Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Hot Topic still exists in plenty of malls that still exist, but I imagine like 90% of their sales are done online because their stores are tiny and mostly empty whenever I check the location near me every once in a blue moon.

The company that owns them owns Torrid, Talbots, and other clothing stores too, so I doubt they really care if Hot Topic stores are a loss leader at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Edgar posted:

Are other hot topics super cramp and half the people inside are employees?

Yeah, they're all like this. Every location is smaller than a Cinnabon stand and has like 3 employees just milling around near the Funko Pops for whatever bizarre reason.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

TenementFunster posted:

i don’t know what is the more bizarre cultural relic: Invader Zim poo poo, or The Nightmare Before Christmas poo poo

The Night Before Christmas owns though, so the its enduring status as a cult hit is extremely cool and good.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Good Sphere posted:

My girlfriend found this on the Hot Topic website. (Now she owns it) Pretty cool, I must say, and not that Hot Topic-y.

That's pretty amazing. I ordered a very similar Sorcerer Mickey dress for my girlfriend for her upcoming birthday. She would adore that dress too because she loves Marie.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Sep 9, 2019

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

skooma512 posted:

They have a lot of Harry Potter poo poo in there too.

HP, the book series that ended 12 years ago.

Yeah, are you gonna wonder why stores are full of Marvel, Pokemon, Alice in Wonderland, and Star Wars stuff next? :goonsay:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

The Walgreens near where I work has Nightmare Before Christmas poo poo already in preparation for Halloween. This movie needs to go away

You suck. Nightmare Before Christmas is the best Halloween movie next to Hocus Pocus.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

It's an alright movie but I want Halloween decorations, not Nightmare Before Christmas swag, and certainly not having it be considered an essential part of the holiday. Also James and the Giant Peach is better.

Coraline is better than both. Fight me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Chomp8645 posted:

I was browsing OKC recently and sent a message to a fat goth girl. She was pretty hot imo.

She didn't respond.

I don't think she missed out on much.