Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

axeil posted:

Just from knowing how probability works you can tell this event would be miserable to play, I'm really not sure what people were expecting. It's also lol that they made the reward 200 xp instead of 250.

Only 2 more weeks till rotation, thank god.

I'm glad they made it didn't make it 250 just so I could get rid of the "extra" 150xp I had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Anybody else have their daily quest progress stop updating?

Edit: I'm stuck on 18/20 red or green spells casted, not the rewards for daily wins.

pyrotek fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Sep 26, 2019

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

RIP to the half-pack I thought I could grind out before the update.

I just know it would have contained the half-card that would have turned me into a good player.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

I got 20 duplicates out of 52 rares/mythics from my packs. That seems like a lot?

I'm not complaining, I got a lot of duplicates of cards I wanted. It just seemed strange to open so few packs but keep seeing the same rares/mythics.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

pyrotek posted:

I got 20 duplicates out of 52 rares/mythics from my packs. That seems like a lot?

I'm not complaining, I got a lot of duplicates of cards I wanted. It just seemed strange to open so few packs but keep seeing the same rares/mythics.

https://twitter.com/MTG_Arena/status/1177617899269361664?s=20

I guess I was right.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Rhaegar posted:

Wow how would they compensate for collation issues? I assume give affected players a percentage of their opened packs as rare and mythic wild cards?

Hearthstone had a very similar problem with one set and they gave everyone packs equal to 1/3 of what they opened. I’d hope for something around that, whether through gold or packs (or gems if we are very lucky).

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

https://twitter.com/mtg_arena/status/1177665128193351681?s=21

The issue has been resolved! There is no issue!

I don’t believe that for a second, but I’m sure they decided that since they have duplicate protection as mentioned above, it isn’t worth admitting. That argument has merit.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

ex post facho posted:

this deck is absurd

4 Blood Crypt
8 Swamp (339)
9 Mountain (343)
1 Fabled Passage
2 Castle Locthwain
4 Gutterbones
4 Rotting Regisaur
4 Spawn of Mayhem
4 Knight of the Ebon Legion
4 Bonecrusher Giant
4 Murderous Rider
4 Robber of the Rich
4 Stormfist Crusader
4 Fervent Champion

I went 9-3 in the event with this deck. Not bad. Almost every single win was close, and the losses were blowouts.

Too bad I need 21 rares for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

zoux posted:

They said in the last state of - that they were working on 4 player formats, but yeah, I don't exactly see how that works in terms of just screen real estate

Same as now, but with the other player's hands on the left and right, and click on the hand to see that player's board?