Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Sarsapariller posted:

Also if you find things funny enough to c/p from here and attribute to yourself at least pay the ten bucks to turn off the profanity filter, drat
Gently caress you!

edit: this taxxe search turns out a lot different without the profanity filter let me tell ya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7bMjMJdCl0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Foo Diddley posted:

p sure that it was some Reddit guy and not a goon, because

Maybe the goon deliberately logged out to capture the filters and frame the innocent redditors!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Legendary for its impact on the Spanish revolution, none can doubt the power of the dreaded "False Goon Operation".

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Facebook Aunt posted:

Maybe the goon deliberately logged out to capture the filters and frame the innocent redditors!

Oh man, that's fukken nefarious *takes notes*

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/1177383895873900544

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Popete posted:

Better yet, just don't post on Reddit!

:same:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Foo Diddley posted:

p sure that it was some Reddit guy and not a goon, because

Stolen goon valor.

Edit: Also too immature to handle a sausage.

Hav fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 27, 2019

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Hav posted:

Stolen goon valor.

Um excuse me but it's signal boosting

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

git Goon Uncertainty and Doubt

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

In protest of this heinous theft I will be posting very poorly until my stolen valour is returned to me

You may not notice much of a difference but rest assured I am really half-assing it

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
In solidarity I too will post very poorly.

You will not notice any difference.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Sarsapariller posted:

In protest of this heinous theft I will be posting very poorly until my stolen valour is returned to me

You may not notice much of a difference but rest assured I am really half-assing it
What you should do is turn the tables on them by make those bad posts on reddit

The double dutch goon chocolate feint I believe it is called

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Popete posted:

And my shitposts!

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Quavers posted:

3.7 Evocati Patch Notes https://pastebin.com/axWeLRy0
Players may crash when changing hair back to original when using the character customizer.

This is loving amazing.

Edit: When the "player crashes" does the game keep running without them? I bet it does.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Still makes me chuckle when redditors and the defenders of CI(not g) continue to get all bent out of shape about dev times, and they still don't understand that in almost every other game that is at year 8 in it's life they are generally complete experiences and there's very few occurances of "oh this is just teir 0 implimentation of this basic feature since its early days in our awful engine that we are trying to make do things it's terrible at". But nope, and this is what really waxes my windshield, in SC-land this stupid poo poo gets defended like it's normal for a start up dev company to have no marketable loving products after 8 years and still be somehow in business. :D

C'mon Citizens, stop grinning smugly from ear to ear while eating the poo poo they leave floating in the bowl and flush it for once, they're wiping their rear end with your money and you're bragging about sniffing their fingers.

(Mini-meltdown complete :woop: )

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LOL. Imagine that, people who backed a game are wanting to know about a release date. Who would have thought!?

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Remember when the faithful said that goons got salty and refunded SC because CR wasn't making the game they wanted?

Anyone else think, with the design of the game (such as it is), it seems like they are aiming for a game goons might actually enjoy?

Travel choke points. Being able to drag people out of QT. Plenty of opportunties for salt generation. Gameplay designed on teamwork/groups, where solo players are likely to struggle.

If SC ever releases, and if they continue like this, i fully expect to see goonswarm playing this game for the lulz.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Maybe medical gameplay was just a dumb idea in the first place?

Maybe SC should be just a game and not a real life simulator?

I wonder if he considers how many people will actually enjoy sitting around doing nothing while Dr. SirMuchALot is diddling with their dead body?

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sarsapariller posted:

* Oh now Jared is talking and he has loving "Producer" in his title.

He's certainly a producer.... of a constant stream of bullshit.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Oh come on. Is this the best screenshots they could take?
Those dead eyes are killing me.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Sarsapariller posted:

These weekly videos are not only tedious and awful to watch, they're just so pointless.

Anything remotely interesting is relegated by Chris to the CIG Skunkworks, only to be revealed at the next big demo-slash-sale. They aren't allowed to talk about any of the poo poo they're actually working on, so why even bother to make the loving show? While they were going on and on about caves, they were clearly doing final polish on this brand-new spaceship. The weeks before that, they were all-hands-on-deck for the minelayer or what the gently caress ever. Why not, I don't know, talk about the mechanics that you actually intend to release soon in the weekly videos you produce?

It feels like they Chris actively detests the fans at this point. Like he's working really hard to show them as little of the actual development going on in his studios as possible. I know the thread's going to come in and knee-jerk "That's because there is no development" but there clearly is, there's obviously stuff that they work on year-round for the big ships and major demos or whatever. But they aren't allowed to talk about it. It's so loving weird.

Yu jst dn't nderstnd gme dvlpment.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Quavers posted:

Noooo, you misunderstand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2Cf-6vKVWg

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Can I customize my commando to be wearing a creepy big bunny mask.

Asking for a friend.

ps I can send you the mask to model it. But I'll need it back afterwards.

AbstractNapper fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Sep 27, 2019

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Agony Aunt posted:

Remember when the faithful said that goons got salty and refunded SC because CR wasn't making the game they wanted?

Anyone else think, with the design of the game (such as it is), it seems like they are aiming for a game goons might actually enjoy?

Travel choke points. Being able to drag people out of this QT. Plenty of opportunties for salt generation. Gameplay designed on teamwork/groups, where solo players are likely to struggle.

If SC ever releases, and if they continue like this, i fully expect to see goonswarm playing this game for the lulz.

Kind of a moot point but j4g is not allowed sorry

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sabreseven posted:

Still makes me chuckle when redditors and the defenders of CI(not g) continue to get all bent out of shape about dev times, and they still don't understand

Dude, they understand perfectly, that's why they rush to "defend" the game in those discussions. It's not to convince others but themselves.

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Popete posted:

CIG hanging around conventions and passing it off like they're attending as a Dev company is still probably my favourite part of this whole thing, it's just so sad.

To be fair, they are meeting in a bar near the twitch thing, not claiming they're going to be as devs at the twitch thing (at least it appeared so from that tweet?). Unless they go to the twitch thing giving away stuff and evading security, which they already did, so I don't know what was my point :downs:

Sabreseven posted:

I think either Sirmunchedalot doesn't understand what a computer game is, or he's in massive need of some sort of procedure to repair that brain of his.

Don't worry Sirmunchkin I can explain this criminal 'GAMEPLAY' thing to you, CI(not g) have you covered with a 15 minute cooldown timer on criminals and other naughty people, if they managed to survive that long without getting popped by evryone else the criminal stat is erased so they can continue to PLAY the GAME, if they die in that 15m window then they respawn so the can continue to PLAY the GAME! I hope this helps you understand that its a game and not good for gameplay to do a lovely "Law and Order" episode in it every time someone ganks a commando. :thumbsup:

I know this is CIG, but why not respawn with your crime stat unchanged at some "pirate base" or some poo poo. What is the point of 15m waiting game if you can just get killed and respawn without crime stat.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

A single player game made by Chris Roberts on a game engine that was already developed with the full backing and support of the backers and Crytek. (the multiplayer was a stretch goal)

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Popete posted:

What is posting anyway?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

commando in tophat posted:

To be fair, they are meeting in a bar near the twitch thing, not claiming they're going to be as devs at the twitch thing (at least it appeared so from that tweet?). Unless they go to the twitch thing giving away stuff and evading security, which they already did, so I don't know what was my point :downs:

I know this is CIG, but why not respawn with your crime stat unchanged at some "pirate base" or some poo poo. What is the point of 15m waiting game if you can just get killed and respawn without crime stat.

Supposedly at some later date death will be more meaningful.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
CitizenCon is soon, yeah?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Sometime around October, yeah.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

got pushed back two months to November 23

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

90 days tops!

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

god that is the most star citizen thing

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

There's two new spaceships in Rebel Galaxy Outlaw. $0 each.

Crazy!

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hannibal Rex posted:

Crazy!

Scary! How do they make money?

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Hannibal Rex posted:

Crazy!

I sure hope it is luxury yacht and tugboat

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Hannibal Rex posted:

Crazy!

I like to think that RGO is the product of a reddit fight of a sane backer (when there was such a thing, years ago) with a Citizen dolt whereby, the backer was asking about the delays, feature creep and huge derail off the original vision, and the dolt basically told him that this isn't how game development works, and that they should develop their own Star Citizen game if they think it's that easy.

And then they did. And it's better and closer to Privateer than anything CIG will eventually dump on the commandos laps.

But they can't rub it in the face of said dolt, due to marketing reasons and showing a good face to the community.

But I can. In your face Fartisce ! Ha!

AbstractNapper fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Sep 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Burp