Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Saladin Rising posted:

Ah, apparently we have some new people in this thread, so I'd like to introduce you to Clifford aka miku aka SpearmintVR, a citizen who has spent a lot of money on Star Citizen, and is one of the few to show off the actual number. How much has he spent?

https://twitter.com/spearmintvr/status/1082723123823370240
Almost 58,000 dollars.

You know what else he could have done with all that money?
https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=514

He could have gone on a months-long cruise across the world and seen stuff that I would love to be able to experience and be jealous as gently caress about. There was another cruise that I can't find now that included dinner on a private game reserve in Africa that was also for less than he's spent on Star Citizen. Sometimes you need a sanity check to realize just how much loving money people have pissed away on a lovely pre-alpha Cryengine hack that pretends it's a space game.

my advice for this thread is to keep it more about the game and less about the private individuals supporting the game. things get weird when you start examining peoples personal lives and choices and mock that stuff instead of the bad game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

ChaseSP posted:

Croberts will accidentally create Skynet that will bring upon a nuclear holocaust in order to stop all FUD.

the only damage a skynet created by this project will do is memory leaking all of the worlds computers to death

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
What if star citizen is just a cover for p2p Bitcoin mining program that funnels everything into Chris Roberts wallet

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
has chris decided if all the rays should be traced yet? will they have to start over for that?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I'm confused is it an alpha or a mvp

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
loving the transparency of having a bunch of off shore cayman holdings doing their money shuffling

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
If they add a horse mask in and I sit at the bar with it on the bartender better fuckin ask me "why the long face?"

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i cant believe the star citizen project ultimately failed because of the coronavirus global crisis

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
lots of $1200 pledges incoming

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
The illusion of scarcity, I never thought I'd see it displayed so blatantly

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
have the bad men been sued yet?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
pretty sure its all an attempt to appeal to the blueballed firefly nerds

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
disappointing that he never cut the rock in such a way that it would fall over

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
also i'll never consider the bartender AI to be acceptable until it is able to perform the 'walking down fake stairs to get something' gag.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
they said we couldn't make bartenders and we did!

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
im left wondering what the 13% of unquality lunar eclipse drink is

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
why does bionic buzz have 5700 subscribers is the real question

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
who needs to explore space when you can just do business in space

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
are VR games even a blip in the market yet?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
have they incorporated any kind of pyramid scheme yet?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
ya know at this point im just going to root for CIG to get all the money they can from these people

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i think its funny that they can say something is x% complete, like they'd know how much correct coding will go into the thing.

actually i dont know if thats funny or not, not being a programmer

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
at this point i dont know why they dont just sneak in a bitcoin mining subroutine to take advantage of all these expensive rigs people built for this game.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Course obstacles include invisible mines and invisible bottomless pits. Maybe even invisible tractor beams!

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
who cares about a game lets get us a more immersive web browser experience!

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Golli posted:

I would be very surprised if Chris were not under a strict gag order from the money people, with a ban on video appearances and all external written communications having to be screened, edited, and approved before publication. This would help explain the weird 'voice' of his spectrum posts. It is the roar of a muzzled Crobear.

everytime he speaks freely they run the risk of more feature creep and engineering debt or whatever the terms are

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
love to see large catte having fun

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
bet you that bartender is floating a foot off the ground back there

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

3.10 he looks disappointed after he fails to drink

3.11 he looks disgusted after he fails to drink

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
imagine if he just didn't settle on using cryengine. would we have a game?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Popete posted:

I like the crowd cheering for the person walking up the jittering ramp, as if that was some big accomplishment after what they just witnessed.

they have to cheer, so they do not cry

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
if that happens i hope they market it as Star Citizen: Now without Chris Roberts!

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
are any of the actors that signed on to mocap even remotely involved in the project anymore?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I don't even remember what the correct squadron number is anymore

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Every person who sells an nft is a genius, every person who buys an nft is a moron. It's a big game of hot potato unless it perpetuates forever

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Even if you go back in time and buy up all the Bitcoin you can you might change history and prevent a big player from buying that same Bitcoin and driving the price up. You could accidentally prevent Bitcoin from ever taking off. Makes you think

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I can sort of get sunk cost getting the better of the og suckers but I don't get why new backers would get involved

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I wouldn't be surprised if they don't start offering to sell you an NFT image of your ship to commemorate the pledge you made

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
very clever of them to include a suicide button with no visual feedback upon use so any glitch death can be false flagged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Well that's one way to reduce the number of bug reports that need to be addressed