Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

DocBubonic posted:

I have a suspicion that Christmas tree is Cassandra Peterson A.K.A. Elvira. The reason for my hunch is that she said she's only thought of during one season. I think the Christmas tree stuff is only a red herring.
Holy poo poo this is a good guess. Well done.

Color Printer posted:

Episode 2 ending spoilers: Panda being Laila Ali feels like it should have been so obvious in retrospect

I actually guessed who Panda was correctly during their clue package but Robin shouting their name out out before the performance convinced me that I was wrong. Whoops!

Black Widow speculation: Raven-Symone, 100%. There was a "...'s home" joke (she's currently starring on Raven's Home), Raven guest starred on Empire, the joke about not being an alien was a reference to Zenon, and you can maaaaybe stretch "Black" widow as a hint to her first name

I have absolutely nothing on Flamingo or Leopard, though. Flamingo sounds super familiar but I can't place her.

[Edit: The internet as a whole is pretty sure Leopard is Ru Paul, which is straight up wrong, but there's a vocal minority that's pretty sure it's Seal, which is a drat solid guess (British accent when speaking, "Leopard" seal) but I'm not aware of any major controversies around him, and also... I dunno, Leopard is more flamboyant than I'd expect Seal to be?]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Oct 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hazo posted:

Rodman is straight. It could be a straight guy "pretending to be gay" with the lilting speech and constant hitting on Nick, but that would be taken as pretty tasteless and offensive once the person is revealed.

Y'know, that logic actually makes a stronger argument for Leopard being Rodman

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

LadyPictureShow posted:

I won't be satisfied unless one of the singers is unmasked to reveal T-Pain again.

And man, the audience can't vote for poo poo. Leopard got sent to the head-to-head? :cmon:

E: also, holy poo poo stop guessing Sherri Shepherd

I think they voted against Leopard because they wanted to know who the gently caress it was.

(Also the voting is probably BS)

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fox speculation: James Marsden is so outta left field but matches so well that it pretty much has to be correct. Not at all who I would have expected, but power to him.

Penguin speculation: I've seen a couple people say Mindy Kaling which fits the judges being convinced she's a comedian, but I'm having a hard time trying to fit the "Not Your Secretary" sign with her, or anyone for that matter (the only secretary references that came to mind were Jena Fischer (lol no) and Maggie Gyllenhaal (holy lol no)).

Also I'm disappointed that this isn't the year they get Joel McHale to "sing" for an episode and then immediately gets unmasked. It has to happen, drat it!

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
...should we tell him?

[Edit: If your first guess was on the Masked Singer, she'd be the Zombie.]

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hazo posted:

The Black Sports and Enteetainment HoF clue locks in Skeleton as Paul Schaffer. It’s on the home page of his website.

Nice sleuthing, aseccondduck, who figured it out before anyone!

I meant to correct you earlier but that wasn’t actually me:

ihatepants posted:

I think Aykroyd is too tall. I'm thinking it's Paul Shaffer who famously played second fiddle to Letterman and was also a member of SNL's house band and was regularly in sketches.

Edit: I'm now sure of my answer. I just checked and there were exactly 4261 episodes of Letterman.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
After some of the clues were very easy to find on their Wikipedia page I am now 100% certain that Leopard is extra text Seal

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FistEnergy posted:

my wife is convinced it's RuPaul

I totally get why, especially considering the giant R U headline but man I can't unhear Seal's singing voice.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Terces posted:

I wish they had a guest judge every episode or just replace McCarthy's spot with guest judges, why is she even on the show? :psyduck:

Jenny is there to scream "SHERRI SHEPHERD!" at literally every female singer who sounds like they might be black soulful

Now that she can't do that anymore maybe they'll ditch her

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 8, 2019

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I legitimately thought that extra text Leopard was going home tonight.

I didn't really have any real guesses who extra text Flower was but I'm not really surprised by the reveal.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Waltzing Along posted:

I've gotten really sick of Ken. I hope they replace him next season. And get rid of the anti-vaxxer. And the one who cries all the time. I'm sure they can find some good hosts.

Ken Jeong always overstays his welcome in my experience. He just gets wackier and wackier the longer a role goes.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
My wife guessed Johnny Weir for the Egg before the judges did.

And I guessed Raven-Symone was Black Widow, like, halfway through her first clue package.

That said, Jenny absolutely gets fed answers. She'll go through every episode making terrible guesses at who someone is but then as soon as we get to the episode where they get unmasked she gives an uncharacteristically coherent guess as to who they are and oh look wow Jenny was "right".

It's happened at least a few times this season.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Dec 7, 2019

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kind of disappointed about Tree because I really loved the Elvira guess.

Also I'm super happy about my positive identification of (spoilers for tonight) Seal being Leopard.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FistEnergy posted:

Rottweiler is easily the best singer of the bunch and that includes season 1. I don't know how that voice isn't a mega-star. Any result other than 'winner' is immediately suspect. Every performance has sounded at least as good as the professionally recorded original, if not better. From a dude in a giant mask.

I can't take credit for this solve but Reddit has the Rottweiler pegged as Chris Daughtry who was on American Idol to that tracks

Personally I think Flamingo and Leopard are also fantastic and I'm disappointed that neither of them went for All I Want Is For Christmas is you on this week's episode.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FistEnergy posted:

I just dont get Leopard's behavior the entire season. Like, he was REALLY selling the character he was playing. I'll leave it at that.

I would argue that Leopard and Thingamajig understand the show better than most contestants. If you're gonna sing in goofy, anonymous costumes, you should camp it up or make it memorable in some way.

Plus Leopard being super camp completely threw off the judges despite his voice being super recognizable once you were listening for it.

...he really committed to a level that surprised me though.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

I'm not saying that's Joel McHale but that's Joel McHale

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Based on their final performances, I think the results were in the right order, impressive

I'll agree with that, but based on overall performances I think second and third should have been switched.

I was joking with the wife about Fox's song turning into Otis and then they did it. Amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Reddit had identified Rottweiler after their first performance/clue package. The version of Alive they performed definitely seemed informed by their "style", too.

I think next season I'm not going to check the subreddit next year. They're too goddamn good at guesses there and it ruins the surprise.