Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Next Dead Space looks freaky af

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
One of the best examples of how much a lie this game is - is the sandworm. How long ago was that shown?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Agony Aunt posted:

21.4 for the UK company, so you can add another chunk for the German and US offices/companies. I wonder if that 17 million is proportional to is size in the company as a whole. Highly speculative, but if so, that would put their annual costs at close to 60 million.

You can almost smell the burn rate.

EDIT: I borked my maths. Didn't pay attention to the pounds and dollars.

Even so, its still a spicy meatball of a burn rate.

Someone want to do the correct maths?

Star Citizen = [(Chris Roberts)/0 * (Sandi)] - 300,000,000

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I wonder what Ben Lesnick, Star Citizen Community Manager(?) has to say about the financials

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/1179229390846214144

huh....

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Star Citizen: Chris didn't lie, he just mislead 8 times in a row

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Sarsapariller posted:

Hot off the refunds sub: https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/star-citizen-tiere-dung-kot-ressourcen,3349552.html

Translation:

I just... I don't even know what to say about this one.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Don't you guys know Star Citizen is pioneering one-of-a-kind video game technology such as......*checks notes*........ "inventory management"... and *squints*.... "basic multiplayer functions."

These things take time to make from scratch.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Sarsapariller posted:

job offer for like 60% of the average pay for a position

Gosh I wonder why they can't get any developers :thunk:

Uhhhh... excuse me but it's 40k PLUS access to the coffee machine. :smuggo:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I saw a video on youtube which went something like:

-5 minutes of circlejerking while a crew of five players slowly descended to an ice planet.
-10 minutes of flying around and "scanning" from some sort of laser turret. This process was made even more fidelitous by the snowstorm outside. Especially when the snow clipped through the hull of the ship and could be seen inside the cockpit.
-10 minutes of three guys breaking apart a rock with the laser.

Truly the greatest game of our time.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Well it's 2020, I was looking for S42 on STEAM and I can't find it? I figure it's on sale since it's been out for a while -is it EGS or GoG or something?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Hey are those sandworms shown in the gameplay footage *checks watch* 4 years ago in the game yet?