Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Stuck in work but I'll be sneakily watching at my desk, just hope this RWC matches that stellar loving OP.

So how many points will Russia concede here, 60?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

gently caress me this is some turnaround from the warm up loss to Jersey.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Tyma posted:

Scotland: Hogg; Seymour, Taylor, Johnson, Maitland; Russell, Laidlaw-kun
Dell, McInally (captain), Nel, Gilchrist, Gray, Barclay, Watson, Wilson.

Replacements: Brown, Reid, Berghan, Cummings, Thomson, Price, Harris, Graham.

-

Ireland: Larmour; Conway, Ringrose, Aki, Stockdale; Sexton, Murray; Healy, Best, Furlong
Henderson, James Ryan; O'Mahony, Van der Flier, Stander.

Replacements: Scannell, Kilcoyne, Porter, Beirne, Conan, McGrath, Carty, Farrell.

Larmour at 15 is a weak link, look forward to this being a competitive one.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

All good games so far tbh, hopefully more of the same here. Should be tight and I wouldn't be surprised at either team winning, for me it comes down to Murray-Sexton and whether they can get back to their best form.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

The USA backs look like they could cause problems if they got some good ball to work with, england doing a great job spoiling that though.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Pro14 kicks off tonight! Perfect for anyone jonesing with the world cup on a break day.

The pro14 started as a Celtic league but now includes Italian and South African teams because reasons.

The Cheetahs are currently 10-0 up against the Glasgow Warriors, while Ulster kick off against Ospreys in an hours time.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Xtanstic posted:

Just caught the match. Incredible job by Japan.

Mostly this. Think joe will regret not rotating the team more, especially up front, but we're very fragile without Sexton. Murray was shite too, but Japan defended with everything and put in a hell of a performance so it was well deserved.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

BabyFur Denny posted:

I think one advantage on Japan's side over the last world cup is that they have a longer resting period before that final game. Scotland on the other hand only has four days though they're 'only' playing Russia.

Japan's endurance and ability to play at pace until the 80th minute is a huge advantage. If Scotland don't put some daylight between them and Japan early then it could get very tasty towards the end.

Ireland have been utter shite apart from the Scotland game, we're slaves to Sexton and since he's a brittle prissy bitch that isnt a great way to be. Still hopeful we see 2018 form in the knockouts but it's looking less and less likely with each game played.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

I'd love to see a plate and/or bowl at the world cup, give the tier 2 nations a chance at winning something and interest past the groups.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Cant argue, definite red. Bundee stepped into it and hits him in the face.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

CottonWolf posted:

Yeah, this is a really fun start.

Tense! Great so far, this is what world cups are all about.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Lmao what a try Japan loving owwwwn

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

I know the commentators have said fearless a bunch of times but it really is the only way to describe it. Japan back themselves in areas of the pitch that most Tier 1 teams would be playing conservatively, it's a massive breath of fresh air to watch.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Kicking game at this point finn? Just loving run it

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Aramoro posted:

He heard you.

:allears:

Great hands from Gray and Fagerson, this game is nuts.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

gently caress me this has been a quick start. Larmour did well to cover there but I think we need ringrose back

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Need some go forward for ireland here, pressure was building and it seemed inevitable the AB's would score.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Can't miss touch there Johnny

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Ireland are really off the pace here, New Zealand look scary, not a great combo for irish success.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Vaders Jester posted:

Ireland need to wake up really quickly or it's going to be a 40 point game

Aye, by half time :staredog:

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

goatface posted:

Lots of bad decisions from all positions. An Ireland who understandably lost to Japan.

I cant decide whether the irish backs keep picking the wrong pass or if the NZ defence is just that good. Probably a bit of both.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

So loving sloppy

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

To be fair head high in that instance was like a foot off the ground, Ireland are just snatching at everything - they aren't malicious high tackles theres just gently caress all technique because they're garbagemen

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Totally unsurprising, this is the standard Ireland have set over the last year. Clueless going forward, passive and disorganised in defence, shocking skill levels.

Cheers for everything Joe but gently caress me is it time for a re-think.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Smorgasbord posted:

Sexy Bill could do some damage here

Meanwhile on the Irish bench:

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Thanks rory :(

E: his last ulster game was a 50 point drubbing in a knock out game, didn't think it could get worse than that but here we are

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Lmao

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

bigfoot again posted:

Stockdale has been Seriously found out today

He's one of the best in the world going forward but his defense is, uh, not good.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

The only bonus from today is that my England-NZ-Wales-Japan accumulator is still on, obviously japan is the biggest risk but my gambler hardon for Glorious Nippon is still raging.

The boks going 6-2 for their bench kind of plays into my whole belief that they'll get caught up in trying to bully a Japan te⁸am that is devoid of ego- they don't give a gently caress that you think their pack is trash. Japan have the ability to shift the point of attack at will, with super high skills and serious pace on the fringes. Otoh South Africa have Kolbe, a straight up gangster, and the sort of pack that looks like the Uruk-Hai compared to the English Orks of 03.

I honestly think Japan will pull it out tomorrow, they have the accuracy and the skill and come with some serious ballers(who's world XV wouldn't have Himeno and Fukouka in it?) that push them over the brink from pretenders to contenders.

Ya cannae fuckin hit what ya cant catch, uppa Japan, make some history :getin:

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Curry is so good on the ball, I'm not looking forward to another 10 years of him at Test level.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Uhh what's the rules for dropping a ball in a maul that never touches the ground?

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

As an ireland fan that lineout was awfully familiar, what a shocker to give away

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Really enjoying this english physicality

E:how was that not lying on the ball though

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

English back row has been outstanding, that could be a game winner from Wilson

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

goatface posted:

Might be the defining aspect of the game. They outmuscled them across the field.

Underhill and Itoje were absolutely wrecking all around them, what a defensive performance

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

It hurts like gently caress when your team is comprehensively outplayed in a World Cup knockout game, but sometimes you just have to take a step back and smell the Roses. lol no but seriously join the club

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Best haka
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htCTWZqCMhQ

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

The 2007 world cup was the first one I followed as a fan, I got South Africa in our school sweepstakes and won £50 that I spent on vodka and takeaway pizza. We shouted Francois when hitting drop kicks at lunch time in honour of Steyn's beefy boot. That team was seriously impressive, but man for man this one might be better. If England match their performance from the semis it'll be hard to beat but I'd love a final upset.

They play in green so it's good enough for me, uppa boks.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Pollard needs to find his kicking boots, think every opportunity has to be taken here. Good start from the boks though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

SA scrum is amazing so far.

Faf stopping Billy 1-on-1 lol what a game so far