Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The best part is that it came after this tweet:

https://twitter.com/NianticHelp/status/1174238008398290948

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mega Evolution, like Shiney Pokémon, EVs, IVs, Z Moves, spelling it Forme, and the upcoming Dynamaxing, was a mistake. :colbert:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

There is no Gible. There is only Zuul.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The game finally decided to give me Monday's Walk Distance Rewards today. :niantic:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

LingcodKilla posted:

Your amount of star dust enrages me with jealousy.

I guess that means I shouldn't post a pic showing that I have over 1 million Star Dust, then...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Crosspeice posted:

I would easily have around 2 million stardust if I didn't spend it on all kinds of things. Why not? Doesn't do much good sitting there, and getting a maxed hundo Slaking was totally worth it (it wasn't).

I'm saving it so that I can trade a Shiny Treecko to my kid. It's their favorite Pokémon, and I managed to catch one during it's community day.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Pirate Jet posted:

Are these motherfuckers serious with a hundred and eight berries for the quest :psyduck:

Isn't that what it was last year, too?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Parrotine posted:

This dumb game doesnt wanna give me any TMs no way no how, been at least a couple weeks since any raid has ponied up :argh:

I have 3 Fast and 1 Charged TM and I don't even know how I got them… :confused:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Wheany posted:

From November 2nd at 1:00 P.M. PDT to December 28th at 1:00 P.M. PDT, Eevee wearing a delightful holiday themed flower crown will be exclusively available as Research Breakthrough encounters
If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Eevee with a holiday flower crown!

:yeshaha:

Except for Pikachu and Eevee, they look like bad photoshops. Which is becoming consisant with Niantic.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Loser_Rex posted:

I'm surprised that so many of you think that is real.

I totally believe Niantic would do it, but the Photoshop would be better.

I don't believe the photoshop would be better. Niantic halfasses everything else.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Best advice for Team Rocket stuff is don't do it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Wheany posted:

Stop snitching and let people have their couch stops

:emptyquote:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

When I hit 40, I wanna submit my neighbor's loquat tree. We call it The Giving Tree, because they let anyone who wants the fruit it bears to get them. No charge, just make sure you share, and help smaller children get some.

It's right at the edge of the yard, almost on the sidewalk.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'm down to my last 4 eggs. Pretty sure they're from before the egg reshuffle, so it'll be good to get rid of them and start fresh.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

iospace posted:

I wish PoGo would properly count my bike rides :negative:

Have you tried using Google Fit to track your ride? Someone in the thread said they use it (Fit Tracking) for driving to and from work, but tell it to track a Bike Ride. I've been doing that, and getting egg distance through Adventure Sync, but I haven't checked to see how accurate it is…

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Oh look. Yet ANOTHER loving Pikachu variant.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Fartington Butts posted:

Goddamn. 577 magikarps and still no shiny :/

That's because Niantic hasn't put Shiny Magikarp in the game yet.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

'get hosed unless you spend money or have no job'

This is all niantic.txt says, over and over and over and

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

My husband has retunred from the war

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

thumper57 posted:

Adventure Sync turned itself off on me yesterday, maybe check it's still on?

Also, make sure you check that Adventure Sync is still on after EVERY app update. App updates have a bad habit of turning it off.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'm sure the answer is no, but is there a way to disable the stupid announcements that take over when you open the game? I don't care about them, because I already know what they're saying thanks to this thread. I'm tired of having to dismiss 2, 3, sometimes even 4 of them before I can play.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

There is literally no reason to bump the level cap to 50. You get 0 benefits from it.

The ONLY reason they're doing it is because:

Arquinsiel posted:

The trick seems to be optimising egg use and raiding as much as possible.

IE: dropping cash.

And frankly, if they hadn't shot themselves in the foot post-launch re: online trackers, they'd most likely be making a whole lot more money than they are now.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Lobunny, we should hit Ultra Friends tomorrow. I'm not worried about Egging it up, so save the gift I sent today until tomorrow, then open whenever you want.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Today's update fixed the gift issue (on Android at least)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cowslips Warren posted:

Nope I need Ponyta first. Fight me, bro!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cowslips Warren posted:

Galarian Ponyta. Shiny regular is amazing. But Galarian is next level. Over 9000.

Ah, that's different, yes. Somone who has one, please post a screenshot.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

T1g4h posted:

Oh boy. So stickers are both consumables like potions / Pokeballs and they take the place of getting actual good stuff like revives and whatnot out of gifts. That's... not great.

slave to my cravings posted:

It's really amazing how they keep making the game worse lol

niantic.txt

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Here's hoping this is a permanent change.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

GPTribefan posted:

Does anyone know for sure what the “bug” was? I heard about the charm exploit, but I would think that wouldn’t be a big enough deal out of nowhere to shut the whole thing down for this long.

There wasn't actually any bug or exploit, so they shut it down to code some in.

The competent devs who coded it originally have been sacked.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Best Hat: Mimikyu :colbert:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Give the genius who got GBL shut down for over a week a job Niantic.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Saoshyant posted:

That guy probably has no coding background and can probably do better than anyone there.

Exactly.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I see it's already been done.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

I'm calling you out: list the games you're currently playing.

For me, it's Pokémon GO, SINoALICE, Dragon Quest Of The Stars, Another Eden, Romancing SaGa Re;univerSe, Final Fantasy Record Keeper, and Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Caught a Shiny Oddish, evolved it into Gloom. Now the question is: Do I evolve it into Shiny Vileplume or Bellossom?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Is there some list of what's popping in raids today?

The servers that Niantic bought from Gazillion. They're popping like Rice Krispies.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Just soloed a remote Raid and got my very first Klink!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Heads up: The latest update turned Adventure Sync off again. Double check to make sure you have it on.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mumbling posted:

Looks like the next community day vote is between Porygon, Caterpie, Grimer and Charmander. Top two get the next two months.

Personally, I’m hoping for Porygon and Caterpie.

Bah! Forget Caterpie! I want Weedle Community Day! I need more candy for this shiny gal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah, but I didn't have a shiny Weedle then