Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!
Sad I missed out on the closure. Not sad that I can get in at the ground floor again. How does a $4k for cyber sound?

Also, anyone else looking forward to Q1/Q2 of 2020? I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Gothsheep posted:

Star Citizen Kill On Sight list:

Doors
That anti-air truck (Stay outside of 2km while killing)
Vic's Mom (Uncredited)
Anybody with an open box on their ship
Gary Oldman's huge lips

I'm still kind of new to the garbage fire. Am I forgetting anyone?

Yay! I'm off the list!

Are we still talking about StarCitizen? Who's going to be the first to respond to me with a question asking if I get to play my game yet or whether I dropped more money into this dumpster fire?

XoXo

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

SabinBlitz posted:

Where is Squadron 42? (Technically not asking about Star Citizen!)

Waiting to release after CryTek withdraws.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Agony Aunt posted:

Well, i think there is one question that we would all like answering.

Are you Toast?

Only if I upset the GF.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

G0RF posted:

Mo-mo-mo-mo-MoMA.

"He sits in wait for months at at time,
watching a forum in a slow decline.

That MoMA.
M-O-M-A MoMaaaaaaa."

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Zzr posted:

He had his hands full with the crytek case but now that he has ortwinned them into oblivion he's back on track.

Lol, shhh!

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I think you might be misinterpreting the job title "Legal Manager". It's one that's a bit ill-defined, but I think it's generally used to mean something more akin to "Legal Assistant". I really doubt it's the person actually legally representing the company, but instead is doing a number of administrative legal tasks and such. And I don't really see how having been a makeup artist in the past should disqualify someone from that role.

I did a linkedin search on CIG as well and there's at least one person there who is their legal counsel, with an actual law degree. CIG does indeed have real lawyers.

Fact.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

I may or may not be in this photo.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Quavers posted:

Like SlingTwo said, it's a different Chris Roberts.

Oh poo poo, forum intern: they're on to us. ABORT. The path is smooth that leadeth on to danger.!!!!

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Nicholas posted:

I like how the stadia thread has their very own MoMA. so did the OUYA thread if I remember correctly.

Their own, you say? You sure it wasn't us?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!
Lol, Derek has a Discord? Oh boy...

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Popete posted:

I joined for Eve Online and then played it for like 2 weeks before giving up. Still here though.

Eve: Echoes is fun though.

But seriously, why is this thread still active? SC is a dead space game with no hope of ever seeing the light of day.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

tuo posted:

Look….I‘m quoting the poo poo out of it!

But seriously, what‘s up MoMa? Everything good on your end?

Peachy. Took advantage of recent drops in 11th gen hardware and built me a new system. I can actually semi-run SC now, but really using it for stuff like racing sims and BF, etc.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Colostomy Bag posted:

Time to bring back Uncle D.

look deep inside yourself and ask if that's something you really want for this thread

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

tuo posted:

What's your favourite sim?

I don't have a favorite yet as I'm just really getting into racing sims now. iRacing looks great, but I can see the money-sink aspect. Assetto corsa seems like something I can get into for the time being.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

tuo posted:

AC owns, yeah. Also give R3E a try, it’s an overlooked treasure imo and IIRC F2P (for couple of tracks and cars, the rest has to be bought) and they usually have pretty good Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals like “get all the content for 75% off, which is still some money…like…I guess a tonk in Star Citizen or so. Also has a pretty good VR implementation. In regard to VR, if PCars2 is on a good deal, give it a try. It’s no hardcore sim and the AI is stupid as gently caress, but the weather effects etc. are really something everyone should have experienced. Running through the night at Nords in an LMP1-coffin while a thunderstorm roars is cool.

I got AC via steam sale - like 90% off; bought Corsa and Competizione. I bought the T300rs GT racing wheel set and will be doing the Load cell upgrade on the brake. It came with iRacing sub free for one year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Gravity_Storm posted:

Good choices :) rFactor 2 is great too and has tons of free mods. Works amazing in VR too.

Thanks for the tip