Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Believe it or not, there was a time before we all owned a personal dictionary nanny. Post your own or others' misspells that made you giggle.

I just now ended up sending Outbark Stakehosie as a suggestion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

CharminUltraStrong posted:

Believe it or not, there was a time before we all owned a personal dictionary nanny. Post your own or others' misspells that made you giggle.

I just now ended up sending Outbark Stakehosie as a suggestion.

My friend was talking to her boyfriend at work, and he said "I'm not doing much, just sitting here, pleasurizing."

It took her a few confused attempts before she understood that he thought the word "plagiarize" was actually "pleasurize"

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Drunk Nerds posted:

It took her a few confused attempts before she understood that he thought the word "plagiarize" was actually "pleasurize"

That's some pretty bad plagiarism.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
I work in healthcare and people say poo poo like larnyx and pharnyx all the time or confuse palpation with palpitation.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
So when are the wrridos going ti jimp in whi are all like "spelling isbjustn a spcial xontruct" snd "lol if u prescriptivism" like they're the first people tonever have thought of it

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I'm a beeg beeleever in fauxnetic spellink

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

TOILET

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Colonel Cancer posted:

I'm a beeg beeleever in fauxnetic spellink

are you also peter lorre

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Extremely specific gripe: apparently a solid 90% of lawyers/judges don't know the difference between peremptory and preemptory, for some reason. Drives me nuts.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

drat horror queefs posted:

Extremely specific gripe: apparently a solid 90% of lawyers/judges don't know the difference between peremptory and preemptory, for some reason. Drives me nuts.

is preemptory a distinct legal concept or are they just misspelling peremptory?

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
"teh"

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

The other day I tried to reference Fat Joe in a text message and Swype made me say
Gay Joe

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Have you ever discussed someone's predicament and ended up giving them advice on "bug problems" instead? Because this innuendo really does belittle their plight in unfortunate ways.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

Poasty posted:

The other day I tried to reference Fat Joe in a text message and Swype made me say
Gay Joe

Maybe Fat Joe is now Gay Joe. Like how Snoop Dogg became Snoop Lion. Swype is trying to bring you in touch with the times.

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

I love ‘defiantly’ instead of definitely. And homophone misuse of all sorts. If you want to get riled up about those types of things or just be impressed by the possibilities of misuse out there this website is great:

https://brians.wsu.edu/common-errors/

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

is this thread even real?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i feel like i'm in the matrix reading something the machines wrote to seem like a forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hell Yeah posted:

i feel like i'm in the matrix reading something the machines wrote to seem like a forum.

I’ll check on it in the morning idgi