a Temple Grandin-style hug box

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

kimbo305 posted:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Zzulu posted:

Khabib climbs over the cage again, but this time to ask Dana for a few more rounds because all that crazy don't seem to be running out just yet.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
There's a certain fisherman who can reel in Khabib.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Tezcatlipoca posted:

There's a certain fisherman who can reel in Khabib.

I just hope someone remembers to take the tag off his shorts this time.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Jerusalem posted:

Khabib climbs over the cage again, but this time to ask Dana for a few more rounds because all that crazy don't seem to be running out just yet.

Khabib realised Tony is about to tap, releases him to continue playing with his food.

If only he'd done that with conor

mewse
May 2, 2006

It was interesting when Nate submitted Conor, there were other fighters saying they would have skipped the submission and continued beating the poo poo out of him

eshock
Sep 2, 2004

mewse posted:

It was interesting when Nate submitted Conor, there were other fighters saying they would have skipped the submission and continued beating the poo poo out of him

Khabib talked about how getting Conor to tap was really important to him. He specifically used a neck crank instead of an RNC because he didn't want to give Conor the option of passing out.

mewse
May 2, 2006

eshock posted:

Khabib talked about how getting Conor to tap was really important to him. He specifically used a neck crank instead of an RNC because he didn't want to give Conor the option of passing out.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

mewse posted:

Be dumb not to take the easy win and risk a judges decision

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I feel pretty confident that Conor would have tapped to a noogie at that point

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Destro posted:

Be dumb not to take the easy win and risk a judges decision

There is a level of dominance where, past that you don't even need to be afraid of Adelaide Byrd anymore.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

I feel pretty confident that Conor would have tapped to a noogie at that point

I want to see that, book the rematch.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Wonderboy v Luque announced for 244 @ MSG. It's going to be a loving night! Black Beast and the Baddest Motherfucker (ugh) Belt.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

kimbo305 posted:

Just bleed

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Jan vs Jacare:
https://twitter.com/bokamotoespn/status/1171561010039181312?s=21

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Hmmm well Reyes is fighting Weidman, Anderson is fighting Walker...what the gently caress could Jones be doing if he wants to fight again this year? Unless Rumble or Gus come back I guess, who am I missing?

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Brut posted:

Hmmm well Reyes is fighting Weidman, Anderson is fighting Walker...what the gently caress could Jones be doing if he wants to fight again this year? Unless Rumble or Gus come back I guess, who am I missing?

Stipe

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Ah, gently caress. Yeah ok sure.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
https://mobile.twitter.com/DustinPoirier/status/1171485566006751232

Huh that’s actually a pretty solid idea...

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/1171566215841701888

Well that’s not a good take

https://mobile.twitter.com/Benaskren/status/1171574390674395136

But that is

https://mobile.twitter.com/Benaskren/status/1171575742922219522

That, too

https://mobile.twitter.com/Benaskren/status/1171578060929490944

So, in conclusion Poirier seems cool, Conor is a coked out maniac, and Askren seems cool and good?

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Dustin has always been cool, Conor has always been a turn and Ben has always been a kinda funny troll.

I don't think Conor ever fights again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Askren's 100% right about Conor.

Even Conor at the height of his abilities gets smoked by Khabib, nothing would change that. But Conor at his height (UFC 205) vs Dustin at his height (now) would probably be a loving fun fight.

As it stands now, Conor "gently caress training I'm rich biyatch" McGregor gets beat the gently caress up by the Diamond.