Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

I mean thats sad but we just had a post a few weeks ago about a SC backer getting his friend to take out a loan from his credit union to buy the 890....

No, his friend wanted to do it and he told him not to and how stupid it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

What does your heart tell you?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

Vomiting is a sign of fidelity.

:hmmyes:

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

eonwe posted:

whats this game

It's about inevitable consequences.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

trucutru posted:

Wank pod millions of miles away.

But you can buy a ship with a medical area which serves a spawn point.

Mind you, those ships with spawn points do not exist yet.

But you can buy them!

They should be flyable soon.

Mind you, the spawn point tech requires them to finish the next version of "persistence"

So buy one.

I completely forgot that this was a thing they sold. How long ago was that? Three years?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

quote:

“a working prototype that looks, in a word, spectacular!”
Chris Roberts

fuckin lol

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

:clint:

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Anyone have a list or chart or something of ships that were sold but still aren't in the game yet? A buddy was asking me about it.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Thank you kind sir.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

This is an excellent game by the way, but you can only legally buy boxed copies because Microsoft bought Lionhead Studios and for some reason refuses to sell the game as a digital download.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Inacio posted:

that desert mission where there's a gutted ship in the dunes with a bandit base and a huge sandworm isn't even in the game, is it?

nope

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Doc M posted:

I honestly don't know a lot about Star Citizen except that it's a vaporware clownshow, so I came here to figure out what was going on with the DF video. I thought DF was better than this. :sigh:

Whether they got paid for it or the insane fanboy on the staff did the advertising for free, they're still signal-boosting this loving trainwreck -- conveniently right before Citizencon, which I didn't know was a thing -- and that really is a pretty big blow to their credibility no matter how you look at it.

Yeah, I ended up unsubbing from their channel over this because I won't be able to take anything they say seriously now. Pretty incredible for a group of people who seem to pride themselves on doing deep analyses of games.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

no_recall posted:

Well, in their defense, though they don't really bench PC games cause different setups provide different results, and there's no proper baseline to test with. Normally they do deep dives into how games on different consoles stack up against each other and maybe vs ultra graphics on the PC.

Uh, benchmarks with frametime analysis is one of the main things they do in their videos.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Like, they specifically do it in a lot of the videos where they're showing how the visuals stack up on different consoles and their PC ports.

e: Here's one from a week ago where they test Epic vs. Steam versions of Arkham Knight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia0s959QMew

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Oct 18, 2019

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

So, you're regular voice?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Norefund14days posted:

Been away since I gots my refund. Is the game out or is it still three weeks to release?

It's down to two weeks.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Buck up kiddo. Soon you can be the rich rear end in a top hat in the space yacht. All you have to do is successfully complete the mission 5,000 times in a row, assuming you get those 30 kills every single time.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Sarsapariller posted:

I like that the most engaging part of each thumbnail is the text.

Brown, helmet guy, brown, gun, brown, "WORLD RECORD EPIC KILL RAID"

Personally, I like that the viewership falls off a cliff whenever it's not a Star Citizen video and even those videos are only half the views they were just a month ago. gently caress that guy.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

nawledgelambo posted:

also for a refresher shapcap was the one who made some fisher price cosplay and was the volunteer autist who was directing traffic and telling people their time was up taking pictures on it for the lifesize dragonfly they brought last year and no, he wasn't being paid for it

I don't know why I think thats funny

Because it is funny that he's such a bitch loser.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

So, is there a summary post of what happened at Citcon that someone can link me to? I want a quick laugh and don't have time to read 1k posts at the moment.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

I did and there's nothing on it aside from a mosaic that i have zero context for?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Scruffpuff posted:

Someone slipped this into the mosaic:

:five:

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Quavers posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va1XZbkCOBA

The second of the week's Fake Jeremy Clarkson videos, and the series has already outstayed its welcome :ughh:

Jesus, these people are completely creatively bankrupt. Like, that's literally just fake Jeremy Clarkson. They copied most of his face, clothing, his paunch, even his loving laugh. And then they went ahead and put the Stig in there too as if it wasn't already obvious enough. Chris has never had a single imaginative thought in his entire life.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

zebedy posted:

I mean, ripping off TopGear is explicitly the point. It's supposed to be 'totally epic' so that the German dad-gamers can write "that's why I love this company xD" in youtube comments

Yes, but you're supposed to make subtle nods to the thing you're copying, not just reproduce a near exact copy of it. I'm one of those people who loves Top Gear and this piece of poo poo ad had me groaning the whole way through.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

SoftNum posted:

WHy is the sun all distorted and oblong?

Could be the FoV.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Fumble posted:

Put the aio in the front of the case with the fans pulling air through it into the case, and the fans at the back and top blowing out.

Agreed about the AIO but I'm not sure the fans at the top of the case are even necessary. They're lowering the amount of positive pressure in the case and could actually be making the airflow worse. Higher positive pressure would force air out of the top vents anyway. The main drawback to higher positive pressure is that more dust gets in so the inside of the PC has to cleaned more often. But how difficult is it really to pop off the side panel and spray some air duster for about 20 seconds once every 2-3 months?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

E: thought I was in the Stadia thread for some reason

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jan 8, 2020

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Danknificent posted:

There *have* to be some (relatively) normal people who play Star Citizen. Guys who like space games, paid 45 dollars or whatever and put a few hours in here and there. From what I can see there is a semi-playable thing now that someone with an open mind and the thought that 'it'll be better when it's done' could get some enjoyment out of.

It is *weird* to me that there isn't a guy like that in this thread to say something like: "Yeah, there's been a lot of bonkers stuff obviously, but it's got some neat stuff, and it'll be cool if they keep making it better,"

I get that this is SA and everything, but there should be some normal people. I mean, this thread is obviously not pro-Star Citizen, but that wouldn't keep me from posting here if I was that guy. I'd say "Yeah, it's nuts, but I have fun with it. Look at these cool screenshots of my ship and my gun."

It's just weird that we seem to have the scam camp and the cult camp and nothing in between.

Are there no moderate SC players? Do they exist, just not here? Or is the current PU bad enough that the only people who will play it regularly are the sunk cost/really want it to be good types?

edit: someone spot me a tax, the Keith David cat from Coraline if possible

The reasonable people don't get quoted here because it'd be boring.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Wait, is that one of the Heaven's Gate victims?

Did someone turn a photo of an actual corpse into a meme?

Hello, you must be new to SA. May I suggest that you acquaint yourself with the forums at large? I'm sure the fine posters of FYAD GBS will take good care of you and make sure that you feel right at home.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

So, I skipped a few pages because no way was I going to read office dress code chat. Has anyone mentioned that Digital Foundry's resident cultist released another Star Citizen video?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Seemed appropriate for this thread.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Beet Wagon posted:

He's not. He used to be an MWO guy, I think he was one of the guys who ran his unit, which coincidentally enough was the "Eridani Light Pony Mercenary Corporation" which is where the logo on his hat comes from (The name itself is a modification of the Eridani Light Horse Brigade or battalion or whatever the gently caress they were called in the lore)

He has been photographed many, many times in bunny versions of cosplay of various other characters. I had a picture of him dressed up as a bunny Geordi LaForge hanging around for a while but I don't remember where and honestly I do not want to do any deeper of a dive on him than this because duh

Here you go:

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

akkristor posted:

I've had the same HDD for my desktop over 3 rebuilds and 12 years.

I have a SSD for Steam.

:same:

10 years and on the third build with a Seagate HDD but I also have a SSD for OS and one for games.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Play posted:

My computer can play just about any game at max settings but no loving way am I gonna subject it to that

Same. I just did a clean install of Windows a couple months ago and am not willing to do it again for this dumpster fire.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

isaboo posted:

I had a plumber come work on something today, and the subject of gaming came up. I asked what he played, and he could barely wait to blurt out STAR CITIZEN!!!!

I told him I had never met anyone in real life who played it, but I know about its history and all the promises and bugs (from reading this thread). He looked confused and said it's totally awesome. I asked how much money he had spent and he said "a bit more than one thousand bucks". I then asked what kind of gaming rig he has and he said "Alienware!!!!" I'm not sure, but I've always assumed Alienware stuff is just marked up and a comparable machine can built for much less.

So to me it sounded like he's throwing money away on two fronts. He tried to get me to buy in right then and there, pointing to the $70 "pledge" or whatever the gently caress it is. I told him I'd consider (lol, lmao).

I Was curious about the game's state so I looked up some youtube vids and the very first thing I saw in a random clip was a spaceship crashed into a tree, and the pilot clipping out of it.

I hope his plumbing business is going well.

Alienware is overpriced garbage yeah. You're massively overpaying for the brand and aesthetic. Not only can you get a comparable machine for much, much less, it also won't thermal throttle your components to a performance level that's a tier or more below what you actually paid for like the Alienware will.

Here is a review from Tech Jesus of a $5k Alienware PC: The Worst Pre-Built We've Ever Reviewed: Alienware R13 $5000 Gaming PC Benchmarks

The $670 12900K getting the same performance as a $470 12700k.

e: Their monitors are generally quite good but it makes sense that they would make good monitors and lovely PCs as they are a subsidiary of Dell.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Oct 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

holtemon posted:

Star Citizen adjacent story incoming

I got Star Wars: Squadrons forever ago during a free giveaway (Epic store I think) and finally got around to trying to play it. Go to load it from Epic and then it opens up EA Launcher. From EA Launcher it comes back with some kind of Easy Cheat popup box and then closes itself out from there. The workarounds to get it to open range from editing the registry to disabling the anti-virus but there is no real solution I could find. I just ended up uninstalling it. I just wanna click Play and play a game, it's not 1997 anymore I shouldn't have to do all this nonsense to load a game lol

Anyway thanks EA

Just catching up on this thread and this post is a couple weeks old so apologies if someone else has already mentioned this. I'm not 100% certain this is the problem but I've played several games with Easy Anti-Cheat and sometimes it doesn't install correctly when a game tries to auto-install it and you need to do it manually by going to the EasyAntiCheat folder inside the game's directory.