Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dacap posted:

I’m curious if Bayley will have the same music. I assumed she would have to change it, but I thought the same thing about Sami Zayn and he found a way to make it work.

There ain't no stopping us now
We celebrate, you're on the floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
the inflating Bayley buddies should deploy and immediately wilt, like when they screwed up at Wrestlemania only intentional now.

Jerusalem posted:

Still not sure if I want her to fully embrace being evil or just really enthusiastically be doing a terrible job at it purely because she wants to support her friend Sasha but doesn't really know how to be a bad guy.

1996 Lex Luger in reverse; Bayley continues to act like a traditional face behind Sasha's back but enthusiastically heels it up whenever Sasha is watching her and/or they team together.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jerusalem posted:

Still not sure if I want her to fully embrace being evil or just really enthusiastically be doing a terrible job at it purely because she wants to support her friend Sasha but doesn't really know how to be a bad guy.

Now I just want Sasha/Bayley to be the Cody/MJF dynamic but in reverse

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Bayley comes out and stabs the tube men, record scratch, Regal's old evil theme starts.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Faustian Bargain posted:

Bayley comes out and stabs the tube men, record scratch, Regal's old evil theme starts.Dolph Ziggler's theme starts

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Mister Perky posted:

1996 Lex Luger in reverse; Bayley continues to act like a traditional face behind Sasha's back but enthusiastically heels it up whenever Sasha is watching her and/or they team together.
im mad at you for coming up with an idea 10 times better than what they’ll do (a generic “you people” promo, then at least once every 3 weeks she does a promo where she pretends to turn face but OHHHHHH MYYYY she was fooling us this whole time)

TransatlanticFoe
Mar 1, 2003

Hell Gem
where’s that drawing someone did where Bayley does the Kane arms thing but the buddies come out of the ringposts

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Mister Perky posted:

This is a fantastic idea that would own so much.

...Which is how you know it's not gonna happen, unfortunately.

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

Dragonatrix posted:

This is a fantastic idea that would own so much.

...Which is how you know it's not gonna happen, unfortunately.

look even this company can't start screwing Dark Bayley up before next Monday, now is the time to let imaginations run wild and get as much fun out of the potential and possibility as you can.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Mister Perky posted:

look even this company can't start screwing Dark Bayley up before next Monday, now is the time to let imaginations run wild and get as much fun out of the potential and possibility as you can.
theyve got 2 whole hours to do it tonight

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Mister Perky posted:

there's one big flaw in your thinking....

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
oh right Bayley's a Smackdown talent.

Okay, even this company can't screw this up until 11 hours from now. Get your best Fantasy Bayley Booking in now before it's rendered obsolete by something stupid

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
Dark bayley goes to hug a kid in the front row and then fakes out and gives him the finger.

Starts calling herself the fugger instead of the hugger

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
Evil Bayley uses the Bear Hug as a finisher, wherein she snaps and has the Bob Backlund 1000 yard dead eye stare and starts taking DQ losses where it takes a half dozen refs to pull her off when she refuses to release the hold and starts sending everyone to the hospital medical facility

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
dark bayleys theme should just be the “there ain’t no stopping us now” repeated, slowing down and getting deeper in pitch as she walks to the ring eventually replaced by a static noise only children can hear

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
It is pretty funny that after all this time with people wanting Heel Sasha, we immediately get Heel Bayley too because gently caress it why not?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
what im saying is make Dark Bayley exactly like the fiend but call her The Friend

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

MotU posted:

what im saying is make Dark Bayley exactly like the fiend but call her The Friend

This is a good idea.

E: since official WWE canon is that bayley is an ugly loser who never got to kiss a boy, they should reveal that the reason she fell to darkness is because she finally got smooched. By whom you ask? That's your big angle going into Mania

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
Dark bayley should speak in tongues with a very obvious demonic modulation over it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

Dark bayley goes to hug a kid in the front row and then fakes out and gives him the finger.

Starts calling herself the fugger instead of the hugger

I'm ok with Dark Bayley just being Maki Itoh tbh

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

projecthalaxy posted:

This is a good idea.

E: since official WWE canon is that bayley is an ugly loser who never got to kiss a boy, they should reveal that the reason she fell to darkness is because she finally got smooched. By whom you ask? That's your big angle going into Mania

By Maria to set up the HLA, cucking and pregnancy fetish angle.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Dark Bayley needs to be the most competent and cruel heel of all time.

Hall of Pain Mark Henry combined with Heel Doink. I want her beating everybody, making kids cry, and just laughing about all of it.

I don't care if you later explain that she was possessed by a ghost or something, she's earned a dominant heel run after years of being booked like a goober.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Dark Bayley double dips chips.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

I like Dark Bayley because she has more flavonoids. She can trigger migraines in susceptible people, so be careful.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Smackdown should be a banger tonight because it will feature Bayley delivering a "you people" promo

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Dark Bayley is going to beat down her little pal Ember Moon tonight to "send a message" isnt she

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I just remembered how WWE spent like 8 months teasing a heel turn for both Sasha and Bayley, never followed up on it and now are doing it 2 years later for no loving reason

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
A lot of really unique and cool ideas being posted here re: bayley and I'd be thrilled to be audience to any one of them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She better start talking like that Snickers commercial now.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Dark Bayley should still hug people, but now she does it while wearing Road Warrior spikes.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Bayley's new finisher should be the Bay Leaf, where she just leaves the match

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

Dark Bayley is going to beat down her little pal Ember Moon tonight to "send a message" isnt she

we were already sent a message at Summerslam about how much WWE values Ember Moon

also Bayley needs to lose the high ponytail because that poo poo screams face, needs to just wear her hair long to complete the heel look

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

DLC Inc posted:

we were already sent a message at Summerslam about how much WWE values Ember Moon

also Bayley needs to lose the high ponytail because that poo poo screams face, needs to just wear her hair long to complete the heel look

maybe she can go higher with the ponytail and do a jericho early wcw thing with it straight up. nothing says cocky like that!

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Chris James 2 posted:

2004 Tough Enough, frequented Deep South and OVW, was also on Heat. Steph liked him

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1168873194780016641
I initially got him mixed up with Daniel Puder, who at least had memorable spots as "Tough Enough Winner" and "guy who tried to shoot on Kurt Angle" and "guy who got the absolute poo poo stiffed out of him by Benoit, Eddie, and Bob Holly for five minutes straight in the 2005 Royal Rumble as payback" and then got released immediately but had cups of coffee in Strikeforce, Ring of Honor, and ROH for a few years afterwards.

Rodimer spent a lot of time in developmental, kept being brought out onto house show tours and send back down to developmental, and peaked when he traded wins with Eugene on the Internationally Syndicated era of Heat before getting released, and hasn't wrestled since. He's still a carny at heart though!

quote:

Before he left the Waffle House, Rodimer purportedly threw down a business card with his name and face on it—a clue police would later use to tie him to the attack—and then boasted about how much he liked “hurting people,” according to the police report.

To be clear I wouldn't vote for either Tough Enough Daniel from 2004, but at least Puder did something memorable in his brief stint. The real question is which 2004 Tough Enough participant would you send to Congress if you absolutely had to:

-Daniel Puder
-Daniel Rodimer
-The Miz
-Ryback
-Justice from the American Gladiators reboot
-Mitch from the Spirit Squad
-Chris Nawrocki (not Nowinski)
-Hijo de Big John Studd

(write-in vote possibilities: The Boogeyman and Luke Gallows, neither of which made the final eight)

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm ok with Dark Bayley just being Maki Itoh tbh

Everyone should be maki itoh

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

MotU posted:

So, The Cable Guy

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Edge & Christian posted:

I initially got him mixed up with Daniel Puder, who at least had memorable spots as "Tough Enough Winner" and "guy who tried to shoot on Kurt Angle" and "guy who got the absolute poo poo stiffed out of him by Benoit, Eddie, and Bob Holly for five minutes straight in the 2005 Royal Rumble as payback" and then got released immediately but had cups of coffee in Strikeforce, Ring of Honor, and ROH for a few years afterwards.

Rodimer spent a lot of time in developmental, kept being brought out onto house show tours and send back down to developmental, and peaked when he traded wins with Eugene on the Internationally Syndicated era of Heat before getting released, and hasn't wrestled since. He's still a carny at heart though!

To be clear I wouldn't vote for either Tough Enough Daniel from 2004, but at least Puder did something memorable in his brief stint. The real question is which 2004 Tough Enough participant would you send to Congress if you absolutely had to:

-Daniel Puder
-Daniel Rodimer
-The Miz
-Ryback
-Hijo de Big John Studd

(write-in vote possibilities: The Boogeyman and Luke Gallows, neither of which made the final eight)

I would send The Miz, honestly.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Gumball Gumption posted:

This episode doesn't sound too bad except the ref segment/making a tournament match a triple threat. They just constantly have to get in their own way by being too cute.

It was really bad. Most of it was dull as gently caress, which is the worst kind of bad. The only real highlights were Sasha, the Bayley turn and the Firefly Funhouse. The Bray booking is weird to me, though, because on one hand they basically announced that he's getting a Universal Title shot at Hell in a Cell without really building to it (presumably because it leaked on Twitter) and it sorta muddies the Clash of the Champions match. I love long-term booking, but this doesn't feel like part of a larger story. It just seems like their plans got leaked so they wanted to make it look like they meant to do it. And the booking around the Braun/Seth match is already muddied enough with all of the AJ/Club involvement. It's a mess.

And the Bayley turn is weird because it seems to be in the service of the Sasha turn, when Bayley should be more focused on her actual Title feud with Charlotte. I'm sure they brought it up at some point, but I honestly don't remember them mentioning the upcoming Bayley/Charlotte match at all. I am interested to see what they do with it tonight, but the way they use wrestlers on both shows and then only acknowledge angles selectively is really jarring.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Edge & Christian posted:

-Daniel Puder
-Daniel Rodimer
-The Miz
-Ryback
-Hijo de Big John Studd

Chris Nawrocki is a smart guy who's responsible for a lot of the CTE awareness we've gained over the last two decades so him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rarity posted:

Chris Nawrocki is a smart guy who's responsible for a lot of the CTE awareness we've gained over the last two decades so him

did you intentionally get this wrong because of the clarification or did you not read the clarification