Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Buck Wildman posted:

one of the best episodes was busta rhymes, who came onto the show so high they had to frame the whole metaplot of the episode around there being a gas leak in the studio

you definitely get the feeling after a certain point that the whole premise just becomes a troll on the idea of do celebrities or their publicists bother to do literally any research whatsoever about the shows they book for interviews

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Some Guy TT posted:

i was enjoying this until they got to the musical episode leading to two conclusions one space ghost coast to coast holds up a lot better than i would have thought and two musical episodes have always sucked

https://youtu.be/98zq8VJLHTU?si=QkAWhtDBL4AL8koa

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Some Guy TT posted:

you definitely get the feeling after a certain point that the whole premise just becomes a troll on the idea of do celebrities or their publicists bother to do literally any research whatsoever about the shows they book for interviews

And then we got The Eric Andre Show. o7

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

CaptainBeefart posted:

HOW BOUT THEM PRICES, JACK

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

CaptainBeefart posted:

Some Guy TT posted:

Thank u Space ghost, without you we wouldn't have The Adam Friedland Show

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Augus posted:

lmao she was in her 40’s when she discovered the existence of racism

that's a real buddha moment

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Augus posted:

he/him who must not be named

lmao

KirbyKhan posted:

Thank u Space ghost, without you we wouldn't have The Adam Friedland Show

again, space ghost is absolutely one of the best pieces of media america has created.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Kazzah posted:

I read the novelisation of the super Mario bros movie. still haven’t seen it.

Same, presuming you mean the live action one. It was in the high school library, it had a shiny cover, and I was morbidly curious and really really bored.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Some Guy TT posted:

so how it basically worked was that they took the guest into the recording studio and sat them down with the main trio and did a standard Q&A interview, usually with the hosts at least partially in character. they then edited the footage of the guest's dialogue in a humorous and often out of context manner and the hosts would re-record their own dialogue in response for the final product. it ultimately was a light-hearted (and p tame) roast of the guests, and how they reacted could usually be divided into certain archetypes:

1. those who were in on it and leaned into it hard. usually the least entertaining because they'd try too hard at either being wacky or mugging for the camera. a lot of the earliest guests were like this, with the amazing jonathan being one of the worst imo

2. those who were in on it, or at least aware on some level they were being made fun of, and responded with arrogance/frustration. some would even commit the cardinal sin of breaking the fourth wall on the whole conceit. this usually resulted in the hosts p ruthlessly clowning on them and the closest the show could come to being mean-spirited. it probably won't surprise you that bill shatner is a defining example of this archetype

3. those who maybe had some idea of what was going on, or no idea at all, but were charismatic/good-natured enough to roll with it. the best guests imo, and the ones usually treated the kindest. best example would be willie nelson who starred in my personal favorite episode in the series. there was also an episode where randy savage guest-hosted as space ghost's grandpa and had an extremely good back and forth with one of the kids from the cosby show

4. busta rhymes, who I described previously. probably the only one to seem like they actually put the hosts on the back foot

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qcCaALrx5U

the algorithm took me to this and the guy seems to have an interesting thesis about whether internet fame forces you to think in terms of whether youre actually speaking truth to power or if the approval of power just encourages you to keep making compromises to your ideals for the sake of that approval encouraging you to betray your original community in the process but then he starts talking about bamboozled and i check the time stamp and just go hmmm should i really be watching a seventy minute video about bamboozled instead of just like watching bamboozled

sadly bamboozled isnt on any streaming services so ill probably just go back to space ghost and the guest is...commander andy of the cosmos???

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
thats fd signifier

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

my wife hatewatches fd because sometimes he has a really salient point about marxist principles and race and sometimes hes yelling about why you shouldnt date interraciay if youre a black woman because youll be letting down the culture

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Tacoma FD?

MassTran
Feb 27, 2015

Al! posted:

my wife hatewatches fd because sometimes he has a really salient point about marxist principles and race and sometimes hes yelling about why you shouldnt date interraciay if youre a black woman because youll be letting down the culture

Wait, seriously? Lmao youtubers rule

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

MassTran posted:

Wait, seriously? Lmao youtubers rule

he refers to himself as being part of "Cornbreadtube"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

fd's a bitch but he has some salient points sometimes i guess

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Al! posted:

he refers to himself as being part of "Cornbreadtube"

yeesh

MassTran
Feb 27, 2015

Well that's sure something

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-KoABq6ygA

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!

Some Guy TT posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qcCaALrx5U

the algorithm took me to this and the guy seems to have an interesting thesis about whether internet fame forces you to think in terms of whether youre actually speaking truth to power or if the approval of power just encourages you to keep making compromises to your ideals for the sake of that approval encouraging you to betray your original community in the process but then he starts talking about bamboozled and i check the time stamp and just go hmmm should i really be watching a seventy minute video about bamboozled instead of just like watching bamboozled

sadly bamboozled isnt on any streaming services so ill probably just go back to space ghost and the guest is...commander andy of the cosmos???

you should watch Bamboozled, it's a seriously great movie (I think it's Spike Lee's best) and Michael Rapaport drops n-bombs.

Only know this youtuber cause he likes the movie Baby Boy and the rapper Canibus. I actually first found that guy because I searched "Baby Boy good" on youtube. He's got good taste (by which I mean he agrees with me).

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1780736133229359542

I'm shocked

so shocked

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lol

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKdpdIku0ag

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

If I wanted to learn about politics, I wouldn't go to Breadtube. I'd go to the only work of media that has actually discussed politics, Fallout: New Vegas. *

*Recently rechristened as canon by Godd Howard.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

so what will todd decide the canon nv ending is

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I'm a vegan, haven't eaten meat since 1998, and I am just generally a sucker for all animals.

That said, I find it particularly weird when people refer to chimps and bonobos as "creatures" because they're more or less literally (99%) us. That said, I'm sure the sanctuary is great, it's just such a weird choice of word.

Nichael has issued a correction as of 01:11 on Apr 18, 2024

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

lumpentroll posted:

mr house and ceasar are both great characters, so he will go with the boring rear end ncr ending instead

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

seeing people complain about the tv show mistreating the NCR lore is really funny to me because i couldn't give a poo poo about the post-apocalyptic gavin democrats

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

what's kamala harris do in the ncr

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

besides imprison and kill people

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
I wish I could go to this
https://twitter.com/IFCCenter/status/1780710326914437203?t=FkoeiJSL4BF5u8gRUhn4ew&s=19

I hate new york

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

you dont even know the half of it

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Nichael posted:

chimps and bonobos as "creatures" because they're more or less literally (99%) us.

that 99% figure is just as trash pop science as "people only use 10% of their brains"

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

i hate that it's at midnight in the weekend, like New York doesn't have other poo poo to do

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

theflyingexecutive posted:

that 99% figure is just as trash pop science as "people only use 10% of their brains"

sure but I don't care because I think pop science fills a role here when getting people to have empathy for animals

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I found a paper from 2002 that pegs it at 95% due to more accurate information

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC129726/#:~:text=This%20observation%20led%20to%20the,we%20had%2098.5%25%20gene%20similarity.

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

loquacius posted:

wait, it gets dumber!!!!

she was shocked she had accidentally made the Death Eaters Nazis because she had been trying to make them trans people

https://twitter.com/BadWritingTakes/status/1636424407710089217

i did not read harry potter thinking it was social commentary i thought it was just creatures and wizards and stuff

veepfake has issued a correction as of 01:22 on Apr 18, 2024

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

fun gimmick i guess but the film isn't that good

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

even if it's less than that, I don't care. the 99% point communicates what I actually do care about just as well as 95% or 90% or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

lumpentroll posted:

100% Mr House. It lets them keep the Mojave setting in a state most like it was during the games for maximum brand recognition and references. Plus Mr House is a very popular character and can be slotted into any narrative function they might need, from benefactor to antagonist to neutral authority figure.