Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Yea it exists and you're invited to Chridtiana Mall in Delaware (the State) to hang out to browse the Hot Topic and smoke cigarettes outside then we can go watch a movie Angry Birds 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

They're playing Angry Birds 2 at the theater it's right next to the mall theres also a Cabella's we can go look at the guns and stuffed animals

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Literally A Person posted:

No, drat it. I need to do fact checking first to see if you are a trustworthy source of mall-type information.

Theres a Spencer's too and a Godiva place with chocolate drinks that are really good and an artisan cupcake stand where you buy single cupcakes for five dollars

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The food court has got - Sbarro, Chic Fil A (but they hate gays), McDonalds, Auntie Anne's, Cinnabun and like a whole bunch else including an asian place that gives you too much food that tastes real good

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Would we go dutch or would you pay?

I got u

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

....the pot is thusly sweetened.

Give me odds on being murdered by some lunatic goon in Delaware.

I dont think Burt lives nearby so prob low chance

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Schlong Connery posted:

Sounds good, but can we go see the Dora movie instead. Checking for show times

Yea

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Schlong Connery posted:

I don't think anyone's ever been murdered in DE. Everyone just dies of old age or off's themselves either purposefully or accidentally

Actually people get murdered in Wilmington nonstop

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Nothing in the circle bulge counts as Delaware it’s just philly

But that only makes the murder more???

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

So wait, is nerd crap counter-culture now? I thought even the good looking and non-socially maladjusted where nerding it up these days.

No it's hip

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Is it hip to be square?

Yea

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

A huge floating silver sphere appears over the football stadium, the crowd begins to panic, scream and stampede as the vast shadow of the sphere slowly travels over them. As the immense shining ball hovers above the field a cacophonous pronouncement is made.

"I AM ORB MADDEN. I HAVE KILLED JOHN MADDEN AND ABSORBED HIM. WE ARE ORB MADDEN. COME TO THE MALL AND SHOP AT MY NEW STORE HOT TOPIC. THIS HAS BEEN ORB MADDEN."

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I do support the Christiana Mall though their California Pizza Kitchen is on point and the movie theater has some awesome seating and there's a Shake Shack and a Container Store in the outer ring shopping centers these days.

Thank you for coming to this thread to endorse Christiana Mall and give further evidence for goons that it is a cool place to hang out and visit Hot Topic

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I put my hand on the counter at the Hot Topic in front of the counter girl and recoil suddenly.

"YOUCH! That's one HOT Topic!!"

She looks at me and rolls her eyes. I smile wide and my teeth are rotting and yellowed and a nearly visible miasmatic haze of halitosis wafts out. There's a moist schlopping noise as a huge, wet, sloppy turd with tendrils of syrupy translucent slime flops out of my rear end in a top hat and is shaken out of one of my pant legs onto the floor.

"Aigjt fuckhead now where are the Funko Pops"

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Zeluth posted:

I asked for a battery for my watch. Guy put a battery into my watch. It was was dead 4 months later.

Much like my wife's pregnancy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

CPL593H posted:

You guys, I just figured something out. It's called "Hot Topic" because their merchandize is based around what is currently popular. You see, the word "hot" can also refer to something that lots of people are talking about. So the topics in the store are "hot" in that context. It doesn't actually have anything to do with the temperature of the store as previously believed (which is usually tepid at best).

It's actually a misspelling of Hot Tapioca

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

CPL593H posted:

That would explain why the Dragon Ball Z messenger bags come filled with pudding.

One of life's simple pleasures the handfuls from the Dragonball Z bag as you watch Dragonball Z

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Colonel Cancer posted:

"hot" means it's stolen or illicit. Every product sold in hot topic was stolen or used to commit a heinous crime. Be aware and God bless

The word also means really warm!!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

OR!!!! sexy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

LadyPictureShow posted:

"Behold my true form!" Madden bellows as the orb grows and encapsulates him.

*boss music begins*
*Orb Madden casts Are you Ready For Some Football*

Lmao

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

CPL593H posted:

I'm currently wearing everything in this picture.

Let's hang dude

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

a kitten posted:

Also, the first Hot Topic I ever saw was at the fuckin Christiana Mall

It's still there friend

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The Walgreens near where I work has Nightmare Before Christmas poo poo already in preparation for Halloween. This movie needs to go away

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

You suck. Nightmare Before Christmas is the best Halloween movie next to Hocus Pocus.

It's an alright movie but I want Halloween decorations, not Nightmare Before Christmas swag, and certainly not having it be considered an essential part of the holiday. Also James and the Giant Peach is better.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Coraline is better than both. Fight me.

No because that's correct

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

underthecube posted:

honestly at this point being confused about why jack skellington is everywhere near halloween is like being confused about santa being everywhere near christmas

It's not confusion bitch!!!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

veni veni veni posted:

I wore a lot of black in middle school during my very brief Marilyn Manson phase and 20+ years later my dad still occasionally makes remarks like "Maybe Veni can try wearing something other than black one of these days" even though I haven't worn black to any notable degree since the 90's. The last time he said it I was wearing a blue shirt with palm trees on it. I hope his mind is ok.

Strike your father in retaliation.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

underthecube posted:

then its bad taste bc nightmare before christmas is fr*ckin sweet

It's an ok movie with good songs and a poo poo rear end plot with boring non-singing parts

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Halloween is a funny holiday because you can literally choose any good horror or horror adjacent movie and it would be appropriate. With that in mind you can watch The Thing or, comedy option, Evil Dead 2 instead of loving milquetoast Nightmare Before Assmass, a movie that is neither scary or very interesting

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

underthecube posted:

what teen is going to walk around dressed as loving, the thing or elvira, you cant coordinate your purple striped jacket with freddie kreuger's face you cant walk around school with a texas chain saw massacre shirt nightmare before christmas has AESTHETICS that the kids crave

You're full of hatred

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

This can't be true. I felt this same way about punks but they are still out there. I saw a 16/17 year old kid in town the other day with a day-glo mohawk and a studded leather jacket. Frankly, I was a little proud of the kid.

It's blatantly false, goth is incredibly big right now, a very cleaned up, less angsty, less bitter kind of goth that is more about aesthetic than before, but still goth.

It's basically just retro chic now, with all the vapid deconstruction that entails.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

JK Fresco posted:

The current all black teen aesthetic is technoninja, which is all black like goth but far mroe futuristic

No that's just looking like you want to come off as Antifa but you just spent two weekends milling around at a conservative function meekly yelling things while being afraid of getting hit or hitting someone.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

JK Fresco posted:

Soo... millenial teens

There are no more millenial teens

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Sleeveless posted:

So long as teens keep pissing off olds they're doing their job, and considering that almost every adult in power is making GBS threads their pants with fury about teens organizing against gun violence and the impending environmental collapse I think they're doing way better than we did.

I'm not talking about those ones. I'm talking about the annoying ones who do it for show or looking good to their peers but are emphatically useless and/or cowardly.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

JK Fresco posted:

Soo... all of them

No I've been to protests and you have the people who are genuinely enraged because their State keeps trying to swat down protections for LGBTQ folks that are currently in place and have to step up for the sake of their own safety and livelihood and then you have the morons who show up wanting to "punch some Nazis" who have just suffered through their generalized ennui and boring lives while being alienated by capitalism and want to look like they're doing something or being helpful "allies" but are just performative half-hearted turds.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Not watching

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

appropriatemetaphor posted:

virtue signaling lol...

it's always right wingers whining about "virtue signaling" to their right wing audience

I don't give a gently caress about virtue signaling. I see it as a sign of grassroots sympathy from people who aren't necessarily a minority. I give a gently caress about people who insinuate themselves into causes while being insanely problematic. Going to a meetup and meeting a supposed "ally" saying grody poo poo about trans people is something I've experienced before. Some people are just there to support only the extent of their limited mindset and have no desire to listen to anyone outside of it. I'm not talking about virtue signallers. I'm talking about "male feminists" who end up being abusers, milky pale TERFs who show up at pride parades while disregarding trans and nonbinary people or outright being hostile, I'm talking about all the milquetoast people who still discriminate acting as if they don't among people who suffer daily from discrimination.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Yea

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Dude let me make u a Manhattan some times my Manhattan skills are crazy and I use 67.5% alcohol Elijah Craig you'll get ripped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Word