Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

why do all the spacesuits in this game look like they were ripped directly from mass effect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

My favorite thing about the new thread so far- random goons stumbling in and saying "holy poo poo, is this for real?!?"

2nd favorite thing- Tane

p sure this is celery man

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

it’s funny that the whole ‘twist’ of the commercial involves them referring to the ship as masculine which is only done in the case of very specific ships like tugboats and most definitely not luxury yachts

i mean granted this is supposed to be in the far future but id prefer to believe they are just dumb and ignorant of convention

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

lol did I just read someone earnestly post that there’s no overlap between the alt right and gamers

what the hell is this game doing to poor goons minds

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

idk if it’s been posted itt but the saddest/most infuriating star citizen thing I’ve seen was a cap of a forums post where the poster was clearly having a problem with impulse control/addiction to buying spaceship jpegs and I think said something about it seriously affecting his finances, it seemed kind of like a cry for help and the first loving reply was a mod or some other shill telling him to drown his sorrows by buying more spaceship jpegs.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

what are the little grey ships next to the forums names, do they show what you’ve bought

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

counterpoint:

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

lmao are they really calling the in game media entity the spectrum

do these people have any self or societal awareness

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

4th Stimpire Queen posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Video Games > Star Citizen: made pregnant with expectation by Chris Roberts

e: bonus in-game screenshot

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Sep 26, 2022

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

"Alpha 4.0" lmao

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

4th Stimpire Queen posted:

OT but putting this here since citizens just love making GBS threads on Cyberpunk every time they can.
How many daily players did SC have again?

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1582742974839934977?s=20&t=kTVLsfZs4TlSjf0pgiVX1g
I got a ps5 recently and bought cyberpunk kind of on a whim without much in the way of expectations given the state of it on launch and I've honestly been blown away, it's a great game.

Maybe in another twenty years star citizen will be too!!!!!

lol it won't

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Virtual Captain posted:

https://twitter.com/SandiRoberts42/status/1601261189656285184

They're pre-filming CitizenCon2023 a year early? looooool

edit: Sandi just confirmed in Twitter DMs :trustme:

Lmao at that studio

Star citizen is almost literally an evangelical megachurch that sells digital spaceship models instead of salvation

The rapture is just around the corner, we promise!

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I love the photoshopped on star citizen logos on the gear; is there even an organization in game called star citizen??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Lol PEScat is 61, he will never live to see star citizen release