Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Wine and dine dude. Wine and dine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ulex minor posted:

Also I am embarrassed for having to hire a man to perform the kind of masculine tasks I feel I should be capable of doing myself.

You need to show him you have other skills. Do yoga or speedrun your favorite video game right next to where he's working.

I once played the bagpipes the whole time when a guy parqueted our floor.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ulex minor posted:

okay so this seems to happen every time but when someone says - we'll arrive between 12pm and 2pm what they really mean is that they'll arrive at 2:15 because I've been having anxiety about this for like 2 hours now and still no one has arrived!

Pretend you're offering him a cup of tea but when he extends his hand BANG!! serve him papers because you're suing him for contract violation

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Judging by the UK megathread in d&d you shouldn't under any circumstances offer him potato crisps because you guys will argue about them for four days and no work will be done

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hammerite posted:

lol @ the idea of trying to learn about what a country's people are like from anything posted on these forums (particularly DnD)

Well there's always the alternative of watching the news and hearing their leaders talk

I prefer the snack obsessed commies tyvm

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
How many toffs frequent food banks? I'd wager there's pretty strong correlation between class and wealth even in the UK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Uh.. was all this about you ordering pizza?