Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

Daztek posted:

hi chris, my box keeps falling through the floor of my ship

No problem! All fixed now!
https://i.imgur.com/IEVPGoG.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

Thank god there's an arrow in the thumbnail to show me where the explosion is. I'd never have seen it otherwise. However I feel like I need to see Rexzilla's gurning face on there too to know they're having fun.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Hav posted:

Moray, from the original Elite, was submersible as well as space-faring.

I’m waiting for the space farms for the space claims. The space claim space jumpers space wildcatting space minerals, leading to rootin tootin space cowboys, but in a twilight of the Roman Empire way.

If i was a braver person, I’d have emailed RSI for the price of a license to build a themed mobile game. I cannot fathom why they haven’t grouped off a couple of mobile bullshit games to leverage eyes.

Edit: Yakuza 0: My hot take. The opposite of fidelity is really goddamned entertaining. I will never be good at dancing.

They did that mobile map app tie-in a while back. Can't remember the name but it was pretty tenuous.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

i sent you ship pic
pls respond

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Zushio posted:

You know, I DO need a new job. CIG got any branches in Canada?

Edit: Anyone know the tea status? Not a coffee fan.

I've seen a really lovely commercial for jobs at Behavior on the metro in Montreal every day this week.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

lol get hosed star shitizen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZL5PCZO8cc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8TGT87Fxyw

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Pixelate posted:

We need some contrarian views in this thread. Isn't MoMa due for his quarterly drive by? (I'm guessing Merlin 4.0 has been delayed).

Star Citizen is unparalleled in its vision and fidelity. Nothing else even comes close. gently caress those (probably communist) console scrubs and their Dead Strangling or whatever that cartoon graphics game is called.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Anyone know how to make a deep fake? A "leaked" keynote rehearsal would be jokes.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Has anyone said Stanton Citizen yet?

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Quanta is way more flashy a term than "line in a spreadsheet"

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Iirc, Creative Assembly did the whole mid-poly geo and mesh decal thing first for Alien Isolation.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Calling it now. When Clown Emporium implement VR, they're going to fidelitize it. Like attaching two cameras to each of the avatars eyeballs, and calling it a day.

"But guys, this is why we spent all that time on this stupid unified animation set thing so you can have the most realistic portrayal of virtual reality rendering. We've called it Actual Reality because we're not relying on cheap tricks like those other VR developer hacks! Buy an Idris!"

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Quavers posted:

:reddit: Apparently Germany passed a new game fund law. Does this law apply to F42 Frankfurt?

https://twitter.com/CorneliaGeppert/status/1222620896759832576

:saddowns: I've watched the Zeit video the lady, who tweeted about this, refers to and neither SQ42 nor Star Citizen will qualify for this according to that.
This screenshot shows a little excerpt of the requirements for this particular subsidization and 4.3 is probably enough to put an end to any questions about whether this would apply to either game, which loosely translated says:
"It will not be granted to projects whose development has been started already ahead of receiving a grant to be funded by the granting authority."
They also mentioned the projects having to have a connection to the German cultural heritage, its history and to provide jobs in Germany. Two of those three are likely going to be hard to argue with these here games.
Hope this helps.

Chris waddles out in front of the camera.

"Guys it's been a tough couple years, but I'm super excited to share with you our new project, Squadron 88. Built on Unreal Engine it features a plucky squadron of navy fighters (who punch above their weight) against the evil Naa'ziii alien race. Pledge now"

zcrow
May 6, 2014

She did push the sides of Chris' neck together.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Inacio posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9IH2y44j4A

What the gently caress guys. How did these thieves steal Chris Roberts' algorithm for procedural generation of planets. This is not ok.

Btw you can fit one whole Squadron 54 in that crater :smug:

zcrow
May 6, 2014

DapperDon posted:

No, when you jump out of the seat the ship turns off.

Heh. In SC noone "jumps" out of any pilot seat. They slowly turn and drag themselves out of the chair with the grace of my arthritic grandmother.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Zushio posted:

Poutine is kinda gross.

Câliss. Bad poutine is gross, I'll give you that. But a decent bowl of poutine au boeuf braisé after a day in the snow is godly.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Taco truck ship concept sale incoming.

Alternatively if you're a space poor and can't afford one, get a role as a grill cook at a McRoberts™

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Forums > Games > Starve/Shitizen: The Inedible Consequences of Piracy

zcrow
May 6, 2014

That really sucks :smith:

Godspeed, commando o7

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Samovar posted:

What prompted the change in thread title?

Regular thread poster, DapperDon passed.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Hav posted:

Ibuprofen is good for inflammation, but they put that poo poo in everything.

Just want to point out that ibuprofen is not recommended in the case of COVID-19, at least according to Canadian health care. NSAIDs seem to make things worse. They're recommending sticking to acetaminophen for best outcomes.

zcrow fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Mar 18, 2020

zcrow
May 6, 2014

No ring.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Space N95 mask now available. $45. New money only.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Haven't read this thread since before the 'demic. Gotta say though, I do like that snowboarding penguin plush.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

The Titanic posted:

So just out of curiosity but what does snowboarding and Star Citizen even have in common? Can you actually snow board? As trademark infringing as it was, at least their star kitten nonsense was actually space-based.

If I had to guess, Chris maybe stumbled across Ring of Elysium one night and decided their space ship game needed Battle Royale on skis and snowboards.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

That reminds me. Does anyone have my Ben Lesnick Pacific Rim gif anywhere? I can't find it.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

it has been a very long time since I viewed this thread. does anyone kindly have a summary of the last 12 months? did Derek ever say anything interesting or sane?

zcrow
May 6, 2014

https://i.imgur.com/Sco5mQj.mp4

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Apparently, according to the Epic press release, 3Lateral and Cubic Motion are "now part of the Epic family". Does that mean Chris Roberts is either:

A) hosed.
or
B) Now forced to give money to Epic to make his stupid reality TV show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zcrow
May 6, 2014

to (probably incorrectly) paraphrase Einstein

"three things are infinite. the universe, human stupidity and Store Citizer's development cycle, and I'm not yet sure about the development cycle"

Haven't checked this thread in months. Is it finally coming to an end as Crobbear waddles off into the sunset with a burlap sack with a giant dollar sign on it?