Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Don't worry, I'm not MassRafTer, I'm not going to insist that Santino was always terrible simply because I personally wasn't a fan of his work.

That's weird because I thought Santino was used very effectively at times and liked when they gave him those brief hope spots in the Chamber and Rumble. It's also not weird a super popular comedy figure would be getting bigger pops than career midcard heel like Regal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im not massrafter but i have an immense ring of honor dvd collection (missing a lot of 2002-2003 though)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

[bravely] Santino was always terrible because he was in the WWE, where everything is always terrible

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
[relaxed] I was fond of Santino's work and I wish him and Yano mixed it up.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

[Doubt]

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

No need to say such awful things about YTR's mother, Detective Phelps.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
[renegadestyle1 will remember that]

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Santino did Bloodsport and it loving ruled.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
yeah santino is cool and good, nerds

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Santino did Bloodsport and it loving ruled.

Didn't he say some not cool stuff on a podcast a few months back? Some "cancelled" stuff? I don't remember the details.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Hellblazer187 posted:

Didn't he say some not cool stuff on a podcast a few months back? Some "cancelled" stuff? I don't remember the details.
It was your usual transphobic bullshit about how trans women shouldn't compete with cis women because they're actually men. Worse yet, he was even talking about wrestling, where it isn't actually a competition.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

There was a reason why I said his work and not the man himself.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

It was your usual transphobic bullshit about how trans women shouldn't compete with cis women because they're actually men. Worse yet, he was even talking about wrestling, where it isn't actually a competition.

drat it, MVP said the same poo poo.

Welp, nevermind.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

What the gently caress is it with people just having to look at a transgendered person and go "UM ACTUALLY THEY'RE REALLY-". Let people be, I guarantee your transphobic rear end is fine.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

we can just decide that gender is all made up and kill that poo poo off within one generation. we can just do that poo poo right now and there is literally no downside

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

LividLiquid posted:

that's real fuckin rich considering the santina angle

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

man? woman? genderqueer? who gives a gently caress as long as you have correct opinions about new japan

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

What the gently caress is it with people just having to look at a transgendered person and go "UM ACTUALLY THEY'RE REALLY-". Let people be, I guarantee your transphobic rear end is fine.
For the most part, I've been super lucky with stuff like this. I use the bathroom three or four times a night at the bar at which I work and every time a woman sees me in there, they have this moment of "OH!" and then you can almost see them get excited that they have an opportunity to just be decent to a stranger and they're polite as gently caress. They get to walk away feeling like a good person and I get to walk away feeling like the world has some good in it and it's great for both of us.

But it really highlights to me how it costs you nothing to be kind and not be a bigoted poo poo to the point that it's like "My dude, Santino, this was a totally unforced error and you could've just kept that poo poo to yourself." What's even the impetus? What is to be gained? Are you gonna' get new fans over it? If you do, are those the fans you want? I super don't get it.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

lost my old email posted:

man? woman? genderqueer? who gives a gently caress as long as you have correct opinions about new japan

i think this was mansplaining but it is just that i love you all very much and am i not great at expressing it and i am sorry

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Whatever happened to Hade Vansen?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
blowing kisses to all you folks

Max Coveri posted:

i dont know if there ever was an answer to what that was all about. i mean my theory is the simplest, the initial hade vansen angle was supposed to be with taker, and vince inevitably saw how tall vansen wasn't, and that he had a silly non-american accent, and decided nahh.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

lost my old email posted:

the correct opinion btw is that it’s a company with a lot of good wrestlers that books main events that go on too long

oh and elp and sanada both stink

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Max Coveri posted:

I am a fan of the old British cop show, the Bill and I watched an episode first broadcast in 1999 and Hade Vansen was listed on its IMDb page. I couldn't spot him on the screen though.

That's my Hade Vansen story.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Gaz-L posted:

Ziggler's more because Nick Nemeth is like a cargo cult for Shawn Michaels.

Ziggler should have been using the Fame Asser as his finisher, and they should have made Billy Gunn his "dad"

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Does Ziggler still do that superkick/exhausted flop pin in 5-minute matches?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

LividLiquid posted:

Didn't he also say intergender wrestling is bad because it convinces women they can beat up men in real life fights, thus giving them some inflated sense of power that would lead to them getting beaten up all of the time? Or was that a different moron?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shine posted:

Does Ziggler still do that superkick/exhausted flop pin in 5-minute matches?

I'm positive I've seen him open a match with it. It's kinda incredible.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Pope Corky the IX posted:

One of my favorite J-E-DOUBLE-F-J-A-DOUBLE-R-E-DOUBLE-T-HA-HA moments is when his action figure couldn't have "Don't Piss Me Off!" on the shirt, so it was changed to "Don't **** Me Off!" which is so much worse.
There was also the extra-polite variation with “don’t make me mad!” printed on the guitar :kiddo:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
That is absolutely adorable.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Minidust posted:

There was also the extra-polite variation with “don’t make me mad!” printed on the guitar :kiddo:

I love that:

A) the guitar is given a blurb on the package
and
B) it appears that the figure's hands are molded into fists, so it can't actually hold the guitar

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Why did they make a Shane Douglas as Genghis Khan action figure? Did I miss that angle? And why does he have a guitar?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
What happened to noted white supremacist Lars Sullivan? I've not heard about him for a bit.

Davros1 posted:

I love that:

A) the guitar is given a blurb on the package
and
B) it appears that the figure's hands are molded into fists, so it can't actually hold the guitar

This somehow seems completely fitting for Jarrett.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Please don't upset me

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hedgehog Pie posted:

What happened to noted white supremacist Lars Sullivan? I've not heard about him for a bit.
Noted antifa warrior Kalisto injured him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Hedgehog Pie posted:

This somehow seems completely fitting for Jarrett.

They sent him to sensitivity training. He's back and repackaged as Luke Harper.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

IceAgeComing posted:

the correct opinion btw is that it’s a company with a lot of good wrestlers that books main events that go on too long

oh and elp and sanada both stink

I hate SANADA matches but everyone here loves him and i respect that. he is handsome but he'd be hotter if he didnt have facial paralysis

Phantasmo owns however

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
sanada can jump VERY high and he is super hot, I dont know what else you're looking for??

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

why did they decide to make shane become New Triple H when his previous gimmick was "shortens his lifespan on live tv"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I have no idea, but at least he's about to be written off television because Fox wants more of a sports-like presentation without so much authority bullshit.

It's a shame, I was actually excited to see Shane after so many years away when he came back in 2014 or whenever. Then he proceeded to dominate loving everything and bury people just like his dad.