Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Dogeh posted:

This IS the game.
You choose a side.
If you go with "Backers" side, you have to buy a jpeg or the $27,000 completionist package.
If you go with "Dead Gay Comedy Forums", you have to mercilessly follow and harass the "Backers" until they refund or complain bitterly about it in :reddit:.

The only winner is Chris Roberts' bank account.

Maybe Star Citizen is the bitter enemies we made along the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Release date delays are like a cat. You can have a cat. But if you have 100 cats? That’s a lot of cats.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Popete posted:

Is there anything special about the Carrack? I know it's supposed to do "exploration" but it looks about the same as any other ship in this game.

I would imagine some of the hype is the naive expectation that putting a ship centered around a mechanic into the game will be directly linked to that mechanic also being launched. This is always wrong but I would bet it's still always something they believe.

Also re: persistence, I'm going to play the Star Citizen ARG of theorycrafting for a bit just for fun. What if they're putting persistence in now so they can quietly slide ship loss persistence in. One day they just announce that anyone without insurance has to re-buy destroyed ships. Maybe they're scraping the bottom of that funding barrel and the only way they can think of to really get a money infusion is forcing everyone without insurance to rebuy ships they already bought constantly. They could even set up a little pretend 'oh if your ship was destroyed by a bug instead of normal gameplay please contact these folks for a refund' thing just like what they have for the game refunds and then make sure they never get processed.

I want this to happen because in my imaginary version of events this would be the last, desperate straw that would shatter the community, leaving no one but the insurance-havers who would go down with the sinking ship, cursing the cowards who fled and blaming the final failure of the game on them.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
My name is Zak Bangel (Carrier)
I never believed in goons until I became face to face with one
Now, armed only with a trillion dollars and a sexy bear
I’ve set out to capture proof of their rubbing
RAW
(“Stop! Stop FUDding!”)
EXTREME
(“Something just strangled me!!”)

These are my Goonst Adventures