Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Cool dads would just start driving and let the kid ride on top

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

BrianBoitano posted:

Sound (though there's some unrelated conversation going on as well)

https://i.imgur.com/RWr2Kmd.mp4

The conversation seems relevant, he's talking about why you don't need kids while two guys nail each other in the balls with beanbags.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

droppin a dick pic in this thread look out

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Stare-Out posted:

That's just it, there's a whole narrative that precedes Curb's ending and it never ended abruptly following a consequence. There might be some video out there that does represent that aspect of Curb but then it caught on and people just stuck it at the end of videos like that. It doesn't fit and kind of diminishes the whole aspect of the show where there is a buildup that is absolutely crucial to the consequence that Larry faces. That's why I don't get it at all.

Yeah, it works best with videos like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyB64gnC4Qs

Because while nothing bad is actively happening to the person, it's still a result of the consequence of prior events you need to understand to get why it's funny.

/joke explainer

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Where are this year's turkey mishap videos? I'm sure more than a few happened and were caught on camera.

This years Thanksgiving schad is entire families contracting COVID. Give it a few weeks.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Cartoon Man posted:

Please tell me the court stenographer had to write down the fart as part of the official record.

He's already writing "fart noises" for whatever comes out of Guili's mouth.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Good job springing for the Kojima brand wipes.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

captainOrbital posted:

well i was driving home from work tonight and it was dark and rainy and a dude on a gray bike wearing grey clothing biked through this intersection at which i had stopped. it's a good thing he had his flashy blinker on bc he was practically invisible

Yeah it's either that or be invisible. Basically don't ride at night.

Hedenius posted:

Americans! Tell me if this theory is correct: the lack of bike infrastructure in the US means that cyclists are mostly spandex clad dipshits on $4000 bikes or (in big cities) bike messengers.

It seems to be mostly average people biking, but even in my "bike-centric" american town, it's probably still like 5-10% of the population riding regularly. Also, it's the primary way for homeless people to travel since they can get those baby carriers for their stuff.

Also, if you try to bike anywhere that doesn't have at least a semblance of bike acceptance, you're likely to have things thrown at you or try to get run off the road.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

lol, should have just straight up ignored the cocky rear end in a top hat and moved past him to give to the other guy

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

forgot the person who accidentally jumps in front of the bike and causes them to veer off the road.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

I like that the dude in the wheelchair has cyber arms, but fixing his legs wasn't on the table

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Ralph Hurley posted:

I wonder what the effect of everyone whipping out a phone to film incidents like this has had on fights actually happening as opposed to people being hassled in public by some belligerent rear end in a top hat just walking away. Like, you’re minding your own business in a liquor store and some punk is yelling slurs in your face, but there’s also a lady standing there with an iPhone and making commentary, now you have to consider your reaction to this bullshit as a performance for an audience of strangers, and whether it’s worth it to give an rear end in a top hat the pounding he deserves or to just shrug and leave the store and risk looking like you backed down.

There's likely as many videos of people whipping out phones thinking a fight is going to start but fizzles out that don't get posted. So, if you see only videos where a fight occurs its hard to prove something like that.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

A broken truck hosed his wife

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

no option to arrest the cops who let them in tho

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Wonder what he's going to eat in prison.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah, a Youtuber I follow recently signed up for the DVD plan from Netflix because he discovered that there's a lot of stuff on there that just isn't really available anywhere else. Like the OJ Simpson "prank" show.

My favorite schad relating to Netflix (from Wikipedia):

"In 2000, when Netflix had just about 300,000 subscribers and relied on the US Postal Service for the delivery of their DVDs, their losses would total $57 million and offered to be acquired by Blockbuster for $50 million. They proposed that Netflix, which would be renamed as Blockbuster.com, would handle the online business, while Blockbuster would take care of the DVDs, making them less dependent on the US Postal Service. The offer was declined."

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Platystemon posted:

rope the palm down so it can’t go anywhere when the load is released

:wiggle:

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

I don't get the big deal about tubeless. I rode on just the metal rims and it loving sucked

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

blight rhino posted:

This is less "What did he think was going to happen?" than "What was he trying to do?" Jump in the paint tray?

I assume he trapped himself inside a building with wet paint on the floor, so he's trying to jump over it.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Azhais posted:

Vast swathes of the EU, all of the old soviet bloc, pretty much everywhere in the mideast all have compulsory ID laws.

None of those sound like first-world countries, imo

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

BiggerBoat posted:

OK. I guess some person on the internet just put a bunch industrial strength glue in their hair for some reason and keeps posting about it even though it's incredibly embarrassing and gluing poo poo all over your head and face is just what people do. And no one ever goes "holy poo poo look what happened" and posts anything on YT and Twitter for attention and viral fame or anything. No sir.

Why don't some of you go check my post history before you call me a racist and a misogynist for viewing this latest viral craze with just the slightest air of suspicion? If I just called her a stupid moron who put loving permanent glue in her hair and laughed at her, then what would I be? Maybe she's just an idiot that doesn't know not to wash and style her hair with gorilla glue, which is entirely possible, but is pointing out that stupidity and making fun of her for it racist or making fun of women?

Jesus Christ.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to work up my YT video where I brush my teeth with bleach to whiten them and super glue this toupee to my bald head before anchoring it on with a staple gun.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

therattle posted:

If he was deported that means he wasn’t a citizen. But he voted. There’s your voter fraud right there!

Yeah, but he earned that vote by stepping on the backs of his peers.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Traxis posted:

Earthquake or haunted bathtub?

Thats a 500 ft tall cruise ship

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

PinheadSlim posted:

The kind of guy who was really into Star Wars and liked the Facebook page "I loving love science" and as far as I could see his whole family was like that.

These things are generally a strong indicator that someone isn't particularly scientifically literate. What I've found is these sorts of people tend to repeat half-true things just to sound smart without fundamentally understanding what they're talking about, just some factoid they heard about or pieced together from fragments. One person I met was quick to point out that drinking too much Mate is poisonous because it's in the holly family (holly berries are poisonous). Yes, the second thing is true but there's no evidence that leads to the first thing, as "logical" as that sounds.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

I appreciate the pedantry, thanks guys

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

I seem to recall that the tower thing falling at :47 was a genuine accident and the voltage (amps?) were high enough they could have stopped his heart.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Saying "bud" triggers memories for me of the heartbreaking ending to Citizen Kane

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Beartaco posted:

I had a teenager call me champ when I was buying groceries the other day.

nice dick, champ

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

cohsae posted:

Heated glucose moment

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

20 Blunts posted:

piss it out?

i pissed out a pokemon deck when i was 10

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The N-Word toggle should be set to whichever option disallows all usage of it and its variants, and also greyed out so you can't change it. Just to piss off the people who so desperately want to use it.

what if you're black tho, should they have to do a digital paper bag test or something to allow them to switch it off

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

EasilyConfused posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > Schadenfreude: My god, it's full of people arguing about liberalism

found the liberal

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Dango Bango posted:

Cole dodged a bullet :colbert:

Yeah, dating someone named Camryn is a big red flag

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Thomamelas posted:

The 11'8" bridge managed a perfect peel on a box truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPUL2SQ77uQ

I like how they possibly kept going, probably thinking it was just a (very loud) scrape.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Sentient Data posted:

That's not schad, that's just the result of setting up deductions correctly :shrug:

I'd much rather get a lump sum of my own money back at a later date for the endorphin rush, thank you

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Have fun giving the government a free loan that could have benefitted you a lot more, I guess.

Well, here's my contentious counterargument: you're probably right

joke's on you, i never stand by anything i say

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

mind the walrus posted:

Actually losing mod status is a step forward, so I'm ok with that.

I don't think we should be rewarding them for this

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

the elephant shoulda just left a bad review on their yelp page

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Love how black shirt guy takes red shirt's hardhat.

trying to fool the foreman into thinking he was the one wearing proper PPE the whole time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

https://i.imgur.com/xRL7tSl.mp4

Such athleticism!