Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hockey?
This poll is closed.
hockey 0 0%
sure 0 0%
hickey, thomas hickey 0 0%
86 100.00%
Total: 86 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is 0 an even number for roulette

0, 00, and 000 don't count as evens no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Feeling like that's a pretty good deal

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Koopa Kid posted:

FAS May also be interested to know that Michal Neuvirth hasn’t been participating in camp scrimmages because, to quote Babcock “he wasn’t feeling good body-wise”

Hahaha, of course

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Here's an easy way to solve the conundrum. Is Ticketmaster (doing thing)? Then (thing) is bad.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

That kills the NHL in the olympics then right?

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Nah they’ll probably give the players the olympics.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

How far did Neuvy fall to wind up on a PTO with the Leafs?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is 0 an even number for roulette

Aphrodite posted:

0, 00, and 000 don't count as evens no.

But 0 and 00 are on the board and pay 35/1.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
I like tickets. Like ticket tickets. I went on a big road trip to Lambeau Field once and ended up framing my ticket with a picture of us. It looks nice.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Spelling Mitsake posted:

I like tickets. Like ticket tickets. I went on a big road trip to Lambeau Field once and ended up framing my ticket with a picture of us. It looks nice.

A couple football teams who went paperless recently started adding a souvenir ticket into the program for people who like to collect them. I figure that's the way things will go.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

CBJSprague24 posted:

Garret Sparks sucks pretty bad, so not very.

codo27 posted:

You guys know about the NHL 2004 restoration project right.

I tried it the other week and it's really bad. I'd rather go back and play NHL13 single player.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

ThinkTank posted:

A couple football teams who went paperless recently started adding a souvenir ticket into the program for people who like to collect them. I figure that's the way things will go.

just have a nice stub that looks like a ticket

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I was excited about the NHL 2004 project until I actually played it and, even with resolution patches, the menu is some weird tiny resolution and the game itself is in a different one and off center no matter what I do

loving EA man you fucks put Madden back on PC just start doing your other sports games, holy poo poo I am a dummy with 60 bucks happily ready to be yours

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

heeheex2 posted:

Nah they’ll probably give the players the olympics.

and/or themselves the perceived visibility in China.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In the Chinese broadcasts of NHL games, during the 2nd intermission the losing team seeks out Lu Han to inspire them to come back and fight.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

ThinkTank posted:

sounds like a collector's item that you could charge big bucks for tbh

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
While I stand behind the bench.

Witnessing my players and their foes clash.

I ask myself.

What would Lu Bu do?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

sounds like a collector's item that you could charge big bucks for tbh

That's why they should come with season tickets, it's added value.

Of course, added value is anathema in 2019.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Yeah, when I got my first year of half season in 2016/2017 I was looking forward to getting a ticket book and... nada. I can use mobile ticketing to get into the theatre on my subscription, but at least they still sent me physicals too.

Panthers this year don't have the annual player meet and greet either. They used to be pretty good for offering fun things to fans as part of the season ticket, but it's just gotten worse and worse. Free parking got changed the other year to only apply to 20 year season holders. Like, really? Just give them the loving tickets, everyone just parks opposite the arena for free anyway so stop being tightasses.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Stretch Marx posted:

While I stand behind the bench.

Witnessing my players and their foes clash.

I ask myself.

What would Lu Bu do?

Shank your Captain during a line change then vault over the glass to the opposing bench in the confusion.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Have we made fun of this yet?

https://twitter.com/hayyyshayyy/status/1173734442894069760

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

You’ll never guess who is already out hurt.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hello darkness, my old friend

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

are we gonna do a preseason GDT? I need somewhere to shitpost

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
I'll make one

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

gdt

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*
https://twitter.com/sportsnetmurph/status/1173762196297306113?s=19

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Average just below $6m. Not optimal but whatever. I've never been enamoured with the automatic jump to 7+ year contracts. Would've preferred 5-6 but hey he's back.

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*

ThinkTank posted:

Average just below $6m. Not optimal but whatever. I've never been enamoured with the automatic jump to 7+ year contracts. Would've preferred 5-6 but hey he's back.

Yeah standard bridge deal I guess, I'm just happy he's back as well... At least Loui will be gone by the time of Boeser's new contract and it won't coincide with Hughes and Petey's contracts.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Do they have room for that without keeping Roussel on the LTIR? I forget?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

You can still transfer a ticket to someone without the app. You can get one printed and left at a will call window for anyone that has an ID to prove who its there for. Its not ideal but its also not impossible.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Do they have room for that without keeping Roussel on the LTIR? I forget?

No. Roussel has to hit LTIR, Schaller and likely Eriksson too to the AHL. They can't be cap complaint with the roster as it is.

They're actually in a lot of trouble now that Roussel seems to be ahead of schedule recovery wise. They'll need to figure out how to get Eriksson off the roster before then.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

is it just me or is like 3/4ths of the league up against the cap?

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
I wish I had Jim Bennings job security, Jesus Christ

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

FBS posted:

is it just me or is like 3/4ths of the league up against the cap?

It's not just you. I think it says something about league parity that a lot of even the more ex-fringe teams like the Panthers and the Coyotes (rightfully) think they're in a position to be competing with the big boys.
I mean the Blues just won. The Golden Knights went to the finals with some also-rans. The old superstars are aging and the teams that built around them are cash-strapped so there's an interesting talent vacuum, and you've still got the odd dead contract here or there.
The days of competing on a Senators payroll appear to be over, and I actually wouldn't be surprised if it's not this summer or next that we see multiple players holding out because their teams literally can't afford to pay them what they're worth (the hold-outs this season being a minor precursor to that)

It's probably a bad time to be a fan of a given team but a great time to just be a fan of the sport because the talent distribution is on another level.
Even the worst team has 2-3 players worth watching during any given game.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

nature6pk posted:

I wish I had Jim Bennings job security, Jesus Christ

continually failing upward

Huggybear
Jun 17, 2005

I got the jimjams

ThinkTank posted:

No. Roussel has to hit LTIR, Schaller and likely Eriksson too to the AHL. They can't be cap complaint with the roster as it is.

They're actually in a lot of trouble now that Roussel seems to be ahead of schedule recovery wise. They'll need to figure out how to get Eriksson off the roster before then.

Oh man how come this is not more widely reported. I was so happy he signed and I had no idea it was that bad. Can't they ice a 21-man roster to help somewhat, or is that already an assumption?

Also the cap is dumb and it should be at least ten mil higher

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

they currently have 24 players up and need to send someone down which will help. Ain't no one going to take Eriksson - I bet they trade Tanev

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://twitter.com/StLouisBlues/status/1173663511865675777

https://twitter.com/adamwauters/status/1173782175348592640

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Yo Jack Hughes is loving good. The Devils, not so much. I mean. They barely beat a Bruins prospect, straight prospect, team. But Jack is nutso good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Huggybear posted:

Oh man how come this is not more widely reported. I was so happy he signed and I had no idea it was that bad. Can't they ice a 21-man roster to help somewhat, or is that already an assumption?

Also the cap is dumb and it should be at least ten mil higher

I don't think it is quite that bad, it's tight but you can see the below roster has space for it to all work.

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1432896

Problem will happen if occur if someone else (ie Gaudette) forces themselves to be kept up, but given the Canucks depth lack of quality, it's hard to believe anyone who can't crack the 13 would be claimed or would be a huge loss if they were..