Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeond
Oct 16, 2008

Please give generously to The League for Fighting Chartered Accountancy, 55 Lincoln House, Basil Street, London, SW3.

Hav posted:

Edit: Yakuza 0: My hot take. The opposite of fidelity is really goddamned entertaining. I will never be good at dancing.

Yakuza 0 is incredibly good but the final two dance battle substories are nearly impossible and Miracle's second substory is even harder. I somehow managed to beat Isobe by 60 points but resorted to cheat engine after twenty attempts at beating Ogita. Thankfully beating Miracle is not necessary to complete the substory and Kiryu accepted that he'd never beat the king of pop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeond
Oct 16, 2008

Please give generously to The League for Fighting Chartered Accountancy, 55 Lincoln House, Basil Street, London, SW3.

Quavers posted:

Our absent friend Melvin has been playing Elite lately, but struggles with the lack of Pay2Win when fighting difficult, high-ranked NPCs:

:saddowns:

Engineering in Elite can be tedious but not as bad as Mervin makes it sound. I think the FF he mentions is Felicity Farseer which is the engineer that works on ship thrusters and FTL drives. A well kitted Asp Explorer can make the run from Sol to Maia to pick up the item she needs to get started and from Maia to her location in ~40 jumps. Easily doable in a longish evening if you don't stop to explore.

As for materials, they're mostly easily found in signal sources and just driving around planets. There is one additional type of material that seems harder to find but I found it easily accessible by scanning FSD wakes around the nav beacon present in any inhabited star system.

Edit: The game also introduced material brokers a few months ago so now you can trade up or down if you have some of right type of materials but are short on the specific tier needed.

Zeond fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Nov 27, 2019

Zeond
Oct 16, 2008

Quavers posted:

:reddit: The elevators take away from the scale, even tough they are greate from a gameplay perspective

So something that i have noticed when playing is the fact that the moving around with the elevators really takes away from the scale of the buildings and stations. Simply having a set of stairs between the floors of the habitations buildings, taking the stairs down to my friends hab instead of the super speed elevator, perhaps making a set of stairs with window on walls?

The same i feel when moving around from landingsplass in the new stations, you see that you have moved 1,5 KM from your ship in 10 secounds , but not being able to see or feel the distance really makes it all seem smaller.

really hope that there eventually will be more walk areas. say when you select the wrong hangar in lorville, or dont remember which hangar your ship is spawn in, and being able to walk over to the next hangar to get to your ship would really make the world feel bigger.

Im not against the speed of the elevators / transit system, but kinda wish that there will be alternative ways to get from A to B.

:sad:

Stairs in a game where repeated running, jumping or crouching will quickly give you a fatal heart attack. Immersive gameplay is in.

Also, something something, the terrible secret of space. Only goons will know the answer when they're asked if they have stairs in their game.

Zeond
Oct 16, 2008

I really enjoyed RGO but did wait for it to be released on Steam before I got it. Don't have anything against epic but prefer to deal with a single games library.

One thing that did sour me on the game is that it has a hidden difficulty modifier which is based on total wealth, not equipped ship/items, so if you play a lot of missions, upgrade your equipment and build up cash, the game becomes punishingly difficult. I had to get rid of nearly 2M credits in cash to be able to beat the last few storyline missions.