Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Spiderdrake posted:

The element that was announced today wasn't that.

what exactly is different

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
also you can in fact do the daily quests in historic

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2289031#paper

(from ben wheeler)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

GrandpaPants posted:

So I know Wizards lol etc., but I didn't receive this e-mail?

did you say 'no' to getting marketing emails from wizards

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Weren't weekly quests also supposed to reset?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

mandatory lesbian posted:

have played several games with oko and beginning to think this card is busted lol

what are you using as payoff for oko? I found voracious hydra to be pretty funny and it kind of makes me want to go full hydra but I am a very amateur deck builder

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Well I burned through all 12 of my Play Any Deck games, whoever designed this event knew the best way to get me to want to crack a bunch of packs.

Went 6-6 with Henge, but I think I could definitely play better once I have a better idea of the other decks being played. This was the version I ended with

If I have four mana turn 3 it's pretty likely I start steamrolling and if I get a T5 Henge it's pretty explosive. Garenbrig is also very good at marginal gains, that one extra mana came into play in more than a few games.

Unless there's something that cracks this deck wide-open I think it might be a daily driver for me, Ceratops being extremely resilient to Simic Flash already has me enjoying things a lot more

have you thought about putting oko in here

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

mandatory lesbian posted:

im still tuning the deck, im not really bothering with food synergy beyond gilded goose so oko is just a hard to kill dude who steals creatures and makes food, and makes food into creatures

if i was playing a hydra i'd absolutely go with hydroid krasis, drawing cards rules

oh krasis is 100% in the deck i'm brewing, I bring up voracious hydra because with oko out you can end up with a t4 7/7 or a 5/5 that killed a thing when it came in

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

gently caress off with this poo poo

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Paul Zuvella posted:

So, uh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLMIxniL_II

You can open up the absolutely horrible Planeswalker Signgature spell rares from the Planeswalker decks in the SUPER PREMIUM COLLECTORS EDITION!

I cannot believe how horrible these are.

they were pretty upfront about saying that there was a slot or two dedicated to 'cards in the set not otherwise available through boosters' so yeah the low roll is pw deck cards (and the high roll are Brawl deck legendaries and the new mana rock)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

:getin:

My first draw was an Oko. I think Oko is definitely a killer in this archetype now, not just for stealing or for feeding the goose, but in a land of 3/3s with no abilities the 4/4 is king -- I ended up +1ing the opponent's board to just neutralize cards with major abilities (like, say, an opposing Questing Beast)

Is that your henge deck? What's it look like now?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

So, after playing a ton of games with this deck, here's my mostly final list for mono G stompy.

What's your sideboard with Viv?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Eej posted:

Not gonna lie, this standard is really boring. Golos was fun when you could play Nexus for free off it. The Simic and Bant decks are samey Goose Oko value decks and everything else is a variant of midrange. Maybe something cool will pop up but every game is just grindy nonsense outside of the pure aggro decks.

you're saying your definition of a good deck to have in standard includes Nexus

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Magic Underwear posted:

I doubt it, but they'll probably print something in the next set that actually deals with it rather than just buying time.

are they usually that quick about printing tech cards?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
did you stop playing paper magic because you got banned from all your local game stores

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

fadam posted:

Just don't play bo1.

The big flashy event is bo1 which is what stoked the complaints again

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Blooming Brilliant posted:

So is play matching based on collection size, mastery rank, or is it just random?

Because I went from facing other starter account with basic decks, to Golos Fields at mastery 10.

which queue

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
instead, think of what you can do to make your deck better in the future against that

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Bust Rodd posted:

LOL if you ever wondered how dumb some magic players are Twitter is alive with people speculating that this new B&R announcement will be about banning Astrolabe in Pauper or loving Oko in Brawl like Jesus Christ lol

both of those are actually completely reasonable speculations and when it got pointed out to me that the announcement specifically mentioned digital formats and got pushed up to right when the first brawl events are happening on mtga it definitely makes a lot more sense that it'd be brawl bans

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I mean if you boil down the complaint to its simplest form and ignore both the complainer and the rest of what they said, sure

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
on the other hand you could try to be less constantly abrasive instead of telling people that they should listen to you in spite of your personality

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I'd say tectonic and agent do about the same thing in the mirror except you also get another copy of field with agent

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
yeah I don't think I'm going to draft until the next bot update. fighting people with 4-5 secretkeepers is maddening

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I mean the hard part of that functionality is getting usable reports that aren't just 'I lost and I'm mad'

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I finally defeated Simic Flash for the first time in god knows how long, what a tedious pile of cards

once field of the dead gets bopped out of the meta veil of summer is almost maindeckable

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i'd sub out headhunter for reaper, one noble or pair for your paladin, and consider barrow witches over wolf's quarry since you didn't pick up any of the big food bombs

also what colorless artifacts do you have? i'd be shocked if you didn't open any usable ones

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Lone Goat posted:

seriously though why is that tournament grounds in there?

I'd guess for the headhunter?

edit:

Lone Goat posted:

also that deck is like three artifacts away from being decent mono black, and now I'm curious about the rest of the pool to see if it could be a 14/3 Bx deck

oh god yeah I didn't even look at that (because I like keeper of fables so much) but that's a really good point

show the full pool!

flatluigi fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Oct 16, 2019

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

resistentialism posted:

So if you're trying to cast mesmeric gaze (hypnotic sprite) with a lucky clover out, in a normal situation, there's no way it doesn't end up in the graveyard, right?

yeah, I think it has the same invalid target issue as all the other single-target adventures do when copied. they all probably should've been templated to say 'up to one target,' but I guess it never came up in testing (or might've even had a misruling in testing!)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

kater posted:

Today in what the gently caress is that card:

What

the gently caress is that card.

run it with in historic

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Kawabata posted:

Unless I messed up and misremember my mana pool, autotapper did something really weird today. I equipped Embercleave on a Paradise Druid, checked if I had the right lands for Collision/Colossus which would've given me lethal, autotapped and...my druid tapped instead of a land, I missed lethal and wasted the instant. My opponent emoted so hard he might have broken his left mouse button. I did topdeck Hellkite the turn after (never punished), but I'm still shocked at what happened.

I'm pretty sure land mana was there, but I can't believe autotapper can gently caress up so hard. Can it?

You miscounted, the autotapper always prioritizes lands over creatures if possible.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
If you're using untapped.gg there's a section in the profile statistics for limited games.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Lagomorphic posted:

Whelp 10 games in a row vs Simic Ramp. Standard sure looks good now that Golos is gone.

it's not banned until tomorrow's update

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
we certainly have the right to poo poo on you when you post about it

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Justin_Brett posted:

Was Field of the Dead not banned in Arena, or just not yet?

the patch is happening within the next 24 hours with all the other stuff

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
So, any spicy brawl decks people have brewed?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
everyone was making noises about brawl being all okos but i haven't seen one and 2/3s of my matches have been yarok field

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Funkdreamer posted:

Wait, is the converted mana cost of adventure creatures their creature cost + the adventure cost? I don't get this ban.

the cmc of an adventure creature is the creature, but when it goes on the stack you pick whether you're casting the creature or the adventure

so in that case, you could cascade into flaxen and then cast her adventure for free at 2 mana

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Does the new tiny XP reward for 15 wins stop at some point before the 15 wins are up, or is it for all of them?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

AngryBooch posted:

oh my god. Ali has brewed a deck using Chance for Glory to make all his creatures indestructible for the whole game by countering Chance for Glory's "lose the game" clause with Tale's End.

Absolute loving madman.

you're really understating what the deck actually is, which is an infinite turns combo deck

https://twitter.com/AliEldrazi/status/1187972733751250944

ramp like hell, use the aforementioned CFG + Tale's End interaction to get an extra turn, play scholar of the ages to bring both back from your graveyard to your hand, and use portal of sanctuary to bounce the scholar back to your hand to repeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
planeswalkers are alright