Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Jobbo_Fett posted:

His watch has more charisma than he does. Chris is anti-charisma.

Chris has exactly the kind of charisma that works on the kinds of people that are super invested in SC.

By which I mean he has slightly more than the cultists, but since they have none themselves it LOOKS like he possesses infinite amounts to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Mirificus posted:

"There needs to be enough players with entry level ships so that they see it as a positive and privilege to be invited to work on my larger ship and become part of my crew. Their reward (apart from wages) will be to explore and adventure in places they would never survive solo. All in all it's a win win situation to own and crew a larger ship which will then be part of a fleet."

This is the part that gets me every time.

These people think that once this game goes live, people are going to beg for the privilege of being on the crew of their Big Boy ship. Instead of realizing that loving no one is going to have any interest in doing that.

It'll just be a universe full of libertarian kingpins in their megayachts sitting around wondering where all the peasants are.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Ah yes, social tastes. Definitely an area I trust the intuitive judgement of Citizens implicitly.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Is "very mature, big picture thinkers" the new "stable genius"?

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
I haven't checked on this dumpster fire in over a year but I'm seeing blogs about it everywhere now. Are we in the End Times of CIG as the prophecy foretold?

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Hell we used to have a prediction thread back when SC was its own subforum about when CIG would go under.

I think I picked *2017*.

At this point I want this shambling corpse to go on for as long as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Mr.PayDay posted:

The new SC trailer looks amazing.

https://youtu.be/AEkNQVWkgpc

Only 1 planet tho.

Edit: Did not take much time to find the first jab at Scam Citizen in the comment section
:gary:

Somebody show this to croberts so he can pull another total restart to catch up.