Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

boop the snoot posted:

The opening was so good that I think it could stand alone as it’s own short film. It’s almost like it was written by completely different people.

The horror movie elements with Sub Zero were also really cool, just really underutilized.

100% the parts with Sub-Zero had some solid menace to them, the way he took Jax apart was great and his scenes with Scorpion were the best in the film. Everything else just felt like they had to get through it. One thing I thought was weird was the part where they all go back to fight 'their nemesis' Jax doesn't fight the guy who froze and broke his arms off.... ?! like c'mon man.

CGI blood also sucks apart from the frozen blood dagger which ruled. So like, if you're going to use CGI blood you may as well get stupid with it like the games always were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Communist Thoughts posted:

I for one think scorpion v subzero is the most boring part of the MK story.

You may be completely correct on that but those were the best fight scenes in a movie which should be 99% fight scenes.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Roth posted:

Also I don't like Street Fighter's art style in 4/5. I think it looks just plain ugly.

And you're very right to think that. Peak Capcom hideousness was Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Infinite which just look like complete poo poo.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Oh and I was really impressed by animatronic/puppet goro for some reason.

Because it ruled? There were 2 suits, this one which the arms are just on hinges and the other, full animatronic one which has the full facial motion and upper arms controllable.

https://i.imgur.com/8khmjBl.mp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVi2klX_feE