Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

MassRafTer posted:

I really hope some day people start appreciating Dandy as more than just a meme. The Negro Casas and Santo matches are all incredible.

No matter what accomplishments other wrestlers claim, until Shinichiro Watanabe makes an anime tribute to you like they did for Dandy, you ain't poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The only things anything remembers about Jarrett matches are poo poo like his one arm up kickout so I don't see much difference.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

forkboy84 posted:

Perfect time to change that, Meltzer gave JJ vs HBK at In Your House 2 ****1/2

Wow HBK is an incredible wrestler to pull off a carry like that.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Jerusalem posted:

Kurt Angle loses a match to Rey Mysterio, grabs the mic and shouts,"What the heck is wrong with me? I just lost a match to a freaking 10-year-old!"

Either the same night or another he threatened to make Rey submit in their match, pointed out that Rey looks like a kid and smirked,"There's nothing I like more than getting on top of a 10-year-old boy and making him squeal!" before his face falls as he realizes what he just said.

Was this around the same time that he said his weakness was guttersluts and that he wanted to have bestiality sex with Booker T's wife?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Randaconda posted:

You can almost physically see the brakes being put on Austin as soon as Hogan, et all comes in.

I think Hogan doing that and the Wrestlemania 9 poo poo before that is largely responsible for the hella paranoid top faces we saw in Bret, Shawn, Austin ect. You don't see him doing that to people and take any other lesson besides "people will gently caress you if you give them a shred of a chance"

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

TheCool69 posted:

- Was Billy really that influential. He himself makes it sound like he was GOAT and everyone cripped from him?

Hulk Hogan is at least 88% Superstar Billy Graham

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The most dangerous wrestling move is anything that involves Mabel

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

What's the one that had to be pulled from stores because it was hella libelous?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Who is the WWE Lineal Champion? Is it Brock Lesnar?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

TransatlanticFoe posted:

I read a forum post somewhere saying Roman was the champ going into Wrestlemania. I forget the rules, but if it can only be defended in singles matches I think it’s Samoa Joe?

If Roman was the champ going into Mania, then it passed to Rowan. Then he took it back the next week.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Hellblazer187 posted:

More importantly, where's the lineal custody of Dominic?

It is pretty suspicious that Eddie died and reverted it back to Rey. askquestions#

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I think you treat it like custody of a child when a parent cannot care for them for whatever reason: find the parent's closest living relative. In this case, that's Edge's brother Christian. So!

2012.03.04 - Christian assumes guardianship of his legal nephew Dominic
2012.06.19 - Alberto Del Rio defeats Christian
2012.06.23 - Sheamus defeats Del Rio
2012.10.02 - CM Punk defeats Sheamus
2012.11.12 - John Cena defeats CM Punk
2012.12.16 - Dolph Ziggler defeats John Cena
2012.12.26 - John Cena defeats Dolph Ziggler
2013.08.18 - Daniel Bryan defeats John Cena
2013.08.18 - Randy Orton defeats Daniel Bryan
2013.09.15 - Daniel Bryan defeats Randy Orton (they can vacate a title, but not custody!)
2013.10.27 - Randy Orton defeats Daniel Bryan
2014.01.13 - Kofi Kingston defeats Randy Orton
2014.01.27 - Alberto Del Rio defeats Kofi Kingston
2014.02.16 - Batista defeats Alberto Del Rio
2014.02.24 - Alberto Del Rio defeats Batista
2014.02.28 - Sin Cara defeats Alberto Del Rio
2014.03.08 - Bad News Barrett defeats Sin Cara
2014.05.27 - Sheamus defeats Bad News Barrett
2014.06.10 - Cesaro defeats Sheamus
2014.06.30 - Kofi Kingston defeats Cesaro
2014.07.04 - Cesaro defeats Kofi Kingston
2014.07.07 - Kofi Kingston defeats Cesaro
2014.07.11 - Cesaro defeats Kofi Kingston
2014.07.12 - Rob Van Dam defeats Cesaro
2014.07.14 - Alberto Del Rio defeats Rob Van Dam
2014.07.22 - THE BIG DOG ROMAN REIGNS defeats Alberto Del Rio
2015.07.19 - Bray Wyatt defeats Roman Reigns
2015.08.01 - THE BIG DOG ROMAN REIGNS defeats Bray Wyatt
2015.09.11 - Seth Rollins defeats Roman Reigns
2015.09.20 - John Cena defeats Seth Rollins
2015.10.25 - Alberto Del Rio defeats John Cena
2015.11.22 - THE BIG DOG ROMAN REIGNS defeats Alberto Del Rio
2015.11.22 - Sheamus defeats Roman Reigns
2015.12.14 - THE BIG DOG ROMAN REIGNS defeats Sheamus
2015.06.19 - Seth Rollins defeats Roman Reigns
2016.06.19 - Dean Ambrose defeats Seth Rollins
2016.09.11 - AJ Styles defeats Dean Ambrose
2016.10.11 - James Ellsworth defeats AJ Styles
2016.12.20 - AJ Styles defeats James Ellsworth, saving Dominic's Christmas
2017.01.29 - John Cena defeats AJ Styles
2017.03.12 - Bray Wyatt defeats John Cena
2017.04.02 - Randy Orton defeats Bray Wyatt
2017.04.30 - Bray Wyatt defeats Randy Orton in the House of Horrors match, which is where he takes Dominic to live
2017.05.06 - Finn Balor defeats Bray Wyatt

e: At this point I screwed up, but I guess you can see an alternate universe where they didn't randomly job Finn out to Roman one Raw.

2017.07.24 - Elias Samson defeats Finn Balor
2017.07.28 - Finn Balor defeats Elias Samson
2017.08.14 - Bray Wyatt defeats Finn Balor
2017.08.20 - Finn Balor defeats Bray Wyatt
2017.10.20 - Braun Strowman defeats Finn Balor
2018.11.02 - Brock Lesnar defeats Braun Strowman
2019.04.07 - Seth Rollins defeats Brock Lesnar
2019.07.14 - Brock Lesnar defeats Seth Rollins
2019.08.11 - Seth Rollins defeats Brock Lesnar

And that's where we are right now. Dominic Mysterio's legal guardian is Seth Rollins.

Let's take a look at what father Dominic spent his Christmas with each year.

2005: Undertaker
2006: Undertaker
2007: John Cena
2008: John Cena
2009: Sheamus
2010: The Miz
2011: Edge
2012 - Dolph Ziggler
2013 - Randy Orton
2014 - Roman Reigns
2015 - Roman Reigns
2016 - AJ Styles
2017 - Braun Strowman
2018 - Brock Lesnar

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Oct 15, 2019

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I'm just glad Dominic managed to dodge spending Christmas with James Ellsworth. I'll probably continue it later.

I think it's very interesting how custody of Dominic goes from the midcard with Christian to the main event, then back down into the midcard for a year before going back to the main event scene.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

IronCladBurrito posted:

[edit] Oh poo poo, you followed through. Where did I screw up?

gently caress, I missed Roman beating Finn in 2017. That resulted in custody going to Braun and from there, to Brock and Seth.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

TriffTshngo posted:

Vince McMahon, speaking through the body and with the voice of Roman Reigns, was extremely bad. I think the current state of the product is maybe giving people rose tinted glasses about Roman on top but I bet there wouldn't be much difference in public opinion if you transplanted 2015-16 Roman with 2019 Seth and vice versa.

Every top babyface is the worst top babyface in WWE TYOOV 2019

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Aphrodite posted:

The current series back when it was still Smackdown and then Smackdown vs. Raw was hand animated for quite a while too. The mocapped stuff looks slower, weaker, and most importantly meant the death of Create a Finisher.

Also if you hand-animate you don't need wrestlers to pull punches or work unsafe moves. The Steiner Screwdriver in No Mercy is you just straight dropping a dude on the crown of his head like a railroad spike and you can practically see his spine move two inches towards his rear end in a top hat. Now everyone's working safe, and if I wanted that I'd just watch wrestling

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

He truly was

the Sanem

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

jesus WEP posted:

To be fair Braun is a big stiff who doesn’t really have much business being over at all, except for a while he was given all these crazy backstage stunts to do and it got him over huge

Doing something that accentuates strengths and hide weaknesses? There's no room for THAT in the Double Double E, I'll tell you that!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The best Big Show was a match where he dragged a guy into the corner, yelled "I'M GONNA DO MY MOVE!" and then did a banzai drop or something. Then he yelled "I DID MY MOVE!" at the crowd

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The best wrestling storylines let you decide to sell out if you want to, like HCTP or when you started the WWF champion story in No Mercy as the incumbent. It should be a mandatory thing in all future games to turn on the fans so that you can be in the 3-man part of a 3v1 handicap match.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

He was also very much had the right look and right gimmick at the right time. Coked-out flag-waving musclehead fits the 80s perfectly.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Some of the biggest disparities in talent I can think of in a tag team are:

Shane McMahon, Batista and HHH
Shane McMahon and Drew McIntyre
Shane McMahon and The Miz
Shane McMahon and Vince McMahon

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

I find myself using Selling/No Selling in everyday life.

I first learned that one in middle school when a teacher was talking about stunt work in movies.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

TheKingslayer posted:

*Sports Entertainer

Not to be confused with a performance fighter like Roman Reigns

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Now? Nobody's making you listen to poo poo. You can listen to whatever you want. Bands don't need to be signed to be heard. There's no good reason to hate a band. Just don't listen to them if you don't enjoy them and stop being a loving child about it.

Have you never worked in a place where they turn the radio on and leave it on the whole time?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

So hate your employer. That's not the band's fault.

I'm starting to think you have never worked a service industry job if you think hate needs to be rationed

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Are you seriously asking me to think of how not liking them isn't fair to the famous musicians that make lots of money with capitalism?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Not at all. I'm saying gatekeeping people's taste? Super bad. Stop it.

"Gatekeeping" is stuff like "I am a DJ so I know that it's stupid to hate bands" not "I think those guys are overplayed so I don't like them"

And of course "let people like things" is just a way to make anyone who doesn't like what you like some kind of fun police, which is also gatekeeping

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I haven't seen an ambulance match in a few years.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

extradite THIS! posted:

I think that Extreme Rules match was the one where Big Show sold his nuts getting crushed on the turnbuckle for like three minutes straight

I do recall that match being much better than it had any business being.

Is that the one where Reigns failed hilariously at doing a rana?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Don't you mean Super HLUK

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The idea of the "loaded boot" was that they stuck a roll of quarters (or something) in their sock and stomping their foot was supposed to move it from the side of their sock into the toe of the boot.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I haven't enjoyed some crazy youtube thing this much since STREETBEEFS

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Deathlove posted:

There was this guy called Rocky Maivia? Dunno what happened to him.

Who didn't get over with that gimmick at all.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

karmicknight posted:

whatever the crew that gave Brutus Beefcake a singles match for the WCW world title at Starrcade

The THREE FACES OF FEAR, brother!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I think Goldberg punching out a window and loving up his arm counts.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

MrBling posted:

The referees aren't supposed to be dramatic! They aren't the focus of the match.

Normally I say yes, but I think a count should be dramatic because it is the object of the match. It deserves some exaggeration to draw attention to it.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

BrigadierSensible posted:

i.e. A promoter continually trying to push someone as a main eventer when they are not over enough/the crowd actively rejecting the push, (getting booed standing next to the Rock)? I am not talking about a Jeff Jarrett style push where someone is pushed above their level of overness/ability. More about a promoter/company going "THIS is the guy you love! I don't care how much you are booing/apathetic, this is the guy I will force you to love." etc.

Are you sure you aren't describing Jeff Jarrett? Because that sounds exactly like Jeff Jarrett. Or Greg Gagne. Or basically any other promoter's son.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

oldpainless posted:

Yeah thunder sucked by that time

Burrito must have a huge dong or something, if she didn't dump him for taking her to Thunder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Doc M posted:

I first saw that in No Mercy's create-a-wrestler mode and thought it was made up for the game.

edit: actually I think it was Scott's finisher in Revenge before that but I either never saw it in that game or just forgot

No Mercy gave 110% animating that move. You can really see the other dude hit the mat head first and his spine telescope a little bit.