Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aydjile
Oct 13, 2013

Survive Adapt Improve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fuWyXPAMXM
Dean Hall's (Creator of DayZ) bastard child of Station 13 and Space Engineers.

Major patch came out yesterday fixing stuttering and making game a bit more fun with scripted accidents.
https://steamcommunity.com/games/544550/announcements/detail/2878286363690126228

Aydjile fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aydjile
Oct 13, 2013

Survive Adapt Improve
Please, gentlemen, contain your excitement.

Scope
Jun 6, 2003

Sorry, I'm still trying to make my way through the extensive introduction post. There's just so much information to take in.

Aydjile
Oct 13, 2013

Survive Adapt Improve
The game now have the ability to build pre-made rockets and travel between different planets.
https://steamcommunity.com/games/544550/announcements/detail/2762348389369050068
[video type=""]https://i.imgur.com/9smowbw.mp4[/video]

swampcow
Jul 4, 2011

Anyone have a private server they're hosting? I hosted one a few years ago, wouldn't mind doing it again if some goons wanted to join.

insta
Jan 28, 2009
I'm putting together a little Core i5 machine on gigabit internet for a Stationeers server. Any tips?

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
I spin up a 4 vCPU 16GB ram amazon server every now and then to play with friends and it runs great. I find there's too much desync to have any fun with people on a non-dedicated.

Been enjoying playing the latest version with food decay and water. Got down to my last water bottle before I realized making an ice crusher is something I should have prioritized much earlier. Now I've got a room temperature glasshouse for my plants. Next will be setting up automated solars to be energy positive without needing coal to top up the battery.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

How do I prevent my starting food from completely decaying? I get to day two and see it only has 20 hours remaining on Mars. I feel like planting it so early in the game is stupid since I won't have the actual time to grow what I need for all the recipes before stuff starts decomposing...

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

Qubee posted:

How do I prevent my starting food from completely decaying? I get to day two and see it only has 20 hours remaining on Mars. I feel like planting it so early in the game is stupid since I won't have the actual time to grow what I need for all the recipes before stuff starts decomposing...

Will vacuum prevent the decay? Can you set up a small room and pump all the gas out of it? I don't remember what the starting equipment is, but I'm pretty sure it includes an active vent, a passive vent, and some pipes. Eventually make a freezer, of course, but maybe dumping everything but your granola bars into a small box and vacuum-sealing it ( :haw: ) will work as a stopgap, and hopefully the bars should last you a couple days to get a greenhouse and a storage freezer built.

Disclaimer: I haven't touched this game since right around the rocket/weather updates, so I might be running on bad information or bad memories, sorry if I'm not helpful at all. :)

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
On the moon, your food still decays inside the crates.

I think you can only rely on one type of crop until you get a bioprinter. Definitely feels like a mechanic that needs a 2nd pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic void nullo
May 17, 2002