Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Went to a United service counter for a third time, apparently someone on the last flight to where I'm going cancelled in the past hour, so I got a boarding pass for that flight

Will keep working on trying to get a picture, my phone willing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Unfinish3d posted:

Went to a United service counter for a third time, apparently someone on the last flight to where I'm going had a cancellation in the past hour, so I got a boarding pass for that flight

Will keep working on trying to get a picture, my phone willing

prayer works my friend. i'm glad. I hope your cat did his pee pee. have a blessed journey.

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
Let out pathetic little whimpers for the entirety of your flight in-between apologies to your cat.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
let the cat out on the plane. whats the worst that could happen

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
How calm is your cat in airports OP? Let people pet it. Let it look out the window at the aircraft and let it dream of swatting them out of the sky killing hundreds of people instantly.

Overnight layovers in airports are loving terrible. The worst experience I've had was in Abu Dhabi airport. poo poo was like a cattle mart and there was zero quiet places to lie down.
When I had a layover in Helsinki, I had to fork out 180 euro for a 6 hour bed in the only open hotel which happened to be a hilton.
although it looks like a nice place to stay over night in departures. They have lots of recliner seats and free booths with couches.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I got him a kitty tranquilizer + antiemetic from the vet. He's been awake the whole time, but he hasn't seemed stressed at all. He's been a good conversation starter today though

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.
Take all the kitty tranquilisers yourself and see what country you end up in.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I gave him the tranquilizer this morning. Still seems to be in effect though

I got him to drink a few capfuls of water when I was hanging at the urban garden thing earlier, that made me worry a little less about him

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su
Good news that a seat opened up, being stranded in an airport sucks. I've been stranded a couple times when I was a kid, and had a 16 hour layover in Kuala Lumpur airport once, boring as gently caress, but at least it wasn't very crowded.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

grellgraxer posted:

Good news that a seat opened up, being stranded in an airport sucks. I've been stranded a couple times when I was a kid, and had a 16 hour layover in Kuala Lumpur airport once, boring as gently caress, but at least it wasn't very crowded.

I got stuck in KL for about 8 hours and gave myself the challenge to take a piss in every single restroom.

It's harder than you might think.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I've got stuck overnight once like 8 years ago now, forget which airport it was. It was okay though. There was a dude with a ukelele stuck as well. He played for awhile then passed it around teaching people how to play a little bit. Helped the night go by.

E: also just ate a Chicago dog!!

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience

Unfinish3d posted:

Lol my incoming flight got delayed by an hour due to some clouds here (ohare) and I missed my flight out of here. No open seats to where I'm headed rest of the day. So I'm stuck here (with my cat) until the morning. I do not have much money. My cat is going to piss his carrier at some point.

What should I do with my night here at ohare? Anyone have any advice? Stories about being stuck in airports to share? I have allll night

Most airports have a place for animals to pee or poop that is outside the airport in a special spot. Just don't let your cat run away because I think it's normally outside in some back alley. You should ask someone...

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Mooktastical posted:

All you goons telling OP to get a hotel he can't afford should send him a bunch of money

OP, I just put a hundred bucks in an envelope addressed to “Goon with Cat” in Chicago. Should show up around Wednesday.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Get a neon vest and tell people it's the official airport cat.

Say they're "going green" for pest control

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

My phone camera decided to work!

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Stay calm orangeboi you'll be home soon.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

god speed, orangecat! you're the hero gotham needs.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Why do you have a cat with you? It won’t remember it.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
That looks like a cat who is just fine with staying in his little cat pod and sniffing the air and maybe rubbing his mouth on the zipper part when the doors unzipped maybe

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I had a shittyand booze filled year. Currently flung to stay with some family in the Midwest so I can sort some poo poo out

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Unfinish3d posted:

I had a shittyand booze filled year. Currently flung to stay with some family in the Midwest so I can sort some poo poo out
Goodass cat though

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Goodass cat though

He's the best :3:

Especially when he's on :catdrugs:

He has no desire to leave the carrier and he fell asleep on my lap just now

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
That's one lazy fuckin cat

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

JK Fresco posted:

That's one lazy fuckin cat

You would be too if you were on sweet sweet kitty tranqs :catdrugs:

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely
I've flown through O'hare many times but have never had the "pleasure" of being stranded there. I'm glad your kitty made it through okay OP. He seems nice.

Airlines count on a certain number of passengers canceling or not showing up ship so they usually have a few people waiting stand by for every trip. I once watched an entire family have a meltdown after being told they couldn't fly to Seattle on my flight. Apparently they were flying standby with their little girl and they had been waiting all day. They had been there since 6 in the morning waiting for 3 open seats to Seattle. I felt sorry for them but still boarded.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sex Skeleton posted:

I've flown through O'hare many times but have never had the "pleasure" of being stranded there. I'm glad your kitty made it through okay OP. He seems nice.

Airlines count on a certain number of passengers canceling or not showing up ship so they usually have a few people waiting stand by for every trip. I once watched an entire family have a meltdown after being told they couldn't fly to Seattle on my flight. Apparently they were flying standby with their little girl and they had been waiting all day. They had been there since 6 in the morning waiting for 3 open seats to Seattle. I felt sorry for them but still boarded.

I’ve flown for decades and never been kicked off a flight. They did something wrong. And op, just got screwed by weather. I’ve been there. ORD in snow sucks balls. Even though the enormous snow machines they have.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Unfinish3d posted:

E: also just ate a Chicago dog!!

You're going to miss your new flight now as you poo poo your brains out in the bathroom with a cat carrier balanced on your lap.

That's one stoned kitty!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Stay safe orangeboy

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

The plane I was supposed to have boarded 20 min ago still isn't here :catstare:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Unfinish3d posted:

The plane I was supposed to have boarded 20 min ago still isn't here :catstare:

...or did it already leave?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

LabyaMynora posted:

You're going to miss your new flight now as you poo poo your brains out in the bathroom with a cat carrier balanced on your lap.

Tell us all about your bowels

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

> OPEN INVENTORY
> USE CAT TRANQUILIZERS ON SELF

Shats Basoon
Jun 13, 2013

Smoke weed

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Isn’t weed legal in Illinois

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Burt Sexual posted:

The airport is like being in international waters, everything is legal.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Milo and POTUS posted:

Tell us all about your bowels

Extra loose. Super loose. Goatman loose.

Burt Sexual posted:

Not until Jan 1st, 2020. (Even though I don't think they're really enforcing between then and now.)

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely
Pro tip: the best food from the Chicago Dogs place at the airport is actually the cold Thai Drunkin Noodle from the refrigerator, and not the hot dogs. There are a few other places that have a cold case with noodles and stuff. But I'm always flying Alaska and the terminal my flight leaves from has that restaurant right across from it.

Burt Sexual posted:

I’ve flown for decades and never been kicked off a flight. They did something wrong. And op, just got screwed by weather. I’ve been there. ORD in snow sucks balls. Even though the enormous snow machines they have.

Yeah, I had the bad fortune to fly in at the start of the polar vortex this year and it just delayed my flight. But I was still able to make it in alright.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
cats are bad, OP. they are disgusting self centered criminals who will take advantage of us at every turn. I should know, I have two of them and their adorable faces and fuzzy bodies lead me to collude in their crimes.

Scratch your cat's chin and tell him that sudonim sez he's a good boy even thought that plays right into what cat propaganda wants us to believe

El Chupacabras
Oct 12, 2002
Coming back from Marseille to NY my flight arrived in Orly and then I had to go to Charles De Gaulle for my NY flight. I went to the train station and waited...and waited and then waited a little bit more for a train that never arrived, finally asked people if they spoke english, somebody said yes and told me that there were signs (french only) saying the tracks were out of service due to maintenance. I had to take a bus to Charles De Gaulle that got stuck many times in traffic. I arrived at the airport at the exact time my Delta/Air France flight was leaving, which was also the last NY flight for the day. 100USD later I was placed on the first flight next day (at 10 am) and barely had any money so a hotel was no option. I had to wander with my luggage around CDG, which has a pretty large hobo population during the winter, afraid of being robbed if I fell asleep.

Finally found a few travelers sleeping inside a closed restaurant and joined them, placing my feet on top of my luggage as an alarm. They kicked us out at 6 AM when the restaurant was opening.

Only good thing is that my flight changed from Delta to Air France (they had a codeshare) and the plane and food was a lot nicer. This was a few months after 9/11 and the Air France plane had metallic forks and knives, they had personal entertainment systems on every seat and even had a little soft drink bar on the back of the plane to serve your own drinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Caution is a word that I can't understand
I would talk to the airport people (airline? security?) about the well-being of your cat. I know peeing the carrier is just unpleasant, but the airport ppl don't really want to have to clean that up, either.

When my flight was delayed, it took pulling teeth and an hour on the phone to get United to put me up overnight in a hotel. But it can often be done with some politeness, perseverance, and escalation (not necessarily in that order).

Not the same situation, but that reminds me of me and my friends being stuck overnight in (or intentionally going to, on a Sunday!) at Frankfurt airport and getting beer at the only 24hr grocery store and generally wandering around the airport with plenty of beer and waiting for McDonalds to open, and then the first train home! Good times :D Bad thing about the lack of money, if I were in your shoes heh I'd booze it up and wait til the next flight tomorrow!