Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I love these presconstructed even things. It's like playing Duels of the Planeswalkers again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
At the end of every season they should flip everyone like a mirror. Just switch places with the opposite rank. Up and down.

Bronze/Mythic
Silver/Diamond
Gold/Platinum

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Brb converting to mono green.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Yeah it's probably just worded that way for paper players, so they can use whatever means available to randomize it.

In Arena the program is just going to randomize one for you.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I swear half the people itt only seem to care about how many rewards they get and see the actual "playing Magic: The Gathering" part as a chore. If this describes you, please just stop playing altogether. Modern gaming has broken your brain and you're being tricked into doing something you don't want to do. Go play something you enjoy instead.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
:eyepop:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Allowing people to manually block other users from matching is opening a Pandora's Box.

*Blocks every Scapeshift, simic flash, blue/white control, and Thought Erasure user*

"Wow can't find a match. Dead game."

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Kjermzs posted:

What makes you think that? Besides, you know, that Kaya is black?

Something tells me he had no other reason.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Bust Rodd posted:

1st of all, you have no way of knowing this, but when you suggest to me, a mixed race person, that I assume all black people are related, you're being kind of racist.

2nd of all, not all black people have Afros, but Kaya and the Queen both do. Notice how I didn't ask if she was related to Teferi?

Slow your roll next time you have a brilliant point to make, dude.

Kaya's wiki says her homeplane is as of yet unnamed.

lol what in tarnation

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm afraid if you cannot bolt the bird it's just not real Magic.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
That's definitely something any deck which involves white can put in their sideboard to go against basically any Izzet build.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm no expert for sure, but as a mid-tier player I think lowering the general power level is good. Having every match be full of bombs and "you better be able to counter/destroy/remove this NOW" cards is no bueno.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

CapnAndy posted:

Mill Yourself Jace.

Magic the Gathering Arena: Go Mill Yourself

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I don't think that's gonna work.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
One things is for sure, whoever tests it on release day is either gonna feel really big brain or really foolish.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
This Momir event is honestly really stupid. Worse, it's boring as gently caress.

You just slowly wait until someone randomly gets a WIN creature. With no non-creature spells it gets boring as hell, and half the matches are just "wait 7 turns of nobody attacking until a game-ender drops".

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Chadzok posted:

Have you thought maybe you just lack the skills it takes to best your opponents? I myself have been performing admirably.

Not sure if this is a dumb troll, but I've gone 0-2 and 5-0. Both were boring and stupid.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Tbh given the setting of the new set it would be incredibly inappropriate not to give players quests.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Waffleopolis posted:

That Lucky Clover is totally not busted in any way whatsoever and will not piss me off when this and Murderous Rider or Bonecrusher Giant wreck my poo poo.

I was gonna say, a colorless two drop with that effect sounds kind of insane.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Dracula Factory posted:

A paid momir event is for insane people only, I wish they had a fun event instead.

To me the cost doesn't seem an issue. The worst case is that you pay 200 gold and receive two uncommons, which isn't too bad. And likely you'll get better than that.

The problem is the event is bad. It's funny for like a game and half, then it's just dumb. It really doesn't help that half the creature effects do nothing because they are all tokens and the deck is all lands, so there is never anything in the graveyard, nothing can be returned to hand, nothing can be searched for, etc. It's just an unending pile of misfires.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

vegetables posted:

The worst case scenario is it’s two uncommons you already owned and you paid 200 gold for 0.67% of vault progress

Rich player problems.

Why don't you climb up your tower with Epic Chandra Cat and rub some gems together so us regular folk can enjoy new cards.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
You'd have to be crazy not to get the new mastery pass!

Crazy like a fox!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Zyla posted:

that fairy is the horniest magic card ive seen in a long long time

The ethereal lips close-up in the corner is really lol. Reminds of lazer cat.

This is a positive comment.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Dpulex posted:

gently caress planeswalkers.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Huxley posted:

opening multiples of the 8-mana red enchantment of the set.

Triggered rn.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
brb crafting 4x The Elderspell

Guess I'm mono-black this whole season...

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Give planeswalkers summoning sickness.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Doltos posted:

One time I got matched up against Todd Stevens and got rolled with a cool deck so I started watching him and then gave him my twitch sub then came here and found out he was a sex pest and whelp

Owned.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

turboraton posted:

I just hope she is not a sex pest tho. Also I was reviewing the game and she was litening to DONT CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA lmao. Rip Peru

From what I can tell literally every person online is a sex pest.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Throne of Eldrain: Adventure Time!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Wowzers, opened my very first five Eldraine packs just now. These were the rare slots...

1) Mythic rare wildcard
2) Murderous Rider
3) Linden, The Steadfast Queen
4) Murderous Rider
5) Murderous Rider

I think I'm making a deck with Murderous Riders lol!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
RIP color white, thought of Eldraine and died.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Arivia posted:

It's not any fun when people just time out and concede in the try decks event so you don't actually get to try things.

Stop trying Oko.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Magic Underwear posted:

There is nothing better than playing a ceratops against simic flash and watching them suffer. gently caress that deck.

I beat a Simic flash yesterday with my homebrew Golem deck.

He conceded after my unblockable Gingerbrute used three Heartpiercer bows to wipe away his Spectral Sailors (the Brineborne got blown up by a Vial of Dragonfire). Very satisfying.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
What kind of loser looks up what deck to make.

Craft your own decks, you cowards.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Bugsy posted:

Help my opponent blew up then I got stuck.

This has happened to me before.

I just ALT-F4'd and when I came back I had been credited with the win.

Godspeed, goon.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I out-flashed a Simic flash deck with my Dimir deck tonight and it felt good.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Paul Zuvella posted:

Azorious fliers also would be an awful deck to craft.

I have to disagree.

It's probably not tier 1, but you can craft a decent Azorius flyers deck pretty easily because it incorporates a lot of commons and uncommons. That's really the nice thing about it, it's a decent deck on a budget. imo a pretty good option for someone new, or anyone with a limited amount of those precious R/MR wildcards. I'm at work so I'll try to remember to post mine later. You won't win any tournaments with it but you can play some Magic!

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Oct 8, 2019

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Kraps posted:

Yeah that's really all I want, I'll be glad to see your deck.

Here you go!

As advertised, this is a budget deck, not a pro deck. It won't win tournaments and I probably wouldn't take it to constructed events. If you are Very Serious Magic Player, ignore this post. Otherwise, you can mash play and probably ranked up todiamond and be ok I think. Also this can absolutely be optimized and tweaked. For example, the Brazen Borrower is only there because I opened one. Just make a few alterations and swaps based on what's in your collection. The core functionality of the deck is the Faerie Miscreant/Faeire Vandal/Cloudkin/Empyrean/Guardmage synergy. They are really the only cards I wouldn't change. You slam creatures down and draw +1 card on most turns. The birbs get big and beat up the enemy. If they have lots of removal, your constant card draw can hopefully keep enough bodies on the field to win anyway.

This is a pretty low-brain power deck. Every creature flies, and it's designed to simply bash down an enemy with poo poo they hopefully can't block. But there is enough durability in the fliers that between them and Yanling you can often hold against aggro. it has enough soft draw to keep you with gas for anything but really long games, and pumping up the Vandals in the process. Time Wipe + Elite Guardmage is your emergency option to reset the board and get some gas back.

Notes about deck
- As presented, only three rares and three mythic rares. Everything else is common/uncommon. Super noob friendly!
- Trapped in the Tower is used here because it's cheaper than other disables, you should be winning the air fight anyway, and there is half chance you have a Yanling around to make any creature a target for it anyway.
- Would possibly drop the Evol Isles for two more Cloudkin Seers. Deck hasn't really had mana troubles most of the time. Still trying it out.
- Every creature in the deck is at least part blue, so you just always chose that color for Heradlic Banner. It will buff every creature you have.
- You can probably swap out some of R/MR cards or add with whatever is in your collection. The core play is really just "play flyers --> buff flyers --> draw +1 card most turns"
- I've rarely had any mana issues despite minimal fixing. Obviously you could burn WCs to make this better, but the whole point is the deck is cheap.

Does surprisingly well against a lot of common metas. Can hold aggro in enough cases. May be able to just fly over Fields decks before they get up to steam. Actually does pretty well against Simic because you often have enough creatures on the field by the time their engine is up an running, and can easily beat up the sailors.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Oct 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

SageNytell posted:

Mind posting the decklist? I'm looking for something similar for faffing about with but I can't make out all the names and I'm too recently back to the game to recognize the art.

Here, I refined it a tad too. I cut a few of the extraneous x1 cards and kept the mana simple. This is easier to use as a base. This also brings it down to just two rares and two mythic rares. I think it's really effective relative to the crazy low amount of (relevant) wildcards you have to use on it. I'd say the Senate Griffins, Time Wipes, and Azorius Skyguard are swappable within their mana costs if you want to try other big flyers or sorceries. I also might swap the Winged Words back to Wardens, hard to say. But I'd say this is a great start point.

4x Empyrean Eagle
3x Azorius Skyguard
2x Senate Griffin
4x Faerie Miscreant
2x Mu Yanling, Sky Dancer
4x Cloudkin Seer
2x Winged Words
3x Trapped in the Tower
4x Faerie Vandal
4x Elite Guardmage
2x Heraldic Banner
2x Time Wipe
13x Island
11x Plains

I'd say the Senate Griffins, Time Wipes, and Azorius Skyguard are swappable for just about anything within their mana costs. I also might swap the Winged Words back to Wardens, hard to say. But I'd say this is a great start point. In my experience you can get away without mana fixing in this setup 90% of the time. Although of if you have extra WCs that's an area to improve.