Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

PublicOpinion posted:

Has anyone here gone to a 3-2-1 Battle! show in Seattle and if so what's the parking situation like if you're coming in from out of town?

My friends run it!

Downtown Seattle is hard to park in so just keep that in mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I'm here in this thread to give all of y'all a swirly

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Santino did Bloodsport and it loving ruled.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

It was your usual transphobic bullshit about how trans women shouldn't compete with cis women because they're actually men. Worse yet, he was even talking about wrestling, where it isn't actually a competition.

drat it, MVP said the same poo poo.

Welp, nevermind.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

STORM

CRADLE

DRIVERRRR

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Shine posted:

The stomp was awful. It was a lovely "recipient holds themselves in an awkward, completely useless position for no reason other than to get hit" move.

Every Mexican has to do that move, I guess. I hate that move

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Speaking of awful WWE poo poo, remember the Minis?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

My favorite is when they grab the belt by the end and drag it. It shows they're to cool to hold it and they're just lugging it along looking for their next fight.

Brodie Lee dragged the IC belt like it was a burlap sack full of body parts.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

HHH is a dude from rich rear end part of Connecticut.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Cavauro posted:

hHh buys weird pigs and sniffs the pigs

It's not the pigs' fault.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

When was the Ciclope unmasking?

Did it happen before that?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Procrastinator posted:

I'm pretty sure I'd pick this, but I have such a huge soft spot for the MSG roh/njpw rumble. The ROH entrants all getting nothing from the crowd while the NJPW guys (fuckin all of them) got pops, capped off with the big pops for liger, haku, and keiji fuckin mutoh, makes me smile and laugh. It was mostly just a regular rumble, but I think it would be remembered better if an ROH guy didnt have to win (liger would have made such a sick random ROH title match).

Is that on New Japan world?

I guess I could just look

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Low Desert Punk posted:

could someone give a brief overview of the role of women in lucha libre in the 70s and 80s? I find luchadoras really interesting but it's hard to find information from earlier time periods and I'm not that knowledgeable about lucha in the first place. How were they treated (by fans and promoters) in comparison to women in Japan and the US at the time? who are some big names i should know? I know Pantera Sureņa but that's about it.

I'm by no means an expert in actual lucha, but I am Mexican. I wouldn't expect a luchadoras popping up. We have a very problematic relationship with women in general. When I was a kid in the 90's all I head was about the Apaches, and them eventually Sexy Star came in. I can't pinpoint exactly when, but it was really gradual.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Lamuella posted:

EVERYBODY DANCE NOW

I appreciate the effort you put into this

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

anakha posted:

Whoever thought fishnet and wrestling went well together should be strapped to a chair and forced to watch Giant Gonzalez matches for the rest of their lives.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Idk but Matt Sydal got caught with fake weed in Japan and got banned.

Or was it real weed?

Edit: Before I google it, it was real weed he brought to Japan and he got fired from the WWE for having synthetic weed.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Whatever happened to Michael Shane

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

But the best Murder Ibushi spot is the counter Tana did in their G1 final where Ibushi starts to murder and Tana just no sells it

Ibushi saw the face of pure wrath and freaked out.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Alaois posted:

the florida brothers

:hmmyes:

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

How do they safely execute the "put a chair around someones neck and slam into them in the turnbuckle" move?

Example of what im talking about (at 1m30s): https://youtu.be/4zjnillScB4

Ya die op

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

What's the highest scoring iron man match out there

I want like a 56-77 type result

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

LionYeti posted:

Quick question about the MCMG's was it ever the Murder City Machine Guns or was that just an announcer I had misheard back in the day and it stuck?

I still refer to them as Murder City so I'm sure they went by that for a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Sex Farm posted:

How does being left handed change how you wrestle if at all?

Moxs book goes over it a bit.

You just gotta get used to going on your right