Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Tashilicious posted:

Japan is hosed up in ways that are quite simply indescribable to most people. The cultural context for all this poo poo is just

loving wild man.

Say what you will but my shop teacher in middle school had to warn us off from goosing each other with compressed air. Because he knew it was potentially fatal, and I’d guess it hadn’t occurred to any of us to try it until he brought it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Memento posted:

"The Greta Thunberg helpline is here to tolerate you" is just the best line

One thing they warned us about in shop class was that if you put a bearing on your finger and spin it around with compressed air, it will probably overheat, seize, and twist your finger off.

A dude I went to trade school with apparently never got that lesson. As I was walking over to him to go "hey that's not a good idea for these reasons", it happened and took his left pinky finger off at the base. He just froze in place, his stump started dribbling out blood and he started to make a noise like a tornado siren starting to warm up. I heard that they couldn't re-attach it. This was 1997 so I guess the microsurgery technology might not have been in place.

I think surgeons still dislike when the parts they’re trying to put back together look like chipped beef.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

aardwolf posted:

I do not break with my feet
he who breaks with his feet has forgotten the face of his father
I break with my heart

Honky mafa

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Pope Corky the IX posted:

But that looks like such a nice area...

Even the pavement passes the paper bag test

Move along :doink:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Bury me with my bitcoins?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
Cats is probably only the worst they saw because they missed Playmobil

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

ilmucche posted:

Every time I start thinking I get it someone backs a landowner or says one luxury good is in fact cool and good, while it's a guillotinable offence to even think of another existing.

I think I'll be a guillotine metallurgist in the revolution so I can go down very confused and labeled as a capitalist centrist.

How do you feel about iron oxide for the lady?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

canyoneer posted:

Skiing is a lot like golf or cycling in that it can be done on the cheap but it is very easy to spend a lot of money on it.

And if you really want to stand out/put people who spend a lot of money on it on notice just Dumb and Dumber it and wear last decade’s fashions (maybe get one of those sit ski things) and mangle the awful culture.

drat “sitski fail” leads to the paralympics, no freude

But I assure you people without (previous) spinal injuries use those

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Mozi posted:

This is more or less how I tore my rotator cuff and broke some stuff in my shoulder, though the jump was much less impressive.

People don’t take “sports” like skiing seriously enough.

You need to do warm up stretches with lots of vigorous jerking motions and alcohol

And visualize the landing, knees locked, arms in the classic windmill positions

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Inceltown posted:

Getting buzzed around old white men sounds like hell and the chance to drink drive doesn't improve on that in the slightest.

Buzzed skiing gave us Sonny Bono’s illustrious political and musical career post ‘98

You’re welcome

E: he could be president now

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Milo and POTUS posted:

As with most of these things, this is overwhelmingly because millenials are poor as gently caress and not because there's a total lack of interest. I've never done it and I know i'd like it but lmao I don't live in the part of the country where it's feasible and I sure as poo poo can't afford a trip to the doctor let alone one to a ski resort

It helps to be born in a pissant white bread mountain town. You can laugh at overdressed and underskilled people paying out the rear end to get snow in their clothes and wonder how much that life flight helicopter charges.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Inceltown posted:

lmao if ski resorts are going to be the ones to fix capitalism.

The one here had a canned food drive, once a season.

Bring garbage food poor people won’t eat and feel good

going in saving twelve a hundred bucks

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Honky Dong Country posted:

I don't think the Nazi saluters are military. Says correctional officer cadets.

I’m sure they’d’ve liked you to think so.

They would have been called officers and officer is a military term. Make of that what you will.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Calvin's dad owns so hard, his sense of humour is amazing.

He’s aspirational but always makes me wonder why Watterston is like a JD Salingeresque recluse.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Lodin posted:

Here's a fun one from the Syndicate+ manual. Dudes been a bullshitter since day one and I love it.

This is nothing compared to John Romero’s pitch for Quake from inside of Commander Keen (pre Wolfenstein)

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Shut up Meg posted:

I thought they washed the worst of the muck off and shrinkwrapped to stop it getting dirty again.

I need to find better pizzarias.

Apparently you know a real life Panucci’s tho so there’s that.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Zopotantor posted:

I thought "Unauthorized Bread" was supposed to be fiction.

Never learn crapitalism

quote:

The problem with Keurig 2.0 is with the machine’s DRM (Digital Rights Management) system. DRM makes it so Keurig 2.0 machines only accept official, and more expensive, Keurig K-Cups that are one-time use only. The consumer backlash to this decision was more than the company anticipated.
President and CEO, Brian Kelly said in an earnings call:
“We were wrong. We underestimated, is the easiest way to say it. We underestimated the passion the consumer had for [My K-Cup].”

Hehe yeah passion for product name and not hatred for your utterly baffling and wasteful use of “””DRM”””

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Klyith posted:

Water quality is one of the few things the US does pretty well, most places. Places that aren't Flint or West Virginia. The bottled water and water filter thing is an amazing scam.

Did well. Schadenfreude is we elected a president worse than Nixon (who started the EPA) who values golf courses more than human life.

Freud for our nation’s haters I guess. We’ll just get dumber and crazier and start more wars I guess.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

GolfHole posted:

Gyms can only be profitable if 95% of people never go.

Just like health insurance!

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Garrand posted:

They're wasting perfectly good treatment

Cancer is finally going to get invited to parties :ohdear:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

canyoneer posted:

That is a myth

I'm too busy calling marijuana "tobacco" to look this sort of thing up do you have a newsletter?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Mr. Fix It posted:

humanity-nature dichotomy is bullshit

empty quote

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

TotalLossBrain posted:

I'm hesitant to call this Schadenfreude, but it's somewhat adjacent.

It's too perfect. It just needs to be updated in 18 years when the kid dies in Iran

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Solice Kirsk posted:

Buy them an account.

And tell them that to move to texarrakis before it’s too late :ohdear:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Way back I used to work with a bartender who rapidly became a sovereign citizen. Complete with taking down a painting the owner had done because of it containing like a gold fringed flag or something. Last year I found out he got fired and got shot in the leg and balls when he reached for a gun in his passenger seat.

I only barely know who to root for here, 3 out of 5

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I think a foil suit would literally roast you after a while. Like aluminum foil on a pork loin.

That heat has gotta go somewhere, and if you rotate in space, you are basically a giant slow cooking rotisserie at that point.

The good news is if you are naked in a vacuum, you basically don't have to worry about the hypothermia or freezing because you'll be dead inside of ~2 mins due to suffocation or massive embolisms when your lungs blow up because you held your breath.

No one should be allowed to go into space without first watching the osha safety video Event Horizon. Breathe out when exiting the airlock with no suit and maybe close your eyes why not.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Captain Hygiene posted:

But my fur will get all wet and smelly :smith:

If you have fur and post on SA well come on at that point it’ll probably do you good. Can’t speak to the other park guests.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

chitoryu12 posted:

Clear your tabs Brit.

:monocle:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
If Bloomberg had gone full Ross Perot it’d be great but apparently that’s not happening. :negative:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

The Bloop posted:

You want him to.... Run as a third party candidate guaranteeing Trump's reelection?

Spend epic amounts of money making an rear end of himself and not affect the outcome that we already know is going to happen: Trump is getting the second of as many terms as he can get until he gives it to his daughter or maybe clone.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The three rules of gun safety are:
1. Treat every gun as if it is loaded until you yourself have personally and immediately ensured it isn't. This includes both the chamber and magazine.
2. Never put your finger on the trigger of a gun until the moment you're ready to shoot
3. Never point a gun at anything you do not wish to destroy

This brain trust managed to break them all, here's hoping nobody was standing on the other side of the wall

It’s always amazing to me how many “gun enthusiasts” I see inspect a weapon and inevitably put another person in front of the muzzle.

It’s not schadenfreude for me it’s the other one, fremdschamen.

And because of my informal poll of not a lot of people I just give guns and gun people all the respect they deserve and don’t partake.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Hardon Crime posted:

you can't no true scotsman something that has a definition independent of an arbitrary designation such as the national identity.

This is the worst of all possible sentences.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Jabor posted:

The title of "Responsible Gun Owner" has nothing to do with actual responsibility. Gun nut society applies the title to anyone who has not yet caused drastic consequences through irresponsibility. In that respect it's completely legitimate to say that they are engaging in no-true-scotsman reasoning when they retroactively revoke the title from people that have caused drastic consequences, but not other people that are presently engaged in the exact same behaviour.

You said that much better than I had in a post I composed and deleted.

Schad: 2nd amendment chat let’s talk circumcision instead

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Dillbag posted:

More like poo Scotsman

Ye may think you’ve seen fecal lasagna but ye’ve not seen mine

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Not a lot of shame in this joy.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Captain Hygiene posted:

So much for bidet supremacy

It’s really sad seeing Europeans and other inferiors catching up to American trends

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

The Dregs posted:

I just went grocery shopping because we were actually out of toilet paper. Got the last couple packs. Also the last bannans (green and hard) and some of the last potatoes. My meat choices were questionable. 50 chicken wings, some frozen leg quarters and a big rear end skirt steak were the best I could do unless I wanted to venture into chitterling territory. No bread. We're gonna be living on tortillas for a week lol.

Also managed to snag blue Fanta. It is not good.

Thread title?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

EPICAC posted:

I grew up in Waco, but haven’t lived there for almost 20 years. Can verify, the water was awful. The issue was that there were dairy farms along the river upstream of the lake, the cow poo poo runoff into the river acted as fertilizer for the algae in the lake. The water treatment plant couldn’t get rid of the taste. The city had sued dairy farmers, not sure how it was resolved. They either mitigated the cow poo poo issue, or improved treatment, because when I’m back visiting the water tastes fine.

Waco is weird because it’s a small town like very small but it comes up in fiction and news stories way more than it should.

Or it’s one of those things where you notice it and have a self-reinforcing delusion.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

This is exactly what I was thinking of and if the above poster is right about it being 150k population—wait for it—Stephen King is bad at doing regional stuff if it’s not in Maine or Florida.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Darth Brooks posted:

(a) This is real.
(b) I'm amazed that it's real.

If you ever listened to the Pixies or played cards you know what Trompe means.

We’re all shocked. The state of New York has a summons for you as a material witness now.