Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Willsun thanks for posting your handy list!

I got a good Mewtwo today. And also a pig, a Snivy, Panpour, and Purrloin. Happy to have my Gen 5 friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

rotinaj posted:

With the pattern we have, they will definitely do Gible day. Maybe early next year.

Good: catching a ton of Gibles and finally having enough candy to evolve the one I have into a Garchomp.

Bad: Garchomp's shiny is utter rear end. It's categorically the worst kind of shiny: the one that's completely indistinguishable from the normal. I'll take ugly shinies over the indistinguishable ones any day.

(Now shiny Mega Garchomp looks baller as gently caress but I have no idea how Niantic is going to handle Megas.)

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Parrotine posted:

Do you really think they're going to do megas after Game Freak gave them the axe this upcoming gen?

Obviously I dunno, my dude. Why so aggressive about it? :confused: I was just musing over a situation in which shiny Garchomp would be worthwhile to have.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Wheany posted:

Yeah, New Zealand <--> Spain and Chile/Argentina <--> China/Mongolia/Siberia are one of the few places on Earth where there is actually solid ground on opposite sides of the globe. Okay and Greenland/Antarctica

Husband and I went from New England to French Polynesia for vacation and are grabbing as many local Pokemon as we can to trade each other for the gold Pilot badge. And Corsolas of course. Even then it's barely above 10,000 km distance.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Mewtwo Raid hour went well! Did 6 Raids and I caught them all! Husband got a shiny; I did not. It's ok. I now have a squad of psychic kitties so I'm happy. Hopefully I can get some Shadow Ball ones from EX Raids too.

Now bring on shiny Origin Giratina. I'm ready.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Cowslips Warren posted:

13 raids for me tonight. No shiny. I caught one on my mom's account when he was in town for a week, out of maybe 40 raids?

Dude tonight caught 2 shinies in the same raid.

In short, gently caress this random bullshit.

I haven't caught a shiny Legendary Raid boss since Suicune. Did get a shiny Klink while on vacation though.

I rarely get shinies outside Community Days.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I have a hundo Poliwag I rescued from Team Rocket. Which of its evolutions is more "meta"?

If the answer is neither it's becoming a Politoed cuz Politoed is cuter.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I don't give two shits about the PvP so looks like this guy is gonna become a cute toad friend. Thanks, ya'll !

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Are there any special egg-related things happening for the CD?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Had a nice morning with my girlfriend walking all over. Got a shiny. She got 7.

This was basically me. Walked around historic district with my husband. I got one shiny. He got four.

Fewer spawns overall too. At least we got some delicious ice cream for lunch.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I hatched a Deino from an egg today! That was a nice surprise.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

~Coxy posted:

If you work in the city this game is literally Storage Management Simulator 2019.
I really wish you could spin pokestops with a full inventory.

For real. If gifts don't count against bag space then I should be able to spin stops and get gifts if my bag is full!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

New quest up, I'm seeing litwick shadows and something else everywhere. Nice.

Haven't tested yet to see if trading is double candy too or not

Trading is not double candy, unfortunately. Did a bunch of trades with my husband and it was the usual candy amounts. Oh well.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

parasyte posted:

At least they're all one star so they're easily soloable.

That's not the issue. If I use my free daily pass on a costume dude, that means I can't use it on a Darkrai.

Not everyone is swimming in Premium passes enough that they can afford to burn their free daily pass on something frivolous.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

On the one hand, yes; on the other hand, the lack of shiny Darkrai means both A. it’ll inevitably be back with a shiny version eventually, and B. once you have your raid team of 6 darkrai, farming for more is 100% optional with very minimal ROI. You’re certainly not going to miss out on anything if you earmark 3 of your freebies for costumed starters.

Hmm point. I had forgotten you can't trade them. That's hella dumb. The whole Legendary/Mythic distinction is dumb.

Anyway this weekend I got costume Squirtle and Charmander and a Darkrai, so I'm in much better shape than I was. I'll keep a lookout for the last costume bro this week.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Oh hey. Stumbled across a shiny Drifloon on the way home! :neckbeard: His stats suck, but who cares. Pretty golden balloon!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Today I got a shiny Shuppet on the way to a Darkrai raid. That's two shinies in as many days.

I'm going to get screwed on Shiny Chimchar aren't I?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

My game randomly stopped loading today. It boots up, but a couple seconds after it finishes loading, it just freezes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game and cleared the cache and whatnot, nada.

I've contacted support but they just sent me a canned response about looking at the troubleshooting page. I tried everything on that page except the poo poo like unlinking my Google account from my phone, because no, gently caress you Niantic. This poo poo is your fault, not Google's fault. All my other poo poo works fine.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Gentleman Owl posted:

I'm guessing yesterday's patch broke something for you (and if I know Niantic, plenty of other people too).

For me it finally fixed the instant "failed to connect to device" bug with the Go Plus/Gotcha. Now it fails to connect after a two minute timeout!

"One step forward, one step back" might as well be their corporate slogan at this point.

Yeah it randomly started working again when I got home. Still missed out on a day of spinning the stops around my volunteer gig, stuffing dudes in the gyms, and my coworker was disappointed that I couldn't trade him a Chatot. :(

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Smiles posted:

got my fifth mewtwo ex-raid pass and the third i can actually attend, my best one so far has 10atk so hopefully i can nab a better one before regigas arrives

I got an invite yesterday, my first since Mewtwo rotated into EX raids. And to boot it's on a day when I can actually be in town!

I'm pretty stoked. I've done a bunch of Raids at EX gyms all month and nada. I'd have been pissed if it were for a Friday. Fridays I have a volunteer gig all day on the other side of the state. Sunday I'm not usually in town, but I don't mind making the trip for a Mewtwo. I even sent my husband an invite so he can come too!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I finally spotted a costume Bulbasaur raid today after an endless parade of Klinks all week. Rushed over and did it...

Shiny. Shiny hundo, no less. Well. I will certainly take it!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Pez posted:

I just refuse to pay for a pokemon behind a pay wall, hopefully enough people didn't that they won't try that happy poo poo again. I'd have done it if i could have used the coins I already have but straight cash? Nope.

That was my logic. I am not encouraging that behavior. gently caress that.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I guess I didn't mind the two months of flower crown Eevee because at least those are easy as hell to catch. I'm already sick of wasting golden raspberries and ultra balls on an Articuno that I don't really want or need.

At least the birds are better than the dogs, though. I never watch to catch another dumb Raikou ever again

Don't waste Golden Razzes on those. They can't run away. Just use the regular Razzes and regular Pokeballs, or Ultras. Or just run away if you don't feel like catching it right now. Definitely don't waste the Golden Razzes though.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

Eh depends how often you raid and how good you throw. I have entirely too many goldens that I usually use on weather boosted stuff that I can't great curve well.

Yeah, but the person I was responding to was lamenting about "wasting" Golden Razzes on Articuno. If they're worried about wasting them, presumably they don't have a lot to throw around.

Personally I wouldn't blink at chucking a Golden Razz at a Pokemon that's being a pain in the rear end :shrug: but I can Raid a decent amount.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

We were only out for an hour or so cuz it's cold out and I wanna play the real Pokemon game.

Still ended up with 3 shinies, one of them 800+ CP and 3* which is now an Infernape, and a regular hundo of middling CP that I evolved anyway cuz I had enough candy. I also evolved the lucky Monferno I got ages ago.

All in all, a good take for an hour. lol @ going back out there for the raid hour though. Not a chance.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I made out like a bandit on shinies and evolved a bunch of staters, a couple Flygon, and TWO Metagrosses and one Dragonite so that's nice. I'm still irritated that I didn't see a single Larvitar all weekend. Ended up 30 candy short on evolving my purified Pupitar after walking with it all month and scrounging for Rare Candies. Bah. I guess he'll still be good with Bite and Crunch but I wanted another Smacktar, dagnabbit! :argh:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Wheany posted:

The second stage of this month's Team Rocket quest line has reduced purification requirements (5 vs 15 last month) and also you have to spin a pokestop only 3 days in a row (vs 5 days last month).

Still have to win 5 raids, which makes the 3 pokestop spins moot if you're only using free passes.

I'm thinking Niantic got feedback from players that purifying 15 pokemon that immediately go into the trash gets kind of expensive stardust-wise.

Oh hey, so if you only purify Zubats and Rattatas, you only end up 2k Dust in the hole with the Dust from winning, catching, and the quest reward. :v: That's almost reasonable.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Latest update for some reason has the game asking me if I'd like to turn the AR off or on every time I try and catch a mon, tremendous stuff

Oh my God it does this to me too and I hate it. I even went into my phone settings and turned off camera permissions hoping it would get the message. It does not. Now it just bitches at me to allow camera access when I tap a 'mon, even though I told it to stop asking.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Johnny Joestar posted:

looks like niantic maybe fixed their poo poo, because after a couple restarts and a few hours later the missing gyms are back

Had something similar when I was out with my husband yesterday. We were walking to a restaurant that has a gym within range. He saw a gym tucked away in a parking lot that didn't previously have a gym, and I didn't see one there on my game at all. Then we got to the restaurant, and the gym there didn't show up on his game, even though I could see it on mine. And fight it and take it over. He restarted his game and the gyms were back to normal and he was able to put a dude in the gym along with me.

Still weird.

Cowslips Warren posted:

I missed my chance to apply an Upgrade so it chose one at random fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Wayfarer.

Other hand, got a shiny karp today. The fact my voice is gone is the only reason none of you goons heard me screaming.

And JOLTIK IS THE CUTEST loving POKEMON EVER, CHANGE MY MIND.

You will hear no argument from me on that.

Wish I had a shiny 'karp, though. I have so many Magikarp candies and not a single golden fishie. :(

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

rotinaj posted:

Is Torniero a person on here? I’ve been waiting for the final gift-opening to become best friends for weeks now. Just open the gift, I’ll take 100k experience or 200k experience, either way is fine.

I'm not the guy, but if you just want your exp, you can force a friendship tick by sending that person an EX Raid invite.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

seiferguy posted:

Yeah its pretty funny when someone throws out a legendary to start and I'm like "you're mine, bitch" versus someone who throws out a skarmony and I'm like "aw gently caress."

I love having dual moves though. Someone started with a Lapras and my Lucario, I hit it with power up punch that they block, so then they immediately swap to a Gardevoir and I hit it with a shadow ball that they don't block against and it took it out in one hit.

It's the same way in the mainline games. I would see teams full of legendary Pokemon and think "Ooh goodie! Fresh meeat! :getin:" and run circles around them.

It was the teams full of normal Pokemon I had to watch out for. Those would actually be a challenge.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I really don't like the research task events. Even if you go to an area with a lot of stops, hey it's winter in New England and it's loving cold out, you jerks! I spent about an hour walking around a middling sized city, got maybe a dozen rats. No shiny. I got discouraged after that cuz it was cold out and I wanted to go home!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Entropist posted:

I constantly hit 20 gyms thanks to occasionally playing in the middle of nowhere. Hell, I'm still stuck in three gyms from last summer. Be careful where you put your mons when on holiday in rural areas! I saw some gyms out there that hadn't been flipped over in 700 days.

Is there something special about defending 20 gyms at once? Most I've gotten at once is like... 5.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Oyster posted:

I just noticed that I have two Shadow Moltres. I started the Shadow Zapdos quest in December but didn't catch him until January, then completed the Shadow Moltres quest all in January.

Somehow my Zapdos morphed into a Moltres. I am on team glue sniffers. I am ashamed.

I have been on the "find Giovanni" portion of the quest for weeks. And this is still the December version of the Rocket questline. I hit no less than 5 Rocket lairs while hunting for shiny Ryhyorn this weekend (didn't get any!) and every single one was a decoy.

Took the long way around to get my lunch and hit up two more lairs today. Both decoys.

I am extremely irritated with how little this game, and the Rocket quests in particular, respect your time. This is horseshit. It's winter in New England and I have a loving job. How much time does this game expect me to wander around outside in the cold looking for this rear end in a top hat?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Dr Strangepants posted:

Some of us have only been playing for 3 months! Give a newbie some guidance here, of the raids going on, is this a good summary?

Clone Venusaur - Useless, no community day move
Clone Charizard - Pretty good with Overheat
Clone Turtleguy - Useless, no community day move
Armored MewTwo - Useless
Party hat starters - Useless, cannot be evolved

My friend just said he encountered a Litwick raid boss ! Sweet!

Guy in my local Discord just shouted out that the clones all have their Community Day moves! I can't verify for myself right now.