Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

It was also posted in German, pretty sure it's legit.

RIP adding new cards to historic, a thing that would have made the format way more interesting

uhhh have you seen the current Standard 2020 event? Not a single one of the Eldraine preview cards makes the format anything but terrible.

At least half the "special" event formats re also terrible. I had zero faith in their ability to pick cards that make formats anything but terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

qbert posted:

Best thing about a bunch of Food in the format is that it makes mono-red worse.

too slow imo

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bust Rodd posted:

Sucks for you because that horrific event is going to be the meta for like the next six months

No, it'll have a complete set to round it out. The problem now is that it's 3 sets and a handful of bad Eldraine cards

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GimmickMan posted:

I also tend to forget m20 exists.

4 Sets and a handful of bad Eldraine cards

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bust Rodd posted:

The designers who made Narset should seriously have all their fingers and toes clipped off with pruning shears and be made to eat them.

Like I can’t imagine sitting down to design an uncommon with the text “your opponent can’t draw cards” and not having everyone else in the room go “dude it’s a CARD game, that’s like the whole point, go take five minutes and get rid of that terrible idea”

You can still draw cards, just 1 on each turn. It's a great check to Krasis and some other annoying cards

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bust Rodd posted:

Naw it’s a trash card for dweebs, and I can’t wait for Murderous Rider to enter the format so her reign of terror will be over.

Are you sure you know how to target her with removal, it seems problematic so far

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

No Wave posted:

Targeting narset with removal seems unprofitable

Narset's an absurdly powerful (and unfun) card, if you're going to have a problem with a card existing in this standard it's a pretty good pick.

I was mostly just picking on him for being unable to deal with the oppressiveness of Narset

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

No Wave posted:

"narset's not even that good a card"

No one said that.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

kater posted:

3 mana Planeswalkers are a drat plague it don't matter which one we are talking about.

nah they are cool and good

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lone Goat posted:

eagerly anticipating another post where you complain about having lost 20 straight games in the casual queue

Not that person, but I made a Selesnya Wolves tribal deck that has some teeth. Not top tier, but it doesn't lose constantly either

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sinteres posted:

They changed the catch up event:

Up to 3 wins. 2 losses allowed.
50xp
150xp
250xp

As someone at level 95 now, who should be able to hit 100 by the end, this poo poo kind of sucks and I think this is the last time I buy the pass unless they revamp it

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sinteres posted:

I'm genuinely looking forward to the day that MTGO dies to see if they feel pressure to add more of its features to Arena to make it up to the three people still playing there.

The absolute poo poo storm caused by people losing their "value" is imo the only reason they keep it running. Also, it'll be glorious when it finally happens

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I think you'll find that at 2 mana, Lucky Clover is too slow

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Arglebargle III posted:

Imagine a vampire losing a fight with a bird. This game is insane.

You joke but freemagic is insanely mad that the queen is a 3/3 because "A loving grizzly bear is 2/2." Note that she is a woman of color and they've never ever been bothered by P/T in comparison to a Grizzly Bear before this moment

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BrianBoitano posted:

Come to think of it, they should put Sorcerous Spyglass in the 2020 standard event since it's getting reprinted :colbert:

I'm more annoyed there isn't an option to get 20 gems when i pull one since I have 4 already and have ZERO use for 4 more

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Need some Gilded Geese for sure

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
In theory I like Goose more than Llanowar Elves in most situations, because early game you can use it like a BoP for a turn, which starts getting your board established. That's generally what you want LE for anyhow, and unlike LE, it's not a dead draw later in the game

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I just looked at the set and there's exactly one Wolf card, unless I'm missing something.

I will probably still try to brew a Tolsimir/Arlinn deck

I actually made this in Selesnya a couple months back and it was pretty decent. Unfortunately, I think that black cars that -3s a creature type kills it dead

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

E2M2 posted:

drat so I took a break because I started playing Persona 5. Looks like I gotta grind out 20 levels by the 26th?

You'll just never see the Chandra sleeves comin

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Squinky v2.0 posted:

oko is my least favorite card in the set by a mile

do not want to play with this card, do not want to play against this card, not in constructed, and certainly not in limited

if you're gonna be an insurmountable advantage engine at least have the decency to end the game quickly

I have no earthly idea why the 3/3 transform is a plus and not a minus 1

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Went 1-2 drop in the event. Standard is very dumb atm

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I hate this standard because between Field and Cavalcade decks, there is absolutely no room for bullshit gimmick decks, and Eldraine is full of potential for said bullshit gimmick decks

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

No Wave posted:

before we go overboard keep in mind this deck was balanced last set. Aggro being especially weak is more the culprit than field is (though aggro being weak is absolutely something they knew was coming)

Cards that existed last standard that rotated out:
Alpine Moon
Field of Ruin
Blood Sun

Saying "The card was balanced last set" is meaningless when every good answer to it rotated

Also LOL at "Aggro being weak" Cavalcade is insanely fast

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kin33 posted:

I wouldn't mind seeing Field of the Dead as a restricted card if Wizards would ever do that in Standard.

Field always should have been legendary. It's a field that zombies just pop out of, are there lots of those through the Multiverse?

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Time posted:

It’s also insanely bad

Lol okay

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Time posted:

It literally wins 42% of its games in mythic. That’s bad

In the highest level of competition you say

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Interestingly I think it would have been fine if they hadn't rotated out literally every good piece of non-basic hate.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
"My favorite game was smashing two busted rear end decks together for 55 draws" is one hell of a take

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Eej posted:

That's because mono blue hasn't been a deck in Standard for almost a decade but you only started playing Magic via MTGA and somehow consider yourself an expert

Lol Mono blue was a deck like 4 months ago

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Eej posted:

Yes the implication is that he played Mono Blue before rotation and is wondering why it doesn't work anymore when Mono Blue is a very rare Standard archetype but all of his Magic experience is from 4-10 months ago but thanks for making me explain it!!

you're welcome for my questioning of your statement!!

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hey he meant the 10 years BEFORE the last year which was clear in his language because

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Also wasn't Monoblue a thing in Theros, a far cry from a decade ago?

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hammer Bro. posted:

Guys I solved the problem of Golos Field. The solution was so simple it came to me in a dream:

2x Revenge of Ravens.

I'm sure it's too slow/inconsistent but I kinda wanna make a Dmir duplicator deck with that as the anti-Field win condition.

No idea what the other win condition is but I bet I could burn some wildcards on jankbrew.

2 Ethereal Absolutions also but drat they are expensive at 6

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I found this deck last night and it's amazing against Golos, and most of the rest of the field I have been facing

https://app.cardboard.live/shared-deck/d7cc0ef4-ebfb-11e9-9cde-12e7b5d8b110?channel_id=135900619&partner_id=theasianavenger_135900619

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

resistentialism posted:

How do you work around not being able to root snare and counter when you have rule of law out?

Nothing Fields is going to cast needs a counter more than you need to root snare. You eventually get a Teferi trigger on a Time Wipe and take back tempo

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Say what you will, Monoblue is leagues ahead of complexity and decision making compared to red's "Play cavalcade and turn creatures sideways"

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Borrower is such a bad Mythic. It would be a good rare

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

cams posted:

they're not banning anything, and instead are just doing emergency reprints of strip mine, wasteland, and stone rain

From the Vault: Fracking

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zyla posted:

i have never seen nor played a successful self-mill jace win

Kethis Combo in the last standard was a very effective deck that milled with Jace for the win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zyla posted:

how does a questing beast even hold a sword anyway

My headcanon on Equipment has always been that the Equip cost is actually reforging and then binding the equipment into a form the particular Creature can use. IE re-forging Embercleave magically into steel claws or a steel mouthgard so the QB can wield it