Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polderjoch
Jun 27, 2019

May the sacred flame guide me... Or something like that.
I went left first and did Psyncin' in the VaiN as my first non-Mizuki Somnium and honestly I feel like it's a much better direction to go. All of the hints that solve what happens in the left side are in the right side, with a lot of it happening before the lock as well, while most of the left-side exclusive mysteries are brought up and solved in the left side without affecting the right side.

Doing left side first also made me suspect as gently caress of just about everyone in the game since I got the boss video lock as my very first path, meaning that by that point Iris, Boss, Ota, So, etc were all super suspicious of their own stuff, but since the other psync machine, let alone the "oh you can mind-swap" thing isn't brought up in the left branch at all, it's just a good mystery you can theorize about, but not actually solve.
Doing right side first basically just spoils the biggest mystery in left side.

Also Mayumi might be my favourite character in the game, I disliked her at first and Ota is still a piece of poo poo, but man the entire thing with Ota being a worthless piece of poo poo that doesn't realize all the awful poo poo he does to his parents by virtue of being a child (and then man-child) while Mayumi struggling to make ends meet and then also having dementia was incredibly touching.

I hate Ota's Somnium though, that one was irritating as hell.

fakedit: also i 100% thought from the aiba simulation bits that the wadjet system was jsut simulating every reality other than the true one which is how date could "see" the other timelines but uhhhhh guess he's just a shifter

Polderjoch fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Sep 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polderjoch
Jun 27, 2019

Regy Rusty posted:

Huh I cottoned on to the fact that Mayumi had dementia from her very first scene. She's constantly talking about her husband being just offscreen and running an empty restaurant so I figured she was stuck in the past and couldn't remember things properly.

I just took that to mean her husband was stuck in some shady poo poo relating to the murders or something.

Also yeah no Boss or Pewter endings is the worst thing, especially since I believe they're also the only two relatively major characters we never enter the Somnium of, aside from Renju and Shoko who are already dead, and Mama and Moma who are more supporting anyway.

Actually just to keep it straight since it gets confusing to me, we enter: Mizuki, Iris (twice), So, Hitomi, Date (thrice, technically), Saito (twice), Rohan, Ota, and Mayumi.
So no Boss or Pewter, no Shoko and Renju for obvious reasons, and no Mama or Moma I guess because they weren't relevant enough.

Polderjoch fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Sep 22, 2019

Polderjoch
Jun 27, 2019

psychoJ posted:

So is there a list of the side endings floating out there? i've only seen all the main endings and a couple where Date just gets killed for whatever reason.

You missed the best ending, which is where Date gets a girlfriend and goes on vacation.

Polderjoch
Jun 27, 2019

Hwurmp posted:

I could use some hints for finishing PSYNCIN' IN THE REFRaiN and PSYNCIN' IN THE MOUNTaiN with more than a minute remaining. I got pretty close on REFRaiN but I didn't have a good TIMIE for the last door.

Just conserve all of your [1] TIMIEs for REFRaiN, make sure you only use them on the doors and to known down the ladder. MOUNTaiN you just need to move quickly and only pick the options you need to, there isn't really a strategy to conserve time there aside from use the map.

Polderjoch
Jun 27, 2019

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Yep, figured it'd only be a matter of time before Aiba plushies would start showing up...

That's not even the best part.

The AIball can come out