Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

...I swear, it's the same face as this.

Too Human is a game planned, produced, and designed by a collective of fuckwits, and published by Microsoft.

PLANNING: Announced in 1999, Too Human started as a long and epic Action/RPG for the PS1, with Silicon Knights riding high on the previous success of Blood Omen: Legacy Of Kain. Then, SK signed up with Nintendo to make some games for the GameCube, and took Too Human with it. In 2005 it turned out that Too Human was coming for the Xbox 360 as a trilogy of epic Action/RPGs on the Unreal Engine. Only one of them was ever released, in 2008, because...

PRODUCTION: SK sued Epic Games for bad tech support. Epic counter-sued and won because in their spare time the folks at SK were taking Unreal Engine sources, scrubbing out Epic copyright notices, and using the code as their own. In 2013 Epic won so hard, Silicon Knights was ordered to recall and destroy all unsold copies of all its UE games, incuding Too Human. It wasn't a big loss, because...

DESIGN: Too Human is a flaming pile of garbage people only bought for the hype and (after all the reviews rolled out) the "gamerscore."

Technically no one is allowed to sell Too Human, but in the summer of 2019 perverse wizards at Microsoft made the game compatible with (and "enhanced" by) Xbox One, and put it up online for free. They're not selling it, they are giving it away! It's still way overpriced, though, as we shall see together.

Let's play this poo poo:

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Dec 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

For extra fun, read the glowing letters on our hero's cutscene sword.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Still processing, but I gotta run

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Cooked Auto posted:

This has to be one of the worst boss fights I've ever seen in any game.
Clearly, you haven't seen the rest of this game's boss fights.

Karia posted:

Why did Baldur even bring the soldiers with him? They don't do anything. I guess that is par for the course for action games, but still.
Their piddling guns do damage and can kill things. They draw enemies to them, too.

Unless you die. I've seen it quite a few times in the first run that the moment Baldy drops dead, everyone ceases hostilities and chills.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

It's got a romantic subplot so bad, I'd love to LP it just for that.

"Oh, fair elf maiden, I've saved your life a few times, we've battled together for days, let's hold hands!"
"Er, no. You're destined for that crazy girl with axes, and big tits in a tight top. The one that hasn't had a line of dialogue in hours."
"Oh. OK."

*Gandalf has sent you 20 video messages*

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

My favourite FAQ on Gamefaqs tells the reader to treat combat like Geometry Wars.
The second favourite tells you how awesome the game is, and then fails to complete the basic skill trees for all the classes.

Today, the game will teach us the mechanics, such a a fuckton of damage types.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

When it comes to the plot, remember that this is the first game of a trilogy.

EasilyConfused posted:

I'm sure I just missed it, but what were you reading during the video?
https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/1695

Love the cheese seat. Someone's project for the evening it a large cheese for appetiser and a huge cheese for the main course.

And one of these guys it taking his order literally.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Even the hardware can't take it.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

In how many more ways can this suck?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

I have no idea what the plot is even trying to be.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

This is supposed to be some mech sub/tank thing. Why is there so much wasted space?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Today I learned that most of the people who worked on the sound in Too Human never worked in the industry again after SK :allears:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

"What are you gonna do, slaughter me?"
Quote from the man slaughtered.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

That Which Vomits Diseased Brains is a name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Here comes the last chance for the plot to become a plot. Will they manage?