Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

just caught Hobbs & Shaw and Roman did all of his signature moves in the fight scenes loooool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Ive seen the Rock in an FS1 wwe commercial at least

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Tweak posted:

Ive seen the Rock in an FS1 wwe commercial at least

Was it archival footage?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Speaking of FOX, it seems like they are plugging Becky, Roman, Kofi, and Charlotte as the faces of SDL.

So don't be shocked if Becky ends up back on Smackdown in the upcoming draft.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

smikey posted:

Was it archival footage?

oh absolutely

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Ronda's run is loving perfect. I'm so glad she's not coming back, it's a perfect carnival of WWE bullshit.

Put over by Steph/HHH in a legit good match, shits all over the division, scrambles Alexa's brain. None of her storylines make any sense. Gets into a real feud, completely destroyed on promos, Charlotte gets a huge pop for murdering her after a loss. Goes out on her back botching a mania match people will still be angry about Charlotte being in for the next two decades, disappears to get pregnant and never returns. Charlotte is not at all more over for getting what so many want, Becky's heat is mostly absorbed by Lacey Evans who will never be over ever.

It's a rocket propelled trainwreck that ends with Baron Corbin's smiling face as they don't run an Evolution 2.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Spiderdrake posted:

Ronda's run is loving perfect. I'm so glad she's not coming back, it's a perfect carnival of WWE bullshit.

Put over by Steph/HHH in a legit good match, shits all over the division, scrambles Alexa's brain. None of her storylines make any sense. Gets into a real feud, completely destroyed on promos, Charlotte gets a huge pop for murdering her after a loss. Goes out on her back botching a mania match people will still be angry about Charlotte being in for the next two decades, disappears to get pregnant and never returns. Charlotte is not at all more over for getting what so many want, Becky's heat is mostly absorbed by Lacey Evans who will never be over ever.

It's a rocket propelled trainwreck that ends with Baron Corbin's smiling face as they don't run an Evolution 2.

Don't forget the collateral damage that resulted from that WM match as well. Relegating literally every other SD woman except for Becky, The IIconics, and Charlotte to the Battle Royal, completely loving over Asuka just so Vince had some sort of justification to actually add Charlotte to the match, and Becky Two Belts lasting all of roughly a month before Vince got bored of it and gave the title back to Charlotte. Given the reign was very short, but now outside of the WWE 4HW and Alexa, the entire division has nearly zero credibility as a result of it.

Just going to say it now, the majority of people clamoring for the WWE 4HW to feud among themselves will be bored of it within a few months, because WWE will run that poo poo into the ground. :shrug:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Excellent analysis.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

WWE, who was my baby, shot me down.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What if im bored of Charlotee, Becky, Sasha and Alexa now?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

DoctorGonzo posted:

Then you're poo poo outta luck.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DarkstarIV posted:

completely loving over Asuka just so Vince had some sort of justification to actually add Charlotte to the match,
Oh yeah this is the best part but kinda outside the main story of Ronda's turbo fuckery insanity rocket bullshit.

Like a short feud with Asuka would have done wonders and popped crowds and you could have had a cheating Charlotte take the belt off Asuka to really build heat, but Vince just couldn't be bothered.

Oh also I forgot the tweet with the duck noises and Charlotte kneeing Ronda in the face. That's the best part.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Write yourself a prescription for a drinking problem Doc cuz you've got a terminal case of WWE women's division suckitis

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Big Mama vs Lady Maravilla is a.better feud than everything new York has done with their womans revolution Tm #thankyoustephanie

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Wonder if Fox advertisements during football games showing a giant Becky Lynch cut-out and playing her theme song are draft spoilers.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Sasha Banks signed a new deal according to Bryan on WOL.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Incessant Excess posted:

:laffo:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Rusev is next

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Incessant Excess posted:

Welp, she went in with eyes wide open. I can only hope they actually make proper use of her, because she's really loving good.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Incessant Excess posted:

"This time things will be different." - me expecting wrestlers to get with the program.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Okay so in a year when Sasha is doing nothing and sad about it I better not see anybody acting like Sasha is being mistreated.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Revival is gonna be next.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
sasha is a huge wwe mark and doesn't seem to actually want to wrestle anywhere else, so it really isn't too surprising

just the idea of signing a five year contract makes me nauseous, I don't know how wrestlers put up with it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Incessant Excess posted:

WWE is a cult

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Okay so in a year when Sasha is doing nothing and sad about it I better not see anybody acting like Sasha is being mistreated.

Oh she can still be mistreated, it's just that it won't be a surprise. :sigh:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

She can definitely still be mistreated, she's just going to have less people feeling bad for her. I know I won't

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I heard she’s already laying down backstage unhappily

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Hey, yo, if she doesn't complain on twitter, I am absolutely not gonna' poo poo on that decision. They clearly gave her a dumptruck of money. If she can be okay clocking in and out and not caring anymore while making millions, more power to her.

But if she gets super unhappy again, I have far less sympathy than I would have before there were other options for her to establish a retirement fund.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i stopped being surprised when Danielson re-signed after they forced him to retire and magically cleared him right before he was about to leave to work somewhere else, along with pushing him into authority and commentator roles when it was still painful for him to be around wrestling.

at this point it's just impressive, I don't know what jedi mind trick poo poo Vince does to make people believe and trust him.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Low Desert Punk posted:

i stopped being surprised when Danielson re-signed after they forced him to retire and magically cleared him right before he was about to leave to work somewhere else, along with pushing him into authority and commentator roles when it was still painful for him to be around wrestling.

at this point it's just impressive, I don't know what jedi mind trick poo poo Vince does to make people believe and trust him.

Killing the entire industry so that they only have nostalgia for WWE.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I think with Bryan if he hadn't re-signed then he was looking at something like another year on his contract due to extensions due to their random freezing (which apparently is completely legal and not at all loving terrifying) of its status? He was cleared and basically desperate to get back into the ring wrestling again so he signed up.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Honestly thinking about it I bet it's hard to convince yourself to leave too. For a lot of them that's their entire life. They're on the road the majority of the week. WWE isn't just a job, it's all their friends and a lot of their support structure.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
If people are legitimately able to start taking breaks (though it's suspicious that the ones who have been able to so far are either near the end of their contracts or the top two people in the company) and also take the most possible money from WWE since they don't want to lose anyone, good for them. Make your money when you're young and get out when all those dives where you destroyed your spine catch up, Sasha.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gumball Gumption posted:

Honestly thinking about it I bet it's hard to convince yourself to leave too. For a lot of them that's their entire life. They're on the road the majority of the week. WWE isn't just a job, it's all their friends and a lot of their support structure.

Rarity posted:

WWE is a cult

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Don't worry, Vince probably promised Sasha a title reign.

...Which she will get, but considering Sasha's track record as a singles champ on the main roster, she'll lose her first title defense soon after actually winning the title.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

:capitalism:

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

also because it's drilled into them that WWE is the big leagues and everything else is a significant step down and worthless. which is also a calculated thing by Vince, I think, because there's less chance of lost talent making money for someone else. if you're a performance center kid that doesn't know anything other than what WWE tells you, I could see believing it

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

DarkstarIV posted:

Don't worry, Vince probably promised Sasha a title reign.

...Which she will get, but considering Sasha's track record as a singles champ on the main roster, she'll lose her first title defense soon after actually winning the title.

huge fuckin lmao if sasha got won over by a promise of a title reign after she was used to pad charlotte's stats for like 4 months a couple years back.

what a fuckin miserably predictable series that was. sasha wins on tv. charlotte wins on ppv. sasha wins on tv. charlotte wins on ppv. repeat. repeat. repeat. and it was beyond obvious because they kept leaning on charlotte's ppv streak, a streak that no one in the world cared about because it was dumb as poo poo to even keep track of.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Then didn't they drop the whole thing because they got scared that people would confuse it with Cena's at the time storyline about going for Ric Flair's title record?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Yeah, they got cold feet on whether they wanted Cena or Charlotte to break Ric’s record

And then I guess Cena was like “nah I don’t want to do that” despite Ric saying he would love if Cena did and settled the question for them and won’t ever carry the belt again probably, leaving it open for Charlotte to beat

I mean, some of Ric’s later “reigns” are, uh, not things to write home about anyway, like his last one where Nash gave him the belt and he lost it later the same night to Jarrett or the time he won the belt and a week later Russo stripped him of it, so it’s not even necessarily something that carries a huge amount of meaning outside of “big number, big good”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Anybody who re-signed before AEW existed has a much better excuse.