Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many week one viewers?
<500,000
500-750K
750-999K
1 Million-1.25 MM
1.25 MM - 1.5 MM
1.5 MM - 2 MM
2 MM - 2.5 MM
>2,500,000
View Results

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'm fascinated by how the predictions for AEW's debut viewership are all over the board. I don't want to influence votes so I'm not going to post anyone else's predictions or any context. I'm just curious what people posting here think the show will do for week 1.

For those that don't know AEW will be Wednesdays from 8-10 Live on TNT. It looks like it will be live nationwide, so that would put it on at 5 on the West Coast. It will be going against NXT which will also be 8-10 but I believe is NOT live on the West Coast. NXT has a two week head start.

Please post your reasoning below!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

300k is my optimistic guess

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Week 1 beats NXT, but is less than Raw/SD. Building an audience takes time and creating familiarity. Casual and lapsed wrestling fans (aka people who don't subscribe to any wrestling service) are not familiar with anyone in AEW yet, and positive buzz needs time to build once it is widely available. TNT seem to be pushing it heavily, so if that audience actually exists, they will eventually find it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm going with an even million.

Its a big channel, they've done everything under the sun to promote the build. Am 6000% excite so my math might be off.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
If TNT actually promote it over the next few weeks I'm guessing 600k, maybe 700.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The All Out preview episode on a Friday night before the show drew like 200k viewers with little to no promotion. I'm going to guess 750k. Turner has been promoting it on both TNT and TBS. The spots on TBS have been during baseball games.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pinche Rudo posted:

The All Out preview episode on a Friday night before the show drew like 200k viewers with little to no promotion. I'm going to guess 750k. Turner has been promoting it on both TNT and TBS. The spots on TBS have been during baseball games.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm also going with a cool million. It might be optimistic but they did about 400,000 on the preview show on TNT which was only announced 48 hours before it aired.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Going with 850,000

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

850,001. I really want to win that car.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

1.3 million but I'm probably way overestimating it.

NXT has a 2 week head start but let's be honest, by the third week of live NXT they'll have hosed it up and it won't be nearly the competition that WWE wants it to be.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

69,420 viewers

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

1.03m

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

drat my memory was way off. Holy poo poo that's a lot

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Went with 1.5-2M because I think there's a fair amount of buzz for it and we'll see TNT ramp up the advertising for it in the next couple weeks.

Also TBS has the NL Wild Card game on 10/1 and two of these teams will be in it

Those are some juicy fanbases and markets which probably means at least 5-6 million viewers watching that game

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

IcePhoenix posted:

Went with 1.5-2M because I think there's a fair amount of buzz for it and we'll see TNT ramp up the advertising for it in the next couple weeks.

Also TBS has the NL Wild Card game on 10/1 and two of these teams will be in it

Those are some juicy fanbases and markets which probably means at least 5-6 million viewers watching that game

Funny coincidence if Washington hosts the Wild Card game which will be plugging the debut in DC.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

It'll be interesting to see if viewership grows during basketball season as I imagine TNT will be cross promoting AEW on the weekly Thursday night NBA games

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Gavok posted:

850,001. I really want to win that car.

you can go straight to hell

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

666,420 viewers guaranteed

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

1,001,000 viewers, 1000 for each of Jericho's holds.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

This is the number that made me vote for an even million with preparedness to be surprised by higher. A recap show with no new content that wasn't heavily promoted on a Friday night did basically the conservative estimate for what the main show could be considered healthy. I feel like they are going to hit the first one out of the park.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Charles Gnarwin posted:

666,420 viewers guaranteed

Jack Black and Kyle Gass are ALL IN.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I expect they will get half as much as twice the super bowl

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Like, 5.

With several million watching on illegal streaming sites

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wonder what other counter programming besides NXT, AEW will face in their timeslot. I wonder what they would consider a success. Maybe... 450,000 views based on how many people watched the ALL OUT preview show and just pure speculation that people may stay in to watch a program on a weekday instead of a friday.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/tnt-tv-show-ratings-33209/

TNT's top dramas get around .8-1.2 million. I...haven't heard of any of those shows, but I'm not a TV guy. Obviously numbers are down everywhere since then but how did early Spike TNA do compared to other stuff on Spike?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fat Lowtax posted:

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/tnt-tv-show-ratings-33209/

TNT's top dramas get around .8-1.2 million. I...haven't heard of any of those shows, but I'm not a TV guy. Obviously numbers are down everywhere since then but how did early Spike TNA do compared to other stuff on Spike?

for a true comparison, USA does lower numbers than TNT

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I think ballpark around 750,000 seems feasible.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

one dollar

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 8 days!)

my prediction is 0 :twisted:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
this does remind me I need to figure out the cheapest way to watch TNT because I cut the cord ages ago

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I don't want to say what I voted for in fear that AEW marks will quote my post in a future thread if it is at all a higher number and laugh at me

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

this does remind me I need to figure out the cheapest way to watch TNT because I cut the cord ages ago

I recommend Sling.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Mel Mudkiper posted:

As your parents that haven't cut the cord for their cable/satellite login and watch on the Roku App for the live feed. That's what I did for the All Out hype show

Speaking of which... the Roku app does have a West/East coast feed, so I assume it won't be live on the west coast

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
*smooths down giant nametag and leans into mic*

1 Viewer

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

*smooths down giant nametag and leans into mic*

1 Viewer

2 viewers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

AEW's debut on TNT will be a game changer, akin to the Moon Landing or Wyld Stallyns performing in Mecca.
100 million viewers.