Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

I am daring to dream because japan play the kind of rugby that I want everyone to play. Rugby that’s actually fun to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Looking panicked and unsettled already, come on boys, need to calm down and play your game.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Pail Ale posted:

Stop kicking you Muppet

Quite enjoying these weird little kicks though

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Really pointless as well, he had stopped him cold

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

They’ve settled in now, fantastic attack, just need to get that last bit in

Edit: and de Klerk is either the fastest reacting man of all time or just consistently off side

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

el dingo posted:

Wales don't stand a chance

Against either team. Completely agreed.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Japan, beating the saffa scrum. Offloading like bastards, running every goddamn line. Bloody hell

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

De Klerk is going to pick up a yellow at some point for persistent infringement, or would if Barnes did offsides

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

tarbrush posted:

Barnes does seem to be trading Japan's forward passes for saffers offside.

If they’re always offside your passes have to be forward and if the passes are always forward you have to be offside

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Some really cynical play from South Africa today

Edit: is it legal to obstruct a kick challenge like that?

lenoon fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Oct 20, 2019

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

There seems to be quite a few rules just not being observed this game but then double movement called, about as rare as calling a scrum put in

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Could be a bit of luck or one great play from japan and they’re in it again but I can’t see the boks got getting a try in the next few minutes.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Hurrah another 50 minutes of kicking with the game to be decided by a winger finally getting a try at 78 mins

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

We’ve played badly the whole world cup and somehow won, so it’s not out of the question that biggar will continue to have a shocker and then there’ll be a grinding win at the end.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

On the dances, it’s just plain good sportspersonship really, when people bring their cultures and their traditions to rugby we should be respectful of it.

I do miss the old Haka though. And if you want to be really intimidated by a Haka, check out the NZ women at the 2017 World Cup. loving terrifying.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

We’re definitely seeing a change in rugby which can’t be for anything but the good. If hits keep getting reviewed and penalties awarded for dangerous and edge of dangerous behaviour then teams will adapt by the next time, which leaves players safer and that’s significantly more important than a slightly more flowing game. Rugby is quite stop start anyway as each scrum takes a million years, there’s so many exciting ways to cheat and have it look like the other team’s fault.

I feel like there’s been more concussions from accidental/unavoidable stuff this year than from foul play and that’s great progress.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Total Meatlove posted:

I hope England win so that every obnoxious ABE’er chokes on it.

Come down Cardiff and say that saesneg

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Looke posted:

which parent abused you as a child to make such a retarded statement

The English one.

Christ de Klerk was loving everywhere

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Kitchner posted:

Lol

I'm so glad SA have won, Clive Woodward is so insufferable when they win.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Was Hook dropped from the welsh team for some specific reason? I remember wondering why I hardly ever saw his name mentioned in an international context a while back.

Edit: realised I might be thinking of Henson

lenoon fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jan 15, 2020

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Saracens facing that most English of rugby issues: overwhelming unjustified arrogance, in this case that the rules just don’t apply to them.

Welsh club rugby facing the same issue as the national team, can’t do anything other than run face first into a problem over and over again

And Scotland of course the same problem as all Scottish sports teams bar the curling, lots of people running mouth about playing, can’t consistently actually play

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

North at centre pros and cons

Pro: gets ball more often, Wales win

Con: will get clattered more often, injured in first five minutes of play

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

We’re a nation of small* wiry men and women who are near indestructible below ground, but when exposed to high levels of oxygen we quickly crumble into dust

*and some large

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Kitchner posted:

Almost as if hundreds of years of oppressing a nation and marginalising it has consequences.

Nearly a thousand now, saes bastards

Phil Bennet posted:

Look what these bastards have done to Wales. They've taken our coal, our water, our steel. They buy our homes and live in them for a fortnight every year. What have they given us? Absolutely nothing. We've been exploited, raped, controlled and punished by the English — and that's who you are playing this afternoon.

lenoon fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Feb 1, 2020

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Aramoro posted:

They need to start taking action on that kind of thing and not just because I have an irrational hatred of Luke Cowan Dickie.

All We desire
Citation
Punishment climbing higher and higher
Citation

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Poite. Poite Poite Poite. Poitey poiety Poite.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

lenoon posted:

Poite. Poite Poite Poite. Poitey poiety Poite.

There he goes again

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

How is this man considered a top flight ref. I know no one knows what the hell the rules are for the scrum but come on man. When even the English commentators are saying “something’s wrong here” you know it’s really gone wrong

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

I wonder at what point pivac is going to turn over the page he’s written the game plan on to find the “attack” bit

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Farrell just pulling by the neck there right in front of the ref. Man lives a charmed life

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Always whining about the ref and then just playing dirty and conceding three right in front of the posts - you get what you give imo

Edit: unless you’re New Zealand where you just do whatever

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Tres loving bien! What a play

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

ITV commentary? Yep hilarious trash

This french defence is somehow amazing

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Passing to Genge was just described as saving the space on the left, rather than wasting a sure thing, commentary getting bizarre

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Italy never give up but man I just don’t know where they go.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

England playing like a team who are going to finish the championship being turned into a fine cream by an Ireland team playing alright

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Irish front row didn’t even look like they were breaking a sweat there.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

The media never talk about England having to ask serious questions about what they’re doing and the quality of their game plan, but when they’ve just been totally loving poo poo for the vast majority of each game - brainless, outplayed, out kicked, ill disciplined and unimaginative, etc

That’s going to be a red I think Billy was fully out then

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Once you saw him limp on the ground there it was always going to be a red

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Billy was low so bundee has to get lower, poo poo that something like that can change a game.

It won’t change the game though, England chucking penalties away will see Ireland comfortably through