Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I liked everyone in the end, even Pewter who was a piece of poo poo on the true ending path because he's your bff to the bitter end on the other side when Renju is dead and he wants revenge. I just wish he hadn't been so easily manipulated into doing terrible things. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Aside from the ending dance I think the part I cheered at hardest was when Moma is the first one to burst in and save you from Saito. I yelled MY BOY and jumped up, I really hadn't expected him to be one of the ones showing up but I'm so glad he was.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I also loved that while the game was pretty gory, they saved one of the absolute goriest parts for killing Saito. I couldn't stop laughing when his head blew off leaving the gross bloody stump. gently caress that guy whose face we were in the whole game

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

jimmydalad posted:

I did not expect dementia to come into a story and it took me by surprise. Mayumi’s somnium was tearjerking but heartwarming at the same time. She really is just a mum trying to do her best for her son. At least Ota sorta gets his poo poo in shape in Oda and Resolution endings.

Huh I cottoned on to the fact that Mayumi had dementia from her very first scene. She's constantly talking about her husband being just offscreen and running an empty restaurant so I figured she was stuck in the past and couldn't remember things properly.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh and the years old calendar was a big tipoff too

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I wonder what happens in some of the other endings. Mizuki's and Ota's end on relatively positive notes but in Mizuki's while Saito at least is dead, So is gonna wake up in Iris's body so that's gonna be weird. And then in Ota's the same is true but Saito is also still alive in Boss's body.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Terper posted:

Haven't completed the game yet, not reading anything, just jumping in to post this, catch y'all when I'm done

https://clips.twitch.tv/TenuousWildBearYouWHY

Basically my exact reaction

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I really thought that the flowchart was gonna be shaped like something since it branches all weirdly, but no

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Argue posted:

Truth serum appears to work in this universe extremely perfectly, based on that one scene, so what is even the point of ABIS and Psyncing at all?

Well that would be unethical!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hwurmp posted:

Not to mention sticking Aiba in his head. :psyboom:

Oh neat eyeball lemme just pop that in here

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Argue posted:

My interpretation of it was that Iris' conspiracy theories were at least somewhat correct and that Aiba reconstituted herself through the magic of Naix. Also I personally think that Aiba came back almost immediately but held off on telling Date so she could recruit everyone to rehearse a song and dance number for three months.

They also had to wait for Hitomi to heal from her secret surgery to let her move her arm so she could participate in the dance properly. :v:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I am disappointed that she doesn't have as much presence in the true ending but I still think the true ending is the best regardless.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Yeah I think so too. After all, in the true route Date becomes her legal guardian so it’s not like her abandoned her or anything. Plus isn’t Saito still alive in the Mizuki Route? Or was he in So’s body when he died?

No Saito dies in So's body

However that does mean that when "Iris" regains consciousness it's gonna he So in there.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

It IS a little weird that So calls Date his son during that whole exchange. I know at that point Saito was playing in-character as So, but it was an odd thing to reveal considering there was no reason for him to do that.

He probably just thought it was funny

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

There's nothing the worst about it it's perfect and wonderful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yes