Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I discovered this farce around the infamous Christmas stream where Croberts struggled to play the game he apparently was all in on. I think it’s high time we direct Greenpeace and PETA in his direction; this amount of whaling must be breaking some international treaties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

So Sandi jumped ships and the whales are still splashing around, expecting a finished product? What the Christ.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

At this point, I’m actually surprised Crobear doesn’t just flat out deny making all those ludicrous promises, evidence be damned.

It works for Trump on a daily basis.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Robber(t) Industries.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Has anyone pointed out that Croberts kind of look like a slightly younger Andrew Lloyd Webber?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

This is so pathetically sad I have a hard time processing it.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Came here after seeing the ED trailer. My guess is that the whales are a bit spooked huh?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Shitizens claiming that SW: Squadrons is good for SC down the line reminds me of Hitler in his last days before his suicide when he went “actually it’s great that the allies are leveling Berlin to the ground with nonstop artillery and air raids because that makes it so much easier to rebuild the city as Germania!”

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

loving lol at those posts shittalking lethality. How do you even become such a rube that people instantly loses faith in anything you like?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

You’d think Greenpeace would be all over Croberts and his whaling crew by now.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

It’s good to remember that the whales deserve no sympathy for their upcoming catastrophically loss of investments when CIG goes belly up.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Spectre was kind of eh. More than anything it cemented just what an outdated creepy character Bond is, Daniel Craig’s charm be dammed. It did have a real good fight scene on a train tho.

No Time To Die is a real kickass spy-film title and I’m cautiously optimistic.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Gave Everspace another shot. Once you understand how to play it, it’s actually pretty good.

But where is the “buy jpg.” feature? I can’t seem to find it.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Not to mention they are working for EA and remember: EA bad.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Mr.Tophat posted:

For me it peaked when Derek Smart got banned from SA

For me it peaked with Chris Roberts being unable to play the game he handwaved into existence on livestream, and angrily making GBS threads on the chat UI while doing so.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

CIG always delivers, just not what you paid for.

Unless you paid for unexpected hilarity, and I guess most of us here at SA did that at some point.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

In the not too distant future, shitizens will earn redditcred based under which presidential administration they first pledged.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

The developers are probably dealing with Chris much in the same way that Trump’s babysitters handle him: by straight up lying and showing him custom-made jpgs that in No way represent reality.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I hate that this is now part of human history.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

The moment anything of substance is released, the dream ends, and with that, ends the excuses.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

The one thing I hate the most with Shitizens is their arrogance and disdain for anything that isn’t touched by Croberts sweaty palms.

“Look at these simp AAA developers, making games that entertain millions across the globe without even doing something totally new and groundbreaking!” (whatever that is in this day and age.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

Don't hate it, embrace it and enjoy it.
There is a constant ticking timebomb as the sound track to their posturing, and it's the ticking of time until a grade C piece of absolute garbage gets released to the public.
It's the undeniable truth of where we are heading, straight to bargainbinsville, and it's fantastic.

You’re not wrong, and I’m gleefully waiting for that day. But at the same time, I find their constant shitposting on anything that isn’t SC to be grating.

The game I look forward to the most right now is Deathloop. Arkane Studios make great games, and Deathloop looks really cool and fun. But I know that if any of these idiots were to see a trailer for it, their takeaway would be “produced by Bethesda? Hah, look at these losers”.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I rolled my eyes pretty hard when Star Trek Discovery name dropped Musk, but it was pretty funny in hindsight after his big “rescuer diver is a pedophile” debacle.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

RDR2 is breathtakingly beautiful at times, and also manages to be a great game. Your move, Space Bear.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I mean if it looks cool it shouldn’t really have to make sense in a sci-if environment.

Croberts and the Shitizens are really digging their own graves when they keep on insisting that SC has to be the most realistic fedilistic thing in existence.

The AT-AT is objectively a stupid impractical design but it’s cool as gently caress so there you go. Slap that baby in your movie and you got something that will endure forever. But if you insist your movie is a realistic take on futuristic vehicle designs, you’re just choking yourself into producing boring stuff.

BigglesSWE fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Oct 23, 2020

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Apparently these kinds of games has a huge community. Farming Simulator in particular usually has a huge tournament on Gamescom.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

My personal favorite is Street Cleaning Simulator:

https://youtu.be/_dTcJBM2eEg

Still more functional than SC....

I’ve been going all in on Railway Empire recently. It’s weirdly fun and challenging.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

So what, they’re comparing the repeated delays of Cyberpunk to SC?

Last I checked, Cyberpunk wasn’t slinging pre-order deals to the tune of thousands of dollars, several years ago.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

WaltherFeng posted:

I think its funny how SC insists on using displays on the cockpit when even moden fighter jets have HUD integrated into the helmet so pilots can move their head freely.

WWII in space, baby!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

L. Ron Hoover posted:

Ok so if all of this is "already in the game or coming soon" and just needs some new systems "layered in" why did you have to come up with a whole long metaphor to explain it? It's in the game so it speaks for itself right?

This is truly a thing of beauty. WHY ARE THERE 2 GLASSES. WHO DARES PARTAKE IN THE SPACE WINE ON MY SHIP?! HOW DO I STOP THE LOWLY PILOT?! Oh wait maybe it's subsumption bonding :heysexy:

This reminds me of that documentary that came with the 2004 Star Wars DVD box, wherein Mark Hanukkah tells a story about how the studio men was worried when they were making the first film, that Chewbacca had no clothes on or as Hamill put it: “of all the things to worry about : The Wookiee has no pants.”

Phone decided that Hamill the first time was to be Hanukkah and who am I to judge?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I’m thankful that I, nor anyone else I know, was never fooled by this scam.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I for one would be incredibly calm if I heard the company I’ve invested thousands of dollars in starting to go all philosophical on the concepts of promise, progress and the such. Hell I’ll buy another Idris, just to signal my calmness!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

It’s so pathetically transparent how insecure he is in regards to SC. Anyone know how much he’s spent on it?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

It blows my mind that gamers are actually willing to turn sour on CDPR after all this hype yet Star Citizen endures.

Star Citizen is the Donald Trump of video games: the uselessness is stupendously obvious, yet the base swallows it whole.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

For all the poo poo about Cyberpunk 2077, last I checked, they didn’t shill out expensive deluxe packages 8 years back which are still not fully implemented.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Someone mentioned they haven’t released their Christmas content? Are they still planning to?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I’m genuinely curious: if CIG just out of nowhere stated tomorrow that “Star Citizen is done. This is it. This is the full release”, would the whales be outraged or would they quadruple down on it being an amazing product with groundbreaking X Y and U?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I feel like the only reason this great blind behemoth of a game schlogs on is that it is, all things considered, not that big of a market for these vague original IP space shooty games.
Can you imagine what it’d look like if Star Wars Squadrons’ gameplay reveal had the same air of cringe, brokenness, anguish and boredom as that legendary Christmas stream all those moons ago?

It’d be nuked from orbit by the media and meme landscape.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Whatever can be salvaged is really besides the point. The point being: they kickstarted the game eons ago and promised pretty much anything to anyone. The only thing that keeps this house of jpg.‘s from falling apart is the perpetual development cycle. If the reason you pledged 6 years ago still isn’t nowhere to be seen, don’t worry! The game is in development, they’ll get there!

I feel like taking over the development of SC at this point would be kind of like taking over the rule of
Nazi Germany in May 1945. The writing’s on the wall, pal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

The “in stock” always makes me laugh.