Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
I'm doing this again because a lot of lurkers are posting now. I woke up one day after a dream, the words huge gross burrito stuck in my head, I stopped lurking and for that I am sorry. If you don't post I'm going to pop out at your party with my gang and its probable that its going to be a robbery so tuck your chain. Tell me why you have chosen this life.

HugeGrossBurrito fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Sep 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I was an edgy teen once and used the tag Colonel Cancer in games. Haha, butt cancer. Then I didn't grow up and decided to give it new life on these here dead gay forums.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

My first username was a Polish slur that was "loving fa**ot" because it was 2011 and one of my Slav internet friends bought it for me. Then eventually FAU offered to change it for me and I turned it into this because I'm obsessed with swamp boogers

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

it's self explanatory

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Hell Yeah posted:

it's self explanatory

Hell Yeah

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I was mad at a grocery store

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgCHMDlpnz4

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Also I’m sorry for my OP edit I had a repeated word and found it dishonorable.

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

https://youtu.be/_-Zp9t8P8Ws

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Tuxedo Catfish was my first internet handle from when I was, like, eleven.

I used a ton of different ones as a teenager until finally as an adult I realized that eleven-year-old me was clearly the wisest out of all of us.

schmuck_deluxe
Mar 8, 2019

when a standard schmuck just isnt hitting like it used

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
It's a name I gave to a katana in a roleplaying server in Neverwinter Nights.

The nerdiest loving origin ever but it's a nice gentle name so I took it as a username and it stuck :unsmith:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Nap Ghost
Mozi (/ˈmoʊˈtsiː/;[1] Chinese: 墨子; pinyin: Mòzǐ; Wade–Giles: Mo Tzu /ˈmoʊˈtsuː/;[2] Latinized as Micius[3] /ˈmɪsiəs/; c. 470 – c. 391 BC),[4] original name Mo Di (Chinese: 墨翟), was a Chinese philosopher during the Hundred Schools of Thought period (early portion of the Warring States period of c.475–221 BC). A book named after him, the Mozi, contains material ascribed to him and his followers.

Mozi taught that everyone is equal in the eyes of heaven. For those in power he believed that it should be based on meritocracy, or those who are worthy of power receive power. This is different than Confucianism because those who are given power in Confucianism are handed the power. Mozi invokes heaven and calls on the Sage Kings to support his precedents.

Born in what is now Tengzhou, Shandong Province, he founded the school of Mohism that argued strongly against Confucianism and Taoism. His philosophy emphasized universal love, social order, the will of heaven, sharing, and honoring the worthy. During the Warring States period, Mohism was actively developed and practiced in many states but fell out of favour when the legalist Qin dynasty came to power in 221 BC. During that period, many Mohist classics are by many believed to have been ruined when the emperor Qin Shi Huang supposedly carried out the burning of books and burying of scholars. The importance of Mohism further declined when Confucianism became the dominant school of thought during the Han Dynasty, until mostly disappearing by the middle of the Western Han dynasty.[5]

Mozi is known by children throughout Chinese culture by way of the Thousand Character Classic, which records that he was saddened when he saw dyeing of pure white silk, which embodied his conception of austerity (simplicity, chastity). For the modern juvenile audience of Chinese speakers, the image of his school and its founder were popularized by the animated TV series The Legend of Qin.

The concept of Ai (愛) was developed by the Chinese philosopher Mozi in the 4th century BC in reaction to Confucianism's benevolent love. Mozi tried to replace what he considered to be the long-entrenched Chinese over-attachment to family and clan structures with the concept of "universal love" (jiān'ài, 兼愛). In this, he argued directly against Confucians who believed that it was natural and correct for people to care about different people in different degrees. Mozi, by contrast, believed people in principle should care for all people equally. Mohism stressed that rather than adopting different attitudes towards different people, love should be unconditional and offered to everyone without regard to reciprocation, not just to friends, family and other Confucian relations. Later in Chinese Buddhism, the term Ai (愛) was adopted to refer to a passionate caring love and was considered a fundamental desire. In Buddhism, Ai was seen as capable of being either selfish or selfless, the latter being a key element towards enlightenment.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
[quote="Mozi" post=""498125872"t"]he latter being a key element towards enlightenment.
[/quote]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgaYe4ZYYyY

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
FAU gave it to me, I don’t remember why.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koJWezsQRSo

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I am not big, I am not bad, and my name is not Steve.

Lt Dan Ice Cream
Jul 29, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Posted in a thread to get a random name change. It was changed to "lunch on a train"

Then last week I watched creepshow and the devil dragged that woman into its crate under the stairs and ate her so I modified my name and avatar.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

.. tuck your chain...

I first read this as "tuck your chin". Which would be a good username.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I suck at posting and need god mode to protect me

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Ford Prefect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I was really into the song and the artwork for it. I was also a younger goonling.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Got my name changed in a name change thread like 15 years ago. I grew strangely attached to it. I don't even remember what my original account name was now

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat
I'm actually a giraffe.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
You know how surnames used to be based on occupation?

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-PU_uywVXU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIy-CKvHoMk

(The Bank Dick is one of my all-time favorite movies and W.C. Fields owns)

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I change my name every few years, I'm on #7 now and starting to feel the itch again

Started out as Hitlerstalin and then Komrade Hitlerstalin - I intended the latter from the start but it was too long to register with; an admin was gracious enough to change it for me. Originated in an article I wrote when I ran my college newspaper's humor section.

The rest are:

That FUCKER Obama
EX-GAIJIN AT LAST
(something lame I don't remember from a name change thread)
turn left hillary!! noo

I have 2000+ posts between the current GBS and CSPAM username suggestion threads, and more in past threads; it's a hobby.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2GfXxXUJy4

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

YOSPOS name change game thread. It sux.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Mine is the name of the temporally omnipresent pet hound of a similarly omnipresent billionaire in my first read and favorite Vonnegut novel: Sirens of Titan

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I use my regular name

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I'm a gay plumber

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

It's embarrassing and lame... You'll have to coax it outta me

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
Cactus was an old highschool nickname. Magic because I thought it sounded cool. Although the cooler origin story is to say it's a peyote reference.

Fat Loser
May 27, 2004

Because I am.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I’m not sure why I’m Kuato. I’ve been Kuato for so long the rationale is lost to the mists of time.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.
This is my birth name.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Like pokemon were cool in byob 2006. I liked Charmander. But I wanted to be "clever," so I made a name that would sound like how Charmander would talk. "Mander Char Char." Then in 2014, I wanted to goofier cuter name and changed it to Mazzi Chart Czar.

Kind of want to change it again to another three words that rhyme with the current name or keep the" M C C" format.

Also there is no correct way to pronounce "mazzi." However you say it, is how you say.
gently caress, I also read a lot of charts. And I like Russian literature.

mazzi Chart Czar fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Sep 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
It was(and still is) my name on Steam, but on there it's Rad-daddio™ because brand management is important.