Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Hey all, I just found out that it was recently Batman Day and I wanted to share everything I learned this morning about Batman day with all of you. I think this would also be a good thread to talk about Batman and all of the things we like about him and all of his adventures with his friends. Here's what I know about Batman Day: (I will be citing sources even though you fine folks know that I wouldnever mislead you unless it was for money)

1. Batman Day this year was on September 21, 2019.
A quick google search of "What day is Batman Day?" confirms this:

https://www.cbr.com/when-is-batman-day-2019/ posted:

15th September was... Batman Day.
The purpose of Batman Day is to celebrate the anniversary of the character’s first ever appearance, which was in Detective Comics #27 way back in May 1939.

Makes perfect sense, we celebrate Batman Day every year on September 15 to celebrate his first appearance in May 1939.

2. The first ever Batman Day was on July 23, 2014

https://www.cbr.com/when-is-batman-day-2019/ posted:

The first official Batman Day occurred on July 23, 2014, coinciding with the revelry of Comic-Con International in San Diego. Although it was two months shy of the same day, the event commemorated the 75th anniversary of the character's debut.

Well, the first one was in July just for fun which is two months shy of the same day.

3. In 2015, Batman Day happened on the "wrong day." September 26 when it should have been June 26.

https://kotaku.com/batman-day-is-happening-on-the-wrong-day-1733058818 posted:

Today is Batman Day, a fake holiday invented for the sole purpose of helping market merchandise branded with the Dark Knight. Not that Bruce Wayne needs the help. The worst thing about Batman Day is that it’s happening on the wrong date. It should be on June 26, not September 26.

This one was embarrassing. We accidentally had Batman Day on September 26.

4. Batman Day is an unofficial holiday which is celebrated annually on May 1st.

http://www.holidayscalendar.com/event/batman-day/ posted:

Batman Day is on May 1st each year. This holiday honors and celebrates the fictional superhero from the American comic books published by DC Comics and featured in Hollywood movies, television series, cartoons and graphic novels over the last 70+ years.
Each year on May 1, we celebrate Batman Day.

I hope that this thread has cleared up any confusion about Batman Day and when it occurs each year. I am forever grateful for the story of Batman and the magic beans that he found in the forest that gave him incredible bat-like hearing that he uses to eavesdrop on people. I hope that one day he and Clownman will finally marry each other and return to the forest that created them so that they can care for the friendly creatures within.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

dang i didn't know he had a last name

Jolo

One of my favorite issues is the one where Batman finally perfects his backflip. He runs over to the forest lodge to show his parents and then we get this great exchange:

*Batman does a backflip*

Batman's Parents (2, Alive): That's great Batman, what are you going to call it?

Batman: Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, a Flippy Dippy Doo?

Batman's Parents: sure, whatever

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Heather Papps

hello friend

how could you take batman seriously enough to fuckin' have a batman day but not take him seriously enough to do it right?

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

google THIS

Jolo posted:

Hey all, I just found out that it was recently Batman Day and I wanted to share everything I learned this morning about Batman day with all of you. I think this would also be a good thread to talk about Batman and all of the things we like about him and all of his adventures with his friends. Here's what I know about Batman Day: (I will be citing sources even though you fine folks know that I wouldnever mislead you unless it was for money)

1. Batman Day this year was on September 21, 2019.
A quick google search of "What day is Batman Day?" confirms this:

Makes perfect sense, we celebrate Batman Day every year on September 15 to celebrate his first appearance in May 1939.

2. The first ever Batman Day was on July 23, 2014

Well, the first one was in July just for fun which is two months shy of the same day.

3. In 2015, Batman Day happened on the "wrong day." September 26 when it should have been June 26.

This one was embarrassing. We accidentally had Batman Day on September 26.

4. Batman Day is an unofficial holiday which is celebrated annually on May 1st.

Each year on May 1, we celebrate Batman Day.

I hope that this thread has cleared up any confusion about Batman Day and when it occurs each year. I am forever grateful for the story of Batman and the magic beans that he found in the forest that gave him incredible bat-like hearing that he uses to eavesdrop on people. I hope that one day he and Clownman will finally marry each other and return to the forest that created them so that they can care for the friendly creatures within.

Jesus: (nodding) Yes, that seems sensible.

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Sunday, Monday Batman Days
Tuesday, Wednesday Batman Days
Thursday Friday Batman Days
Saturday, what a day
Groovin' all week with Bruce!

lost my old email

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Sunday, Monday Batman Days
Tuesday, Wednesday Batman Days
Thursday Friday Batman Days
Saturday, what a day
Groovin' all week with Bruce!

alfred hyping himself up in the mirror of a morning, getting ready to seem slightly above it all but still be supportive of his, let us face it, it is his son. batman is his son and alfred loves him. they tried to go for this in the last nolan batmungo and kind of missed the mark also his real name was robin? too cute dude. too cute. bane's voice was cool

woooooo tiny shout out to deaf sex woooooooo it is spooky and i should have slept more posting up a storm this night wooooooooooooo i say. tiny shout out to mocking quantum also that guy rules. whoooooooooooo

alnilam

*punches the calendar printer guy* WHERE ARE THEY

ty manifisto

Escape From Noise

Batman is a creep tho...

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Sep 25, 2019

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.
It is my considered opinion that Batman Day was established and disseminated by Calendar Man.

Per Wikipedia :

quote:

Calendar Man is fascinated by dates and calendars. His crimes always have a relationship to the date that they are committed. The theme may be related to what day of the week it is or to a holiday or to a special anniversary on that date; he will plan his crime around that day. He often wears different costumes which correspond to the significance of the date, though he does have a main costume which has various numbers (meant to represent days on a calendar) sprouting from the shoulders.[1]

As you can see, establishing the existence of Batman Day gives Calendar Man a perfect, straight-forward reason to commit a crime designed to thwart and discourage the Batman, without putting in the effort to incorporate the extra themes associated with other holidays, both religious and secular in nature.

Only Calendar Man knows the true date of Batman Day, and that day will always coincide with a day when his specialized costumes are in the wash and he needs to get up to mischief in his default, fighting-Batman clothes.

google THIS

Commissioner Gordon Day: That was a close call. Thanks for your help, Batman Day...Batman Day?

(Batman Day has already moved three months away)

Jolo

Disgusted with Colander Man and all of his antics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri-CL3Yfh44

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Jolo

Jolo posted:

One of my favorite issues is the one where Batman finally perfects his backflip. He runs over to the forest lodge to show his parents and then we get this great exchange:

*Batman does a backflip*

Batman's Parents (2, Alive): That's great Batman, what are you going to call it?

Batman: Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, a Flippy Dippy Doo?

Batman's Parents: sure, whatever

Hey everybody, the Joke Analysis Team is here to do a rundown of the problems with this joke. What we have here is a case of too many jokes all crammed together without the room for any one joke to breathe. The main joke of this one is that Batman should call his backflip the "batflip" but instead he calls it something else. This gets lost because of several bad jokes surrounding it.

In the first sentence, there's a reference to Batman's forest lodge. A callback to something from the very end of the OP that most people probably skimmed over.

Next we have a joke about how Batman's parents are still alive.

Then there's a small goof about Batman's parents calling their son Batman instead of his actual name.

Finally, there's a crack about Batman's parents immediately losing interest in Batman's backflip and the name he picked for it.

In conclusion, whoever posted this should probably be sent to joke jail for comedy crimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lost my old email

Jolo posted:

Batman should call his backflip the "batflip"

lol

woooooo tiny shout out to deaf sex woooooooo it is spooky and i should have slept more posting up a storm this night wooooooooooooo i say. tiny shout out to mocking quantum also that guy rules. whoooooooooooo